If at home, I have a bluethooth enabled ParrotBay speakers to play music loud enough for a party. If in car, I have either bluethoth or tape/cable connection to my car speakers to play as loud as I want. If anywhere else, place phone near a wall or chamber to amplify 1.5 louder (it's very good if you don't have background sound). I had the HTC One with its stronger speakers and in practice they didn't add much value to me (having so many ways of playing music louder). And the metal chamber (yeah that looks cool) but the weight becomes a pain, and I'll trade off the lightness of the Z10 with it's plastic over real metal any day. The big deal with BB is going to be how effective will the ported apps be and how easily you can integrate any app that's available on the phone. The Spotify app I'm using (pretty much all time time now in the car), works but it's slightly off with the horizontal and vertical warping. These apps need to work 100% like they are supposed to. Overall experience is 9/10. Just lacking here and there.
    That must be quite a good setup
    You're right on the integration. But here you really see that you don't need the newest hardware. For the OS to run smoothly. And having an operating system that works better. In terms of the functionality and features is something I prefer instead of getting the always newest hardware.

Posted via CB10
    12-16-13 12:40 AM
    I'm planning on getting a upgraded battery. But I read through quite the horror stories here That the device would just stop working because of the charger in connection to the battery. Is the best thing to charge the better capacity battery with the original charger?

Posted via CB10
    12-16-13 12:47 AM
    Looks like a good overall case.
    They don't seem to offer international shipping tho..:/

Posted via CB10
    12-16-13 12:52 AM
    Thank you very much. Definitely be looking out for the mini speaker. I recently looked at the bose mini sound link. Even though I really don't prefer Bose. It sounded pretty good.

I actually put in headphones. But the option didn't come up in the main volume setting. So I guess somethings up. Can you force the setting to show up somehow?

Posted via CB10
    What version are you running? In version 10.2.0.429 which I'm running, audio boost can be toggled on/off for the headphones. It's the fourth setting down, right after notifications. Not sure what it might be in the version you are running.

Posted via CB10
    12-16-13 01:57 AM
    What version are you running? In version 10.2.0.429 which I'm running, audio boost can be toggled on/off for the headphones. It's the fourth setting down, right after notifications. Not sure what it might be in the version you are running.

Posted via CB10
    I'm actually running. 10.2.0.424. The software version. But the OS version is 10.2.0. 1791.
    And I don't seem to have that option yet.

Posted via CB10
    12-16-13 11:10 AM
    As for VOLUME, I'm not sure if this is a 10.2.1.1055 feature
    Seems to be 10.2.1+ only. Checked it out on 10.2.0+ with no luck. Nice find though. Something to look forward to.
    12-16-13 11:52 AM
    I'm actually running. 10.2.0.424. The software version. But the OS version is 10.2.0. 1791.
    And I don't seem to have that option yet.

Posted via CB10
    I'm running 429/1803. It was a small upgrade but has at least this one nice feature. Where are you? If you are American, again the carriers aren't as efficient as other carriers at releasing updates. At least I'm putting it down to efficiency. Others have different explanations ranging from homeland security requirements to conspiracy theories and all points in between. I'd look around the forums for the official 429/1803. You'll be all set with that one.

Posted via CB10
    12-16-13 03:22 PM
    I'm running 429/1803. It was a small upgrade but has at least this one nice feature. Where are you? If you are American, again the carriers aren't as efficient as other carriers at releasing updates. At least I'm putting it down to efficiency. Others have different explanations ranging from homeland security requirements to conspiracy theories and all points in between. I'd look around the forums for the official 429/1803. You'll be all set with that one.

Posted via CB10
    Right. I'm quite used to carriers being slow...Haha well you never really know. I'm European and yes it seems like it's going to on that version once I'm able to get it.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by alix901; 12-17-13 at 12:19 AM.
    12-16-13 04:26 PM
    I'm planning on getting a upgraded battery. But I read through quite the horror stories here That the device would just stop working because of the charger in connection to the battery. Is the best thing to charge the better capacity battery with the original charger?

Posted via CB10
    I wouldn't mess around with any non OEM batteries....

Posted via CB10
    12-18-13 06:58 PM
    I wouldn't mess around with any non OEM batteries....

Posted via CB10
    Right that's what I'm thinking. But isn't there any official high capacity OEM battery?

Posted via CB10
    12-26-13 04:09 PM
    Right that's what I'm thinking. But isn't there any official high capacity OEM battery?

Posted via CB10
    I would check the Crackberry store and the BlackBerry accessories store at blackberry.com. I have not heard of any, but I haven't looked in a long time. I did read through a forum here where someone said they found a higher capacity battery, but if I'm not mistaken, it ended up being the same capacity with a label claiming it to be higher capacity. I know BlackBerry officially recommends using only their batteries and chargers. That's what I've always used, except in cases of "emergencies", and have not had any battery or charging issues. I have also used the rapid charger that comes with the PlayBook, but can be ordered separately, with no ill effect. BlackBerry themselves say it's perfectly fine to use on BlackBerry devices other than PlayBook.

Posted via CB10
    12-26-13 04:36 PM
    I would check the Crackberry store and the BlackBerry accessories store at blackberry.com. I have not heard of any, but I haven't looked in a long time. I did read through a forum here where someone said they found a higher capacity battery, but if I'm not mistaken, it ended up being the same capacity with a label claiming it to be higher capacity. I know BlackBerry officially recommends using only their batteries and chargers. That's what I've always used, except in cases of "emergencies", and have not had any battery or charging issues. I have also used the rapid charger that comes with the PlayBook, but can be ordered separately, with no ill effect. BlackBerry themselves say it's perfectly fine to use on BlackBerry devices other than PlayBook.

Posted via CB10
    Thanks a lot for the information. I have looked for some time. And it seems that it's going to be one that have quite a high capacity. Since it seems to be fakes available. As long as it's okay to use the charger provided by BlackBerry themselves.

Posted via CB10
    12-30-13 09:40 AM
    Hi,

noticed you were talking about the volume. Whats the in call volume like during calls? I have a 9900 at the moment, and it is really nice and loud and clear for me with my hearing aids. Tried a few different BBs before this, where the sound wasn't as good, so wondered how the new ones compared.

Hope someone can help x
    12-30-13 10:56 AM
    My wife wears hearing aids, she loved the blue tooth feature on her 9900. Got her a z10 a month or so ago and she is very happy! There is a hearing aid setting on the Z10 for t coil use but she uses blue tooth to her aids, which are Phonak. Way better apps and such on the Z10 than the 9900. As for typing, she is a one finger typist on the touch screen but it works for her.

Posted via CB10
    GlamGemini likes this.
    12-30-13 12:17 PM
    Thank you so much! Really appreciate it.

My hearing aids are Phonak too, I think. How does she use bluetooth on it for hearing calls and stuff? I'm sure I've asked at the Audiology place I go to but I don't think they had any clue lol.

I have a 9990 at the moment, and it is great, with hearing aids in or out, spot on. I've actually won a z10 in a competition and worried about the volume on it so this reassures me and I'm just gonna give it a try when it gets here!
    12-30-13 02:15 PM
40 12