Will the stl100-3 unlocked at&t model get the update or not ?

Posted via CB10
    04-10-15 08:39 PM
    Yes. Either when the carrier releases it, or try taking your sim out and try that way
    04-10-15 08:45 PM
    Factory unlocked? Or an AT&T branded Z10 that was unlocked after the fact?

If factory unlocked, it may just take a while for the BlackBerry system to cycle around and pick you up. That also depends on what OS you are on now, and which update you mean. There are several different builds out there right now, and one just leaked out today.

If branded and unlocked after the fact, your branding still takes precedence and you'll be stuck on what AT&T allows - which is still 10.2.1 as of this post. You have to use other ways to update your phone that does not rely on OTA updates from AT&T.

Posted via CB10
    04-10-15 08:52 PM
    Yes. Either when the carrier releases it, or try taking your sim out and try that way
    Thanks I'm using a T mobile sims right now

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    04-10-15 10:00 PM
    I'm using T mobile sims right now

04-10-15 10:00 PM
    I'm using T mobile sims right now

Have you checked with your carrier, or tried what i said.
    04-10-15 10:01 PM
    Yes I tried taking my sim out no update cane threw still I'll just wait for OTA. I don't know how to use the side auto loading either so I'll just chill with the 10.2 update I have lol.

Posted via CB10
    04-11-15 05:24 AM
    Yes I tried taking my sim out no update cane threw still I'll just wait for OTA. I don't know how to use the side auto loading either so I'll just chill with the 10.2 update I have lol.

Posted via CB10
    http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-le...er-927076-new/
    04-11-15 09:21 AM
    If you have an unlocked, branded at&t phone, running on T-mo or not, you are most likely going to get the at&t release. If it's an unbranded, as from Shop BBerry, you most likely would have already gotten an update, as I have. It seems updates are released by IMEI in North America. So, if you are on t-mo and running wifi-calling, be careful what you upgrade to as the at&t upgrade will probably kill wifi-calling. In the past, users with unlocked Rogers phones on T-mo, got Roger's upgrades (SIM in or out BTW) and wifi-calling got zapped.
    04-11-15 09:43 AM
    I wouldn't be in a hurry to update unless you don't like the phone app,which now sucks. The camera, which now suck,the music player, which now sucks. I've read that people who play games, now really can't, which sucks for them. A lot of this stuff looks and feels android only not quite as good. I'll be going back to 10.2

Posted via CB10
    04-11-15 10:00 AM
    I wouldn't be in a hurry to update unless you don't like the phone app,which now sucks. The camera, which now suck,the music player, which now sucks. I've read that people who play games, now really can't, which sucks for them. A lot of this stuff looks and feels android only not quite as good. I'll be going back to 10.2

Posted via CB10
    I'm actually happy they changed the camera app to make you hit a specific button to take pictures. I don't know how many photos I've taken of my feet because my finger happened to touch the edge of the screen while on a job site taking pictures and holding the phone to my side while walking from place to place between shots.

There have been far fewer errant shots of my feet, legs, or just the ground since loading 10.3.1.

Posted via CB10
    04-11-15 12:05 PM
    Okay thanks that makes since

Posted via CB10
    04-11-15 12:20 PM

Posted via CB10
    I appreciate most of the changes. A few I could have done without. But that's the way it will always be until I release MY OWN BB OS!
    04-11-15 01:53 PM

Posted via CB10
    Everyone has their own expectations and experience and provides their opinion based on that. Myself included. On this basis, 10.3.1 is an absolute delight. The Android runtime is much improved. Sound quality from the headphones and Bluetooth is wonderful and my Z10, Z30 and Q10 are now on par with the Passport. Camera now focuses faster. Absolutely no issues with the phone app. Love the new icon size, the quick action on the Hub. The list goes on. Of the three phones, all now on 2708, the only glitches I had were the very infrequent double typing on the Q10 and the Android notification issue on the Z10. On balance, 10.3.1 is a great improvement over 10.2.1.

Posted via CB10
    iBwizzle likes this.
    04-11-15 08:29 PM
    Which type of update is recommended: destructive or nondestructive update for q10 running 10.2.1.
    I am thinking to get 2726 update
    Posted via CB10
    04-11-15 09:13 PM
    Which type of update is recommended: destructive or nondestructive update for q10 running 10.2.1.
    I am thinking to get 2726 update
    Posted via CB10
    It's a huge jump in OS, so I would do it via auto loader , but back up your stuff first with third party apps like back up pro and contactx, and set your phone up like new.
    ndhanta likes this.
    04-11-15 10:29 PM
    It's a huge jump in OS, so I would do it via auto loader , but back up your stuff first with third party apps like back up pro and contactx, and set your phone up like new.
    I agree. While certainly not without a few of its own issues, it seemed that the loudest complaints came from those who got the update OTA over 10.2.1.

When I updated from 10.2.1, I used an autoloader and started from scratch. No big issues since.

Posted via CB10
    anon(9208252) and ndhanta like this.
    04-12-15 01:48 PM