Hey Guys!!

I am back on Crackberry after going to android and my 9900 went belly up. I just picked up a z10 on Tmobile today . I love it so far. The only thing is it has reset itself twice today since opening it (at 4 pm). I researched it and saw that there were plenty of people with this issue. was this ever found out to be an app/software issue, or do i need new hardware?

Thanks!!
    -trev
    KoukiFC3S likes this.
    04-08-13 08:07 PM
    That is rare from what I've seen. Exchange it.

Posted via CB10
    04-08-13 08:15 PM
    A small subset of users have been experiencing this. There is a troubleshooting thread here where users are trying to get the the bottom of it. Welcome to the Z10 though You can exchange it if you wish, or you can jump on in and help solve it!
    04-08-13 08:17 PM
    I agree, if you can return the device and get another, do it. This thing is awesome when it works properly!
    04-08-13 08:19 PM
    Welcome aboard!!!! I've had mine for three weeks, and not one reset..........

I would seriously consider taken the advice of others, and return it!

Good Luck & Enjoy Your New Z10
    04-08-13 08:23 PM
    I made the title more descriptive. Make sure you are on the latest software.
    04-08-13 08:32 PM
    Thanks. I noticed that, lol.

I just updated to the 10.0.10.85 release on Tmobile as soon as I opened it. Tmobile should just do a simple exchange with it, correct? I can't wait to not have it reset and just work. I love the hub, and the multitasking is amazing. oh and the keyboard.

-trev
    04-08-13 08:36 PM
    I've never experienced reboots on my Z10. Looking at some pther threads some people are zeroing in of possible sim card problems. You might want to search the other threads.

Posted via CB10
    04-08-13 08:49 PM
    I actually have a new non provisioned Tmobile Sim card; I can try the Sim card theory if it'll help. But I also deleted teh USA today app, which I heard could also have the problem. would it help "the cause" to put in the new sim?

-trev
    04-08-13 08:58 PM
    I replaced my SD card with a class 10 and all the rest. Still rebooted itself.

BlackBerry told me to take it and exchange it. I did that three hours ago.

We shall see.

Tim

Posted with a BlackBerry Z10
    04-08-13 08:58 PM
    Mine has been restarting roughly once a day too. I'm hesitant to return the phone as this has only recently started happening, it's most likely software related.

Is there any way to turn on debug logging on this phone? I used to do log analysis on the old devices and currently do analysis on enterprise level software for a living. This would be the easiest way to get to the bottom of this.

Posted via CB10
    04-08-13 09:22 PM
    Read few times here in BB forum in Indonesia, The battery was not in correct position, little shock on your device will reboot it. please check your battery..
    04-08-13 10:02 PM
    Hey Guys!!
    Hey!! Well if you just got it, I'd certainly trade it in. I mucked about with one for 2-3 days, including a security wipe and restore (reboots), then a complete a wipe and reload of the bare OS, followed by running it with nothing at all, no sd card, no wireless (after initial setup and patching/updates), no radios of any kind (airplane mode, basically). Used stock charger, playbook charger --no matter-- still got reboots.

I exchanged at VZW within my 14 days after talking to their support and Blackberry support, and I haven't had an issue since. No one can pinpoint why. Some run sideloaded apps like crazy, some run bare stock. many insist it is hardware, most insist it's software. I don't know. I just did a swap because I could, and in my case it seems to have paid off -- so far. Try it at least. You can go through all the ruckus I did if you want. but it wasn't a good time.

Check this thread out.
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...-issue-790724/
    Last edited by eninrebmun; 04-08-13 at 10:13 PM. Reason: added big reboot thread link
    04-08-13 10:10 PM
    Read few times here in BB forum in Indonesia, The battery was not in correct position, little shock on your device will reboot it. please check your battery..
    Maybe so. Almost all of mine, and many others were happening during charging. Sitting quietly doing nothing at all. But then I am not in Indonesia... don't you guys get a lot of earthquakes? ;-)
    04-08-13 10:15 PM
    That is rare from what I've seen. Exchange it.

Posted via CB10
    No, it's not. There are several threads on it here.
    04-09-13 05:49 AM
    I am on Verizon and I have only reset a few times so far.

Posted via CB10
    04-09-13 05:51 AM
    I had this problem as well. I hadn't side loaded anything, hadn't installed any of the suspected problematic apps, I replaced the battery with another. I wiped the device several times, which did not help. Eventually I exchanged it for a replacement several weeks ago while keeping the same sim card and haven't had a random restart since. For me it was clearly the hardware, so I'd recommend exchanging it for another. My experience may not be the same as everyone else's, but I suspect the reported links to side loading or specific apps were coincidences. The loose battery fittings theory makes a lot of sense given that the device automatically turns on when a battery is installed, but I don't know for sure. Looking forward to hearing what BlackBerry discovers in their investigation.

I'm very glad I still stuck with blackberry though, it is an awesome device when it's working properly.

Posted via CB10
    04-09-13 06:15 AM
    I am on Verizon and I have only reset a few times so far.

Posted via CB10
    A few is still too many.
    04-09-13 06:35 AM
    same happened with my first Z10. exchanged it after 3 or 4 days and had not had a reset issue again...oddly enough until I read this post. it restarted as I was reading. so perhaps it's happening again and I was unaware of it. this one can be exchanged as well. and I'm on AT&T
    04-09-13 06:50 AM
    Hey Guys!!

I am back on Crackberry after going to android and my 9900 went belly up. I just picked up a z10 on Tmobile today . I love it so far. The only thing is it has reset itself twice today since opening it (at 4 pm). I researched it and saw that there were plenty of people with this issue. was this ever found out to be an app/software issue, or do i need new hardware?

Thanks!!
    -trev
    I would suggest first posting the full version number of OS 10. You can get the number from settings. Secondly try a new LTE sim card from your carrier. I've had phone issues on all sorts of hardware with reboot issues when the card was bad.

My suggestions.....

Posted Via CB10 on my Zed10
    04-09-13 06:57 AM
    Please join the other ongoing threads on this issue. Lots of good info.

Tim

Posted with a BlackBerry Z10
    04-09-13 07:17 AM
    Its on 10.0.10.85 it reset itself twice last night on the charger. I think I will try to exchange it.

Trev

Posted via CB10
    04-09-13 08:43 AM
    Its on 10.0.10.85 it reset itself twice last night on the charger. I think I will try to exchange it.

Trev

Posted via CB10
    I would try a new SIM card especially if you moved it from another phone. Don't know details of your carrier, but if they are like my Rogers, I had to get a new micro LTE SIM card with support for NFC.

I've had issues with defective SIM cards as well - they just don't last 10 years, but I blame BlackBerry for that! * Tongue firmly in cheek * ;-)

Posted Via CB10 on my Zed10
    Last edited by John Pawling; 04-09-13 at 10:06 AM.
    04-09-13 08:50 AM
    This happened to me just once in a month period while I was listening to music through AUX connection on my car, probably some software thing.
    04-09-13 09:29 AM
    Got it exchanged. I'll put all the same apps on it and see what happens.

Posted via CB10
    04-09-13 12:26 PM
27 12