Hey Guys! I've been lurking this forum for awhile... I've been a BB user in the past, had a 8330, 9700, 9800 and I also have a PlayBook. I had recently switched to an iPhone 4 in December 2012 because I was having issues with my 9800... I finally pulled the trigger on a new Z10 yesterday and I wish I wouldn't have waited this long... I should have bought one on Feb 5th but I am with Bell and I was waiting for them to sort out there BB data plan stuff.

I have had a few issues regarding the transfer of data from my iPhone to the Z10. I ended up syncing my contacts/calendar/memos to Outlook from my iPhone then syncing them to my old 9700 and then transferring to the Z10. I was actually quite shocked to see that you couldn't transfer stuff directly from Outlook to the Z10 with Link. I read afterwards that it is coming but BB needs to get this done ASAP.

Here is what is giving me trouble now... maybe it is user error or that i'm not used to it yet.

- When I create a new meeting invite or compose a new email, the contact list pulls all my contacts from Facebook and Twitter and my native contacts. Is there a way for it to only pull contacts from my native contacts list? I have it setup in my Contacts app that only my contacts that I synced from Outlook show up when looking in the Contacts app.

- Is there an easy way to copy playlists from iTunes to the Z10? My playlists do not show up in BlackBerry Link...

- In Twitter, when you create a new tweet and put the @ to mention someone, is there a way to stop the contacts list of all the people you follow/follow me from showing up? The iOS app and the old BB6 twitter app from my 9800 did not do this and I find it a little annoying.

Other than that, this phone is great! I really love how fast and fluid the OS is.

Thanks for the help!!
    03-03-13 11:35 AM
    Anybody??????????
    03-04-13 06:54 AM
    - With the contacts, if you swipe down from the upper screen, you will get a settings menu, where you can choose which types of contacts you would like to see, so you can unselect your twitter/facebook accounts. Currently there isn't a way to stop BB from pulling in those contacts.

- You can copy playlists using Link, it can sync your iTunes library + playlists, but it does take a while.

- Twitter app isn't the best, no way to fix the issue yet, hopefully something comes along soon!
    03-04-13 07:19 AM
    I've already unselected which types of contacts show up within my Contacts app and they only display my synced contacts within that app. The issue is my Facebook/Twitter contacts show up when I create a new email/text/meeting invite... This is what is annoying.
    03-04-13 07:43 AM
    Try going to Settings-Accounts and go into the specific account and disable the find friend/connection option.

I don't use Facebook but I got LinkedIn to stop syncing my connections doing that.

Posted via CB10 on the Z10
    03-04-13 08:15 AM
    arghh having the same issue, Just bought the new z10. two of 'em.
    absolutely thinking of returning them if I cannot disable the fact that facebook contacts speww into any email attempts.

absolutely a deal breaker.

i have tried to disable every switch related to it and those recommended previously in this thread.

doesnt work.

anyone know how blackberry can come to know of this pain in the *** so i can get a sense as to when this would become possible?
    how do you get those guys to respond anyway?

help, dont wannt turn it in (yet) though somewhat annoyed by a few features, .........but this facebook thing has to go!
    03-09-13 04:01 PM