True. I'm absolutely floored that Microsoft didn't include a decent PDF application when they tout productivity with office. I'm deciding whether to get a Z10, Q10 or S4 for a new phone(HTC One looks great but hesitant about HTC as they never update their phones :/). I'm a technology buff too. Too many cool devices ^_^
    Q10 was out for me because I had a Motorola Pro Plus when it was available. The 3.1" touchscreen + keyboard combination just didn't work for me. I had an HTC Flyer tablet at one point and that kind of turned me off of HTC. I liked their ideas, but not the execution. That said, though, I've never owned an HTC phone. I'm definitely interested to see what the S4 brings, but it's mostly because I want to see if Samsung surprises us and releases it with Key Lime Pie. Tech is fun
    02-20-13 09:30 PM
    I've had a HTC device and it was my first smartphone. I still have it, it still works, and I still like it, but from what I've seen if their more recent developments I would be much much more wary.

Posted via CB10
    02-20-13 09:33 PM
    to me it seems as the OS(vanilla, not customized) is the GS3 interface just stretched to be on the 5.5".
    True. Everything looks huge initially and takes getting used to. My first step with any Android phone is always to install a new launcher, though, and that lets you change the grid size, add gestures, etc.

i love to be able to use my device with one hand, as the other is often occupied by coffee. or a mouse, or a keyboard. take your pick.
    Can't argue with that. I haven't been comfortable operating a phone with one hand since I got rid of my flip phone 4 years ago. All touch devices I've owned (from iPhone to Z10) have been two-hand devices. That's just how I feel comfortable when using them.
    02-20-13 09:42 PM
    True. Everything looks huge initially and takes getting used to. My first step with any Android phone is always to install a new launcher, though, and that lets you change the grid size, add gestures, etc.

Can't argue with that. I haven't been comfortable operating a phone with one hand since I got rid of my flip phone 4 years ago. All touch devices I've owned (from iPhone to Z10) have been two-hand devices. That's just how I feel comfortable when using them.
    just sent my sister a SMS, she has a N2 unopened which she intends to sell. she's currently using a galaxy ace Q. She's intrigued by it and i'm curious as to whether or not she has unboxed it. if she has i'll see if i can play with it for a bit.
    zc1 likes this.
    02-20-13 09:45 PM
    Still leaning toward the note 2, and can always come back to bb if I don't like.
    You won't go wrong with either phone. They're both very solid devices. There's no real leader in the smartphone industry, IMO. Some companies and some devices have more sales, but no one phone is the out-and-out absolute best thing out there. Just keep an open mind as you have.
    bmercer94 and HafeezAkmal like this.
    02-20-13 09:46 PM
    Android shows your words and many other words on the bar above the keypad (that is what PlayBook have). The bar above the keypad is not where you look when you type on the keypad. On Z10, your words are on the next key you plan to type. The next key is where you look. That makes big difference. If you had Z10 you would have known this by now.

Swype is the most confusing and worse key entering system to enter multi language text. That is why it is not used by most people. Don't even try to to compare it with the Z10, something you apparently haven't tried for more than few hours. "I own Z10, Lumia 920 and Note 2" just doesn't cut it when all your posts pointing toward something else.

And Android doesn't have the HUB, so Android fans (and "I own all these phones" guys) have to say on a BlackBerry Z10 thread that it is nothing special about it and they don't need it.
    You do really that swift key (swipe or other) is behind BlackBerry 10 keyboard right?

Posted via CB10
    02-21-13 06:29 AM
    Android may not have Hub. But what good is that if my Android device is able to connect to our corporate exchange server, while my co-workers Z10 cannot.
    02-21-13 08:15 AM
    Why would he not be able to connect to the exchange server? Sounds like someone does not know how to set it up
    Both my Z10 and my note 2 connect just fine to my corporate exchange server.

As for which phone to get I would get both I have both and would not give up either because when i need to get things done i find myself picking up the BB but on the weekend i rock the note 2. I noticed the past few status I have not touched the note 2 at all until just now and it is nice but the Z10 is growing on me and soon will be my only phone.

Sent from my SGH-I317M using Tapatalk 2
    R Field likes this.
    02-21-13 11:43 AM
    I thought I was going to wait til I walked into Sam's Club today. I picked up a Samsung Galaxy Note 2 for Verizon for $98.88 on a new 2 yr. contract. I had my 9650 for 3 years.It was good to me but this was too sweet to pass up when you compare this to the Z10. I'll ride with this for 2 years and check back in with BB when my contract is up. I got tired of hearing or reading coming soon. It just gets old and stale every time you read or hear it. BB screwed the US release up big time.
    Snap51 likes this.
    02-21-13 11:53 AM
    I am not sure if they really screwed up the USA release or not because they will have worked out some more bugs and release an update which will help them in the USA. This is just my two cents though

02-21-13 12:05 PM
    I am not sure if they really screwed up the USA release or not because they will have worked out some more bugs and release an update which will help them in the USA. This is just my two cents though

No device is perfect. Its going to have some bugs. Whether its carrier related or just BB. This thing was already in stiff competition with the Note 2, S3, Iphone 5, and any other android phone recently put out. Now the S4 is ready to drop. Do you think Verizon, AT&T, Sprint, or Tmobile is going to delay a Samsung product like they did BB?
    02-21-13 12:12 PM
    I too cannot comment on other issues but I've had my Z10 since February 4th and it is now Feb 21st. It is used constantly. I have never pulled the battery, neither has it frozen up on me, and I have forgotten what the spinning clock of my Storm ever looked like. Emails are just as immediate as before (I had a Storm 1 for four years). The browser is fantastic, quicker than my admittedly rather long in the tooth office PC, and faster than my PlayBook tablet. In short, the Z10 has performed flawlessly for me. Compared to the old BBs, it is like night and day. Some niggles remain but they will be addressed in future os updates I am sure.
    02-21-13 01:25 PM
    A bit of both. i honestly AM curious as to how one uses swype on a 5.5" screen.

Unfortunately past experience with samsung has led me far far away from them. while i can see the purpose of a large screen for media viewing i wouldn't dream of it as an everyday phone. i did see that you have the 920, N2, and Z10 and use them all. But personally i would not trade my Z10 for a N2, even if it were made by a different manufacturer for convenience sake.

I see you edited while i was posting, and S-Pen. alright, now i get it.
    Actually Swype comes built into the GN2 you can choose in Settings - Language and Input - and there is the Samsung Keyboard (with SwiftKey predictive machine) or Swype if you prefer.

As for me I prefer the new SwiftKey 4 - beta tested as SwiftKey Flow. I have never been much for the "flow" type keyboards but this one really works. I still have to be thinking about it to use it but that's just because I am used to traditional typing. When I think about using it and give it a try it works pretty well.

Now here's the really fun part. Flow works on tablets too now! Even 10.1 GNote. Why? Because folks in their forums asked for it and these Devs are tremendous. The best. They said that they didn't think folks would want it on a tablet and when the forums said they did - they added it. Along with a way to turn it off if you don't want it.

When you think of it, SwiftKey are responsible (IMHO) for the best keyboard on Android, and at least have a hand in the best touch keyboard BB ever made. That is saying an awful lot about them no?
    02-21-13 08:18 PM
    You are mistaken. I own all three phones and use all three. You have no reason to think otherwise, other than the fact that I disagree with you and you consider yourself correct.
    I'm purely curious as to how you juggle not 1 or 2, but 3 flagship smartphones in your daily life? You often work 24hr shifts, and is that right? Do you spend much time swapping sims and syncing contacts, media, comms and apps?

It must be very challenging, is all I'm saying.
    02-21-13 10:03 PM
    True. I'm absolutely floored that Microsoft didn't include a decent PDF application when they tout productivity with office.
    Don't be. Microsoft's "support" for pdf has always been begrudging at best. *sigh*
    02-21-13 10:16 PM
    Like I stated earlier., I have a few months before I have to upgrade...so I willl follow the z10, sg4., and the note 3 closley.
    This made me smile. You talk about upgrading in a few months time but compare two rumoured devices with one that has been released.

What about the z11?

#justsaying, :P
    02-21-13 10:23 PM
    This made me smile. You talk about upgrading in a few months time but compare two rumoured devices with one that has been released.

What about the z11?

#justsaying, :P
    You realize that in a few months when the upgrade is ready the S4 will be released right? And the Note 3 won't be far behind it. Have we even heard of rumours of a Z11? No? Ok then..

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    02-21-13 10:38 PM
    You realize that in a few months when the upgrade is ready the S4 will be released right? And the Note 3 won't be far behind it.
    Of course I realize these phones are in the pipelines, but they are still just rumoured phones.

Do you really know release dates for either of them though? Or are you just guessing on rumours? Just asking.

Have we even heard of rumours of a Z11? No? Ok then..
    Not a Z11 (I was being funny), but we've _definitely_ heard rumours of the next BB10 flagship. Aristo, anyone?

So, then, I guess the OP will be following developments and announcements of the Aristo, Note 3, and Galaxy S4.... :P
    02-22-13 03:20 AM
    Follow up from my previous OP.

Wow...all I have to say is wow. Not starting a war of brands. But the note 2 is a performance beast. Very fast and smooth and can basically do whatever you need it to. The customization is unbelievable.

I honestly having even looked back at the bb or an apple. The android platform is so wide open, anyone can customize it the way they want, to get the most production out of it. Your not stuck in a locked stale os. I know bb10 isnt stale...yet...but you know what I mean.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2
    03-03-13 10:04 PM
    Android is open and is a resource pig. They are putting an octo processor in the next one because they need it. Enjoy that battery time.

Posted via CB10
    03-03-13 10:19 PM
    Android is open and is a resource pig. They are putting an octo processor in the next one because they need it. Enjoy that battery time.

Posted via CB10
    The battery rime on the Note 2 is amazing best I have ever seen. Although since the update in the Z10 it is pretty close the the Note 2 now also.

Posted via CB10
    J2DABIZO likes this.
    03-03-13 10:32 PM
    Z10 great
    Note 2 great

Theese treads turn into wars very easily, best thing to do is research on appropriate forums for each device. Why is there arguments here? Simple u asked a question that the only correct answer to is whatever works for you.

I prefer my Z10 because its smaller i can type a lot easier in it on the go, emails are all there and im a blackberry fan and BBM rocks!!

I use my Note 2 less and less mainly for its size and I have no need for it. I dont want a tablet I have an iMac in my office wich looks better and works better then any phone out there. and no i dont own an iPhone cuz they suck. lol

These thread are useless, find the info your looking for and decide what you expect from your phone, every phone has its own things.
    HafeezAkmal likes this.
    03-03-13 11:07 PM
    Android may not have Hub. But what good is that if my Android device is able to connect to our corporate exchange server, while my co-workers Z10 cannot.
    Z10 can connect to Exchange Server. I used basic setup and it was easy.

BesAdmin Z10 User
    03-03-13 11:55 PM
    I have a Note.. loved it. Always reverted to my BBRY (9900 at the time) for immediate/business related items... the note took care of the multimedia stuff. Now having my Z10, get the best of both worlds. Couldn't be happier with my Zed10
    03-04-13 12:08 AM
    sadly, i'm a huge BB fan but after trying the Note 2 and the z10... IMO the note 2 just dust the z10 away,, that's just my 2 cents though..
    03-31-13 02:11 AM
108 ... 2345