I disagree. The Android community spoke, and asked for a "pure" Android experience, rather than Android with OEM skins on top of it. Thus the Nexus was born. Personally, I don't see a marketing machine behind the Nexus (especially in comparison to Samsung), other than them ramping up some more product offerings in forms of tablets. People wanted a bare bones Android experience, and Google listened. This is why the Nexus have never been the industry leader in specs, or software..they just put out a good product that is easy to develop for..and the community loves them.
    Still doesn't change what I said about it not being better than other phones for anyone other than the techie crowd. If you want to say the PEOPLE have spoken rather than just the Android community, then units sold for other offerings speaks for itself.

The debacle of Nexus4 stock problems isn't an excuse either. It's been back in stock and still doesn't even come close to SG3 sales by a long shot.

Your points also don't change that within the span of mere months the hardware on Nexus phones are outclassed by OEM offerings just like... Any other android.

And to be very honest, the stuff coming out this year on Android OS updates just isn't all that impressive anymore. The span of time between OS updates that are actually eye popping is getting longer. As he mentioned above, the price is a factor. I'd be willing to pay that much for a no LTE phone if I was on T - Mo, and no sd card. If it had both, i'd pay $600-ish

I'm not telling you it's a bad phone. I was responding to the statement that it's the "best" Android. It just isn't, and that's going to be abundantly clear after the MWC displays next week with March/April launch dates of those.
    02-18-13 06:28 PM
    . I just bought an iPhone5 a couple weeks ago and used it for a week just to see what all the fuss was about. Needless to say I returned it after getting frustrated with things I was used to doing on my N4 and couldnt on the 5(even after jailbreak).
    Inquiring minds want to know what the issues were to make you return the Iphone 5........
    02-18-13 06:44 PM
    I'm not telling you it's a bad phone. I was responding to the statement that it's the "best" Android. It just isn't, and that's going to be abundantly clear after the MWC displays next week with March/April launch dates of those.
    I agree it isn't the "best" either, unless we're talking about software support lol. Other than that, there is better offerings, but for the price point, it's a hard phone not to like.
    02-18-13 06:46 PM
    BlackBerry z10 is not to replace Iphone or android phone. It is to provide another choice. Die hard BlackBerry fan will like BlackBerry. Android guys will never like BlackBerry or Iphone. Iphone guys will find android and BlackBerry mediocre. As a BlackBerry can, I simply find z10 a joy to use. Likewise, I can stand using Android and Iphone. They are all good phones, but my z10 is a better fit for me.

Posted via CB10
    you sir, win teh internetz tonight
    02-18-13 06:58 PM
    Why not buy a device to try to see if it suits? I did with the PB, and returned it. You read, you research, and then if there is an interest you buy. If it doesn't suit, there is an option to return.
    No reading can compare with actually trying a device. Words on paper and dozens of videos do not equal user experience.
    It is why most carriers allow 2 weeks to a month with a device or you can return it and get another. You never really know about a device until you use it the way you want/need.
    02-18-13 07:07 PM
    Oh, I understand the current Z10 situation with the above. What I'm asking for is a similar list of features the Z10 has that other platforms don't (or combination of features) that would make someone choose a Z10 over the competition. The above was a specific list of functions/features that I had on BB7 that I couldn't get on another platform. When someone said "why do you still use BB10?" I could point to the above. What's a similar list for BB10?

As an aside, according to the Z10 manual, #1 is sort of available through Remember (but with problems - no reminders - how do you "remember" if you're not reminded?!), #2 should be available currently, ##s 3-6 I'll believe it when I see it.
    Can't help you. But I can tell you this whole "tell me what this new thing offers that the others don't" kick is short lived... WHY would anyone want that anyway? Seriously, if you work in a corporate environment, that is the last thing you want. You want something that is cross-platform with support for everything.

If you're just sitting in your living room looking for the latest tech fix? Yeah, the NEW is good, and stimulating... But let's be real, that's a tiny percentage. TINY.

Just a personal opinion, but if you're looking at Android/Apple/Blackberry/Windows and you're down to the minutiae? You might as well roll the dice...
    02-18-13 07:16 PM
    Or I can have a flashlight app on, YouTube playing in the background while I browse the Internet or send an email. it's nice when apps stay fully open in the background.

Posted via CB10
    To those who want to watch a youtube while doing anything else in Android - go get an app called "floating browser"

As to Android multitasking keeping up - well, note around 4:30 when there are 6 videos running concurrently. The Galaxy Note 2 is a heck of a phone and you can put my vote for the best Android out there at the mom.

zc1 likes this.
    02-18-13 07:19 PM
    I got the Z10 as a replacement for my Nexus 4 and was planning to sell it.
    I now have both devices and I do not really see the point of replacing the Nexus 4.
    I do not want to offend anyone and I like to try all the operating systems without being bias to any.
    I really do not see any advantage thet the Z10 has over Nexus.
    a simple task of downloading an application from the market became a long process of finding and side loading it.

even the 9810 I had before the Nexus had more advantages than the Z10 which to me feels like an android with a custom launcher and no application (and Data drops).
    Here's one huge advantage...Nexus 4 will forever be Nexus 4. The Z10 will not only get 10.1 but its likely to get 11 or whatever they call the next big upgrade.

Sent from my BlackBerry by Choice using Tapatalk
    02-18-13 07:30 PM
    Here's one huge advantage...Nexus 4 will forever be Nexus 4. The Z10 will not only get 10.1 but its likely to get 11 or whatever they call the next big upgrade.

No devices have the upgradeability of Android devices. The only barrier to infinite upgrades for the enterprising user is hardware restrictions.
    randall2580 likes this.
    02-18-13 07:34 PM

This makes absolutely no sense and is based on zero facts. By the way, my Nexus 4 is on Android 4.2.2
    02-18-13 07:51 PM
    Fair enough, but then why log in to a forum to ask "what's the point..." If you've already tried the device, and and have the option to return, why ask all and sundry "what's the point"? i.e.what's the point of "what's the point...", if you see my point? I just spent a couple of hours in Android and iMore forums and don't see these type of threads (which could be mistaken for trolling or posturing) there. Wow! What a change in signal to noise ratio! You've got thousands of posts logged, have you noticed this?
    Been sayin this all week long. So many of these threads should be in imore or android central. Post your thread titled Z10 sucks there.
    02-18-13 08:03 PM
    Can't help you. But I can tell you this whole "tell me what this new thing offers that the others don't" kick is short lived... WHY would anyone want that anyway? Seriously, if you work in a corporate environment, that is the last thing you want. You want something that is cross-platform with support for everything.

If you're just sitting in your living room looking for the latest tech fix? Yeah, the NEW is good, and stimulating... But let's be real, that's a tiny percentage. TINY.

Just a personal opinion, but if you're looking at Android/Apple/Blackberry/Windows and you're down to the minutiae? You might as well roll the dice...
    Sorry, disagree. The features I listed were anything but minutiae. They were real, specific, used every day multiple times, efficiency tools that BlackBerry gives me that the other platforms don't. I use technology to make my work life more efficient. With BB7 can point to specific features/functions that provide that efficiency. I'm looking for someone with a Z10 to share some similar examples about the Z10. That's what I'm hoping for from this thread.
    02-18-13 08:07 PM
    Seriously boys?!?!?! You're all acting like you're all in a high school shower room with measuring sticks.......
    Why do I admire that everything this lady said so far makes so much sense? :-)) Seriously.
    Boys, be as intelligent as she is!
    02-18-13 08:10 PM

Um, what? Here's a video of a Nexus One (released January 5th,2010) running Jelly Bean.

I'm sure the Nexus 4 will be very well upgradable for future Android versions as well.
    02-18-13 08:51 PM
    What advantage does it give the user? I think that is an individual response for each person. Maybe you prefer bb, maybe you like the UI better, maybe you like the options and settings, maybe you like the screen and on and on.

Nothing wrong if you choose to like your nexus better for whatever reasons that are individual to you.
    Spoken like a true BlackBerry fan. I've always appreciated other phones and OS's, and never made fun of em, except for iOS when my girlfriend knocks BlackBerry :P. I have been using BlackBerry for a while now (a 7000 series, a Curve 8310, Bold 9900, and a PlayBook) but don't have a Z10 yet . I've contemplated getting an Android device, but, I've never really felt comfortable with anything other than a BlackBerry. Maybe it's just the true Canadian in me wanting to see my fellow Canadians succeed.
    One_Cam likes this.
    02-18-13 11:02 PM
    The advantage or disadvantage would be whatever YOU make it. If you can't figure it out then no one can make that decision for you. I am not trying to be rude...just simply saying you need to decide what is or isn't an advantage for you. As an example...people say not having Netflix or Skype is a deal breaker...I personally could care less about those two apps. Good luck and I'm sure you'll figure out what is best for you!
    02-18-13 11:33 PM
    I am not Canadian but I also want Blackberry to make it ...it is the underdog in this race .If I did not I would not have spent money on getting their latest device.I just hope that they follow up quickly on their initial offering and not do things the way Microsoft did with windows phone where every small step forward took ages.

Spoken like a true BlackBerry fan. I've always appreciated other phones and OS's, and never made fun of em, except for iOS when my girlfriend knocks BlackBerry :P. I have been using BlackBerry for a while now (a 7000 series, a Curve 8310, Bold 9900, and a PlayBook) but don't have a Z10 yet . I've contemplated getting an Android device, but, I've never really felt comfortable with anything other than a BlackBerry. Maybe it's just the true Canadian in me wanting to see my fellow Canadians succeed.
    Khouri86 likes this.
    02-18-13 11:37 PM
    I used to own a Nexus 4, I now own a Z10. I sold my N4 and kept my Z10.

For Me the Z10 is much better. Saying the Z10 or Nexus 4 (or iPhone 5) is better would be completely wrong, it is only about what is better for you. For me without a doubt it is the Z10.

The top 4 reasons I like my Z10 better than my Nexus 4:
    -I really like the HUB. Having multiple inboxes on my Android and iOS devices is just cumbersome and slow.
    -I really like with browser with full flash support. The N4 of course does not natively support flash, but it is not just flash it is the fact that the BB10 browser supports far more HTML5 standards than any other browser on the planet (yes even including all desktop browsers) there has been a few cases where websites were completely unusable on my N4 but worked perfectly on my Z10 (off the top of my head www.fitocracy.com is one).
    Uh, no. fitocracy shows up fine on my HTC One V (an entry-level android) so I'm pretty sure it does on N4 as well.

I get a kick out these guys who claim their anroids (or iphones) don't do this or don't do that. Another guy above, D Mac, claimed he didn't like android and iphones (apparently he had both) because because the multiple inboxes on email were cumbersome. Uh, no again. All my emails show up in one place, or in separate accounts, whatever I like. Maybe the reason you don't like them, D Mac, is because you never learned how to use them.
    randall2580 likes this.
    02-18-13 11:40 PM
    I don't miss those at all. The notification bar at the top and the action bar at the bottom take up too much screen space. On the Z10 apps actually run Fullscreen, you don't need all that clutter taking up space.
    Yup, that 3mm notification bar sure does eat up screen space. I just don't know how any android fanboy can get any work done with a screen virtually obliterated by their notification bar.
    02-18-13 11:50 PM
    Yup, that 3mm notification bar sure does eat up screen space. I just don't know how any android fanboy can get any work done with a screen virtually obliterated by their notification bar.
    Why do you feel the need to reply with such attitude and condescension?

It's actually more like 20mm for both the notification bar and the action bar. If you don't mind them, or actually prefer them, there is nothing wrong with that. Personally I don't like them taking up so much unnecessary space. I just happen to prefer the way it is done on the Z10. Why does that seem to be an issue for you? It is simply personal preference.
    grover5 likes this.
    02-19-13 12:06 AM
    Uh, no. fitocracy shows up fine on my HTC One V (an entry-level android) so I'm pretty sure it does on N4 as well.

I get a kick out these guys who claim their anroids (or iphones) don't do this or don't do that. Another guy above, D Mac, claimed he didn't like android and iphones (apparently he had both) because because the multiple inboxes on email were cumbersome. Uh, no again. All my emails show up in one place, or in separate accounts, whatever I like. Maybe the reason you don't like them, D Mac, is because you never learned how to use them.
    Again why the attitude?

Fitocracy does not work on my Nexus 4. It does not work on my Nexus 7. It does not work on my Nexus 10. If I go to www.fitocracy.com and attept to log in it absolutely will not allow you to log in because the login box is a popup that is not properly supported.

I just tried it on my HTC One V (Yes I have a Lot of phones) and you also can't login there either.

If you switch to the mobile site then you can login but you cannot on the full site. Like I said that was just an example but on the Z10 you are not forced to use the mobile site like on the One V, Nexus 4, etc.

No the reason I prefer my Z10 is not because I didn't figure out how to use it (I am an expert with most mobile OSes). It is simply because of my personal preference. Why does my personal preference appear to bother you. Not everyone prefers the same thing.
    ladeberry and grover5 like this.
    02-19-13 12:14 AM
    D Mac said multiple email accounts were cumbersome. brianatbb says "no u are a noob"
    Lol

The problem is, like you said D Mac, it's all personal preference. I think I remember ur username from my 9780 days and u did know what u were doing. So for u "something" abt multiple email addresses was cumbersome on iOS. The "something" part wasn't explained so that part is what is vague. What was cumbersome to u abt iOS and multiple email accts? Constructive feedback explaining how and why would work better IMO. And then ppl can't just reply with "omgwtfbbq u noob" type responses haha (well they could I guess still...but would be seen as the village *****)
    02-19-13 01:13 AM
    D Mac said multiple email accounts were cumbersome. brianatbb says "no u are a noob"
    Lol

The problem is, like you said D Mac, it's all personal preference. I think I remember ur username from my 9780 days and u did know what u were doing. So for u "something" abt multiple email addresses was cumbersome on iOS. The "something" part wasn't explained so that part is what is vague. What was cumbersome to u abt iOS and multiple email accts? Constructive feedback explaining how and why would work better IMO. And then ppl can't just reply with "omgwtfbbq u noob" type responses haha (well they could I guess still...but would be seen as the village *****)
    Well I'm not saying either is better or worse, so explaining why my personal preference is my personal preference won't necessarily convince anyone else. But I just really like having one inbox for everything. I'm not just talking about email but having Everything in one place is super efficient for the way I use my phone. Going in and out of Email, Text messages, Facebook, BBM (or whatsapp on other devices), etc is cumbersome and a time waster.
    02-19-13 01:28 AM
    Well I'm not saying either is better or worse, so explaining why my personal preference is my personal preference won't necessarily convince anyone else. But I just really like having one inbox for everything. I'm not just talking about email but having Everything in one place is super efficient for the way I use my phone. Going in and out of Email, Text messages, Facebook, BBM (or whatsapp on other devices), etc is cumbersome and a time waster.
    That makes a lot more sense
    I was wondering what exactly was cumbersome abt having multiple email accts on iOS (I have 3 myself setup) and they all go to the same unified inbox under mail so that part would be the same but the rest (texts, whatsapp, facebook, etc) obviously all go to their respective apps.

It is your personal preference but it would help explain what ur getting at and it did. I actually had my 9780 setup to not have texts bbm email calls all show up in the "messages" box...cuz I found it too "messy" and my personal preference was to keep them all separate.
    02-19-13 01:47 AM
    Why do I admire that everything this lady said so far makes so much sense? :-)) Seriously.
    Boys, be as intelligent as she is!
    Oh baby, thank you!!!!
    revtech likes this.
    02-19-13 03:09 AM
266 ... 56789 ...