So I heard from a friend that knows a developer at Blackberry that a new update is going to be coming soon that has more
    Battery tweaks so the battery life so vastly improved. He said that these new fixes were going to improve the battery life way more
    than the fixes in the last update.
    I guess the source was pruing his contact for info and mentioned the that he wanted to buy another battery for a spare and the
    dev to him to hold off.

Comes from a reliable source
    03-22-13 02:48 PM
    When?

Posted via CB10
    03-22-13 02:49 PM
    Great news if true!
    03-22-13 02:49 PM
    Not sure when, he just said soon
    03-22-13 02:52 PM
    But why? I keep reading on here about people getting 72 hours off of a charge with heavy use. What needs improving?
    Mic_JP likes this.
    03-22-13 02:56 PM
    But why? I keep reading on here about people getting 72 hours off of a charge with heavy use. What needs improving?
    Strange question, that.
    Because I would not mind having my phone last a day longer than it normally (= 24hrs straight with moderate to heavy usage) does? Because when it comes to battery life, more is better? I don't mind if they improve what is already phenomenal.

Posted via CB10
    03-22-13 03:02 PM
    72 hours with heavy use??? No way! I once managed 72 hours with little to no use. Daily use (5 - 10 mails, 1hour Internet ( no videos, no flash), 15 minutes angry birds) drains my battery in about 16 hours. I am writing this on my iPad as my Z10 battery is down...
    03-22-13 03:04 PM
    72 hours with heavy use??? No way! I once managed 72 hours with little to no use. Daily use (5 - 10 mails, 1hour Internet ( no videos, no flash), 15 minutes angry birds) drains my battery in about 16 hours. I am writing this on my iPad as my Z10 battery is down...
    I have seriously read that on this site. I have seen multiple people claim over 48 hours. lol. Simple battery math will tell one it's impossible. The Z10 does so fairly well though. I could see 16 hours with moderate usage about par.
    03-22-13 03:11 PM
    From what I know, 10.1 should be the next update, coming sometime shortly after Q10 launch.

It is possible for something smaller in between though.
    03-22-13 03:11 PM
    I get about 12 hours as a very heavy user.. I'm OK with that, but I'm certainly not going to complain if it gets better!
    Knightcrawler and ErinnM like this.
    03-22-13 03:13 PM
    72 hours I can't believe sorry 16 hours if I had 16 hours I would be well chuffed I get 12 and am quite happy as having come from bb 9900 12 hours is an improvement
    03-22-13 03:14 PM
    If you had the screen on (low brightness) and used it lightly for only about 5 minutes out of every hour, you should be able to stretch it out to about 72h on one charge.

Those claiming these lengthy times basically have the screen off most of the time, and likely don't have any heavy network activity going on. They probably make/receive very few phone calls too.
    Rawkywilde likes this.
    03-22-13 03:19 PM
    Hope this is true..any updates would be exciting!
    03-22-13 03:42 PM
    I get about 12 hours out of mine on average.
    Heavy usage today with near constant email and texting meant the battery was dead in 4 hours.
    If you're getting 72 hours out of the phone you must not be touching it!
    03-22-13 03:44 PM
    Maybe 72 hours if you have the network set to 2G with very limited usage.
    03-22-13 03:46 PM
    A bit of an exaggeration, no?

I am one of those people who claim to get good battery life - just yesterday I was called a liar for posting my battery life useage for the day from 8am to 5pm. I've never ever been part of a community that was so ridiculous in calling somebody a liar with little reason and less proof.

If they are doing more battery tweaks, that's great. Awesome actually as it will simply help the Z10 compete further.

To you guys getting 6-8 hours of battery life, I'm sorry you suffer from that. I firmly believe it's in the email settings.

I have one email account, it checks for messages every 15 minutes. I don't need emails pushed to me every second but with that said I only changed that setting two weeks ago... I didn't have bad battery life before that.

NFC is off, LTE is off, screen brightness is 30%, I took three 10 minute calls today, send some BBM's and some texts (maybe 40 of each) and that's it... the phone idled most of the day. I took it off charge at 8am and right now it's 4:46 pm and I have 81% battery left.

Call me a liar if you want - whatever.

But it's nice to see that BB is taking everybody's complaints seriously and working quickly to resolve them.

-Chris-
    PN009 likes this.
    03-22-13 03:47 PM
    Some have claim to have. 99 update yesterday. The change log says battery improvement

Posted from my Z10 using CB10
    03-22-13 03:47 PM

I am one of those people who claim to get good battery life - just yesterday I was called a liar for posting my battery life useage for the day from 8am to 5pm. I've never ever been part of a community that was so ridiculous in calling somebody a liar with little reason and less proof.

If they are doing more battery tweaks, that's great. Awesome actually as it will simply help the Z10 compete further.

To you guys getting 6-8 hours of battery life, I'm sorry you suffer from that. I firmly believe it's in the email settings.

I have one email account, it checks for messages every 15 minutes. I don't need emails pushed to me every second but with that said I only changed that setting two weeks ago... I didn't have bad battery life before that.

NFC is off, LTE is off, screen brightness is 30%, I took three 10 minute calls today, send some BBM's and some texts (maybe 40 of each) and that's it... the phone idled most of the day. I took it off charge at 8am and right now it's 4:46 pm and I have 81% battery left.

But it's nice to see that BB is taking everybody's complaints seriously and working quickly to resolve them.

-Chris-
    I get about the same thing. My phone is off the charger at 7am and my battery lasts till about 7 or sometimes 8 depending on use. But I'm a pretty heavy user. I have 6 email accounts, linkedin, facebook, twitter, whatsapp, gtalk and battery life is good.

I also have bluetooth and LTE on all the time.
    irweezyy likes this.
    03-22-13 03:53 PM
    Not sure when, he just said soon
    I hope you're right. I haven't had much luck with the previous update. Maybe the next one works its wonder.

Posted via CB10
    03-22-13 03:55 PM
    72 hours!?It's just not possible, I'm a heavy user, I would say i'm in the top bracket of heavy user, and I was getting 6 or 7 hours out of the battery, then the update came and the battery improved to I would say 12+ hours, pretty much doubled it, and now since Whatsappp ut went down again, noticing around 8 or 9 hours now.

Posted via CB10
    03-22-13 03:59 PM

-Chris-
    Chris,

How about my arm,leg and A white Z10 for your Z10

Posted via CB10
    03-22-13 04:01 PM
    I get about the same thing. My phone is off the charger at 7am and my battery lasts till about 7 or sometimes 8 depending on use. But I'm a pretty heavy user. I have 6 email accounts, linkedin, facebook, twitter, whatsapp, gtalk and battery life is good.

I also have bluetooth and LTE on all the time.
    You guys are making me jealous...

Posted via CB10
    03-22-13 04:06 PM
    Yeah will probably happen in the 10.1 update

CB10- BlackBerry Z10
    ibpluto likes this.
    03-22-13 04:14 PM
    Also one thing not mentioned here is that your cell coverage is in play too. Some of us will have better coverage so the phone won't work as hard and saves battery that way as well. I can't complain about my battery life it works for more than a day for me i go a day and half between charges. The biggest change I did was I read on BlackBerry blogs do not turn off nfc wifi etc that the OS was streamlined that turning it off can actually cause less battery time. This was very very new to me but I was like hey ill try it so I never turn my wifi off anymore and since I did that be it in wifi range or not my battery life has improved. It's very weird but it works haha also I'd like to point out I don't ever use blue tooth or nfc so I have those permanently off even though the blogspot suggest to keep those on as well, buy since I have no use for them personally I don't bother with those just the wifi feature.

Posted via CB10
    irweezyy likes this.
    03-22-13 04:25 PM
    Also one thing not mentioned here is that your cell coverage is in play too. Some of us will have better coverage so the phone won't work as hard and saves battery that way as well. I can't complain about my battery life it works for more than a day for me i go a day and half between charges. The biggest change I did was I read on BlackBerry blogs do not turn off nfc wifi etc that the OS was streamlined that turning it off can actually cause less battery time. This was very very new to me but I was like hey ill try it so I never turn my wifi off anymore and since I did that be it in wifi range or not my battery life has improved. It's very weird but it works haha also I'd like to point out I don't ever use blue tooth or nfc so I have those permanently off even though the blogspot suggest to keep those on as well, buy since I have no use for them personally I don't bother with those just the wifi feature.

Posted via CB10
    ^^
    This!
    When im at my condo (very bad network conection) i get half of the battery life my z10 give me when im over my gf's place

Posted via CB10
    03-22-13 04:44 PM
48 12