The older OS couldn't be updated as easily across handsets. Look to Apple for an understanding of how the new OS will function in terms of upgrades. Comparing a legacy bbos with Android or IOS that came out a decade later is just plain wrong.
    Good point though yikes on Apple as an example. Try using iOS 6 on a device with an A4 procrssor like iPod touch. Shudder ...
    02-08-13 09:00 AM
    Someone hire this guy to Bgr, Business Insider or even the NYTimes!
    Come on ...
    02-08-13 09:01 AM
    To the OP : Probably one of the most unbiased posts i've seen on any tech site...kudos to you!

To BB users : I had a good long play with a Z10 yesterday. My first impression was that I needed the guy who's phone it was to explain it to me. He was a long time BB user and just upgraded to the Z10. Problem is that he didn't know how it worked outside of the basics. This is problem #1...the average phone buyer will find this interface initially very difficult. I found that it seemed to be doing things a bit differently than what exists today just to do it differently...I didn't see much advantages in reality against Jelly Bean....iOS is very dated and one could argue having to go back to the home page constantly is a pain but it's a well known OS by the general population and easy to understand, something that cannot be said about BB10 right now

RIM probably spent millions and tons of man hours getting this new OS off the ground. We have to give them credit for releasing a product in the current fashion that works as well as it seems to work. I spent only an hour or so with it so obviously I'm no expert but although I found a few bugs and the UI isn't that untuitive, they will get it eventually. However, this is the problem....they are probably 2 years too late.

I've had iphones and androids and now have a WP8 Nokia 920. WP8 still lacks some features but the UI is buttery smooth and slick as anything...it's extremely easy to figure out...however, I recently gave Jelly Bean a try for a couple of days and I have to be honest...it's pretty slick. It's not the mess that it was previously. I agree with the OP in that BB10 currently doesn't come close to Jelly Bean in most respects.
    I'll stick with Windows Phone as it's the most intuitive for me but I can totally understand why some people don't like it as the tile interface is not for everyone...however, the app selection is finally getting off the ground and the big name apps are all native and are mostly pretty slick (there are also a ton of crap apps as well)

It's best to have an open mind...if I was a BB user currently I would definitely go with a Z10...in fact, if they priced the Z10 reasonably unlocked ($350-$400) I'd buy one just to play with. However, I couldn't personally recommend a Z10 to a new smartphone user or to an iOS or Android user...currently BB users will be blown away though I'm sure.

Have fun.
    so your solution is to have total rip off of ios so there is no learning curve..............o wait it is called Android.
    02-08-13 09:10 AM
    so your solution is to have total rip off of ios so there is no learning curve..............o wait it is called Android.
    If by "total rip off" you mean completely different in all aspects, then I agree.
    02-08-13 09:33 AM
    For OP this is good review. You can take some ideas for your next attempt of reviewing ANY phone

An Epigrammatic Review of the BlackBerry Z10
    Posted by Knowlton Thomas on Feb 7, 2013 11:20 AM PST
    Below is my decidedly succinct review of the Z10.

It's brief because I only cover two things about the device. The best thing and the worst thing. I don't touch on hardware or the vast majority of the software features. You can read about those elsewhere. You can read a 6,000-word review on The Verge, or a 5,000-word review on CNET UK, or a 4,000-word review on Computerworld. Just keep in mind that the length of the review doesn't mean anything. An incredibly long review can still be biased, or sloppy, or both. Not that I'm saying the reviews I linked to are bad. I'm not saying they're good, either. I'm just reminding you that all reviewers are human, and all humans are imperfect.

Warning: some swear words may appear in the text below.

TOTALLY ****TY: THE APP ECOSYSTEM

It sucks. No, don't try to defend it. It sucks. BlackBerry launched BB10 with "more than 70,000 apps," which is by far the most of any mobile platform on any launch day. Ever. That's an impressive thing to say—and it is legitimately impressive—but the ecosystem remains terrible. It's almost entirely quantity over quality.

BlackBerry World is missing a lot of big apps that people love and use everyday. Some of them will eventually come to BB10. Some may never. Of course, this platform is brand new, so let's give it some room to breath. If BlackBerry sells, the developers will come. If not, they won't. For now, it's a huge weakness for BlackBerry and the ****tiest thing about the Z10. Even if there is nothing the company can really do about that right now.

******* AWESOME: THE KEYBOARD

BlackBerry touts a lot of new single-syllable features such as Hub, Flow, and Peak. Which are all essentially the same thing: gesture-based ways to do things on your device. They're cool, but none of them are the best thing about the Z10. That goes, hands down, to the keyboard.

I've typed on dozens of smartphone keyboards, from the tiny 3.5-inch screen of the original Apple iPhone to the giant Samsung Galaxy Note II (which, in my opinion, is not a smartphone). Most remind me of BB10's app store: they suck. I can firmly state, without hesitation, that the Z10 has—by far—the best ******* keyboard of any touchscreen smartphone. Period.

Within five minutes of using one I could type noticeably faster than with my Nokia Lumia 920 after two months of daily practice. The keyboard feels remarkably like BlackBerry's iconic physical keyboard. It's kind of freaky, to be honest. And the whole predictive typing thing, which I was skeptical about pre-launch, is shockingly smart. Also kind of freaky. It's the first time a touch keyboard with auto-correct and predictive text has allowed me to actually type faster than without. I'm not sure how if I'll ever be able to type on a non-BlackBerry 10 smartphone ever again.

I'm not a fan of Baseball, or of sports analogies, but there's simply no better way to put it: BlackBerry knocked this one out of the park.

CONCLUSION: TOTALLY ****TY OR ******* AWESOME?

I'm not going to tell you to buy a Z10. Nor am I going to advise against doing so. I'm not even going to say it's better than the Galaxy S III, or worse than the iPhone 5, or precisely equal to a purple monkey wearing a hat made of Jell-o. Because that would be my opinion, and you have no reason to care about that.

All I'm going to say is this: try one. Even if you're not in the market for a new device, just try one. And I don't mean go to Future Shop and fiddle with one for 30 seconds then go home and tell everyone definitively "it sucks!" or "it rocks!" I mean reallytry one. Find a friend or a tech expert who actually knows how to use all the gesture-based controls and can walk you through the features, and then experiment on your own for a good while. It's a completely new operating system; it can't be learned in two minutes, or even twenty.

Basically, I'm saying stop reading reviews of this device and go review it yourself.

Meanwhile, I'm going to leave my personal opinion below—just in case.

IMO, BlackBerry is back.
    source: An Epigrammatic Review of the BlackBerry Z10 - Techvibes.com
    02-08-13 09:35 AM
    If the z10 had been available in the US right away I would have purchased one. I was excited to come back to BB. Seeing what's absent from the OS has killed my enthusiasm and now I'm really reconsidering. I want to try it but I'll be losing great email and calendar/contact sync, great camera, native apps, sound profiles, etc. It seems like all the things I loved about BB are gone. Hopefully time fixes this.
    02-08-13 10:24 AM
    Good point though yikes on Apple as an example. Try using iOS 6 on a device with an A4 procrssor like iPod touch. Shudder ...
    Agreed. My point was that it wouldn't be as fragmented as Android. It's upto the user to determine if the update is right for them. I also think that the only thing really holding back BlackBerry, and other OS', is the lack of battery technology. I can see a multi core BlackBerry phone lasting for many years with only software updates as long as the battery can handle it. Really all anyone needs is to make it through the contract period without feeling like a decade has gone by. Not easy in the tech world as 3 years equates to roughly 6 human years (assuming two releases per year).

Tim
    02-08-13 10:52 AM
    If the z10 had been available in the US right away I would have purchased one. I was excited to come back to BB. Seeing what's absent from the OS has killed my enthusiasm and now I'm really reconsidering. I want to try it but I'll be losing great email and calendar/contact sync, great camera, native apps, sound profiles, etc. It seems like all the things I loved about BB are gone. Hopefully time fixes this.
    Great camera? Lol.

The new OS kinda feels like the an aging rock band trying to make a comeback. Time and age has passed them by even as they try valiantly to reinvent themselves.
    02-08-13 11:10 AM
    Great camera? Lol.

The new OS kinda feels like the an aging rock band trying to make a comeback. Time and age has passed them by even as they try valiantly to reinvent themselves.
    Yes the camera on my current device is great
    02-08-13 11:14 AM
    Hey there, here my little thoughts.

First off, just like one of the others above me, approx 20% of me also want to tear you apart, but that's bull****. You came here to share your thoughts objectively as an iOS/Android user and I thank you for that.

My thought's are basically the same like DaNii1985s:

1. One of the biggest issues I have with iOS and Android is the eMail-experience. Every time I read or hear iOS or Android users bashing BlackBerry for their paid BIS-option and say "every other phone can do push mail for free" I can't believe it. The thing is that it seems like that each and every iOS and Android user uses Gmail, iCloud or Yahoo (the only one's that get pushed). And the greatest about this is that most of them use a non-native Gmail-app to use it. Yes, a non-native app to do mail. Users who have also a Windows live mail-account, additionally use an Outlook app. I mean...really? Two different 3rd-party-apps to handle two different mail-accounts? That's by far the worst thing I can imagine. Honestly, this can't be the future in smartphones and I#m absolutely shocked that so many people are satisfied with this. In conclusion, the mail-experience on both iOS and Android is absolutely horrible (because the native mail client on both also sucks) for me and I have no clue why so many people are satisfied with it. Apple and Google don't deserve any credit for working out such a crappy solution that only supports push mail and sync if you use either their own services only or need to do it by separated 3rd party apps. In my opinion by this alone they don't even deserve the term 'smartphone' or 'mobile computing'. I'm a BlackBerry user for 4 years now, my Bold 9900 is my 3rd BB (9000 > 9800 > 9900; I even chose the Torch 9800 over an iPhone 4 although it took me 70 EUR more on contract). I use 4 e-mail accounts and I want to handle them native, fully integrated and seamless within one application. When I hit on a linked email-adress within a webpage in the browser, it opens up the compose screen of the native email-application with my standard-defined mail-adress and I'm ready to go.
    Yes, really? Hotmail has supported EAS since 2008. I think the third quarter of 2008 is when they turned it on, so iPhones and Android devices have been pushing Hotmail since at least then, and Windows Mobile has had PUSH mail for Windows Live/Hotmail since before then via a 1st party app/integration for Microsoft (which included Messenger support - they called it Windows Live for Windows Mobile). Sticking to BIS did not help RIM, has it severely limited the way users could sync PIM services based on the existence of a Plug-In and the Capabilities of the plug-ins. It's not 2001 anymore. People don't just "sync" email to their devices. They sync everything (Email, Calendar, Contacts) and BIS failed to provide adequate support for that for a ton of users (i.e. Hotmail support was worse than Google and Yahoo! support was worse than Hotmail support).
    Additionally, there's much more functionality just through the browser where I use mobile webpages for things and services iPhone and Android users might use apps for:
    • Translation (I prefer several mobile web pages for this over their available apps like LEO or Navita).
    • Google or Bing (also here I prefer the webpage over the Google search app).
    • Wikipedia.
    • Numerous news sites, blogs and forums.
    • Mobile banking.
    • YouTube.
    • Just estimating, but I have a feeling that 60 or 70 % of all Android and iOS apps offer services that are also accessible through a mobile webpage of the respective provider.
    Google Translate through a browser doesn't hold a candle to the App on Android.

Searching in the browser is basically identical to searching in the app as the data returned is basically equivalent and the browser can access i.e. your location, anyways. For Google, I mean. Bing, I'm not sure. Their non-Windows Phone apps have fallen into disservice lately, but on Windows Phone no one would use the browser in lieu of the app except for simple searches. The App does much, much more.

Wikipedia has an app that basically does what the website does. Wikipedia is such a simple service that it doesn't really matter what you use to access it at this point. The app is better for searching, though.

Blogs are better when you subscribe in Google Reader, and you can just click the title to go to the full page. Forums are better in Tapatalk as many forums do not have a Mobile view. News sites are often better in something like Currents or Pulse.

Mobile Banking, you can't even deposit a check with your phone camera using a website, never mind the other advantages an app has over the web sites.

YouTube is better in app form. You can upload videos. You can pre-fetch (Watch Later) videos over WiFi (good before leaving before a trip, for example, as it will allow you to watch them without a connection), etc. Search is much better/easier in the app.

The issue is not whether they're accessible in the browser. Question is whether or not the app increases your productivity, and in every case you mention - yes, and massively so in some cases.

So it's more than disappointing to hear that none of BB10 differentiators makes the Z10 any better than an iPhone or GS3. Even worse - Messaging/Notifications, multitasking, browser, battery and camera are all worse than on the competing platforms? I can't believe it.
    No one is trying to convince you, we all have our opinions.

The thing I understand the least is the problem iOS and Android users seem to have with the BB HUB. The main complain I hear over and over again, is that they find it confusing to get all of their notifications mixed together into one place and they don't want it that way. I do find that even a bit funny. After all these years people got used to the intuitive iOS and Android way, they expect systems to be as they are out of the box and don't mind that they could eventually customize anything to their needs and habits. You can customize the "all" Inbox with simple check boxes for each and every service. If you want it only shows your main mail adress and Twitter for instance. Not to mention that all notifications are broken down vertical along the left edge of the display. Really, I don't know where the problem is. Sure, there are some issues with navigating through the HUB as far as I heard it (navigating fast to a new message while being in or composing another). Also many complain about the fact that you don't get any toast messages or pop-ups and have to dive completely into the HUB to find out who wrote what. But hey, I think it's so natural the way it is. The HUB is a place where all is waiting for you, like a dynamic physical sheet of paper. You have to pull the overlaying sheets to the side to peek at what's beneath. I find this so great and as long as you leave the HUB from the ALL inbox at the top you have problem having the needed information right at the first peek. And additionally, I think this is really easy to solve, BB10 will evolve. And as soon as BlackBerry has figured out how to do this and updates it, the HUB will be finally superior and every former criticism is pointless.
    BB Hub is lambasted because it's a shoddy way to organize and triage notifications. It's bad, there is no (or very weak) context in a lot of cases (like inability to see which email account an email came to at a glance, for example). The user interface simply isn't all that great, either. It's not about being used to Android and iOS. Every system is slightly different, anyways. Windows Phone also has issues with Notifications and it's issues are different than BB10 and addressed as such without regard for how things work on Android and iOS. If iOS and Android does something that works well, then I don't see why another OS has to avoid it just because rabid fans dislike the other company/platform. Change for the sake of change is fruitless, and doing something different just to be different is just as fruitless, IMO.

The Z10 might not be perfect at this stage but to call it generally "not competitive" is really a personal and short-sighted approach IMO. There are people with very different requirements towards a phone and are really waiting to come back to BlackBerry. And the key point here is that they don't want BlackBerry to do things like the competition does them already. Otherwise they can just stay where they are and don't look back. But there are many who couldn't take the legacy BlackBerry anymore and are sitting on iOS and Android as an emergency solution, waiting for BlackBerry to come out with the real deal: modern alltouch phones with iOSs and Androids advantages translated into a BlackBerry. CMO Frank Boulben said in an interview that the target group they're aiming at accounts for one third of the overall smartphone market, which is still a great stack. To look out into the future, it's okay when there are still 40% Android users, 20% iPhone users and 6,67% WP8 and other users with BB10 sitting at the second spot with 33,3% :-D
    It depends on how you define competitive. The Z10 isn't competitive in the sense that it will cause a significant amount of iPhone/Android or even WP8 users to consider switching. Maybe some ex-BB users who got a better phone while waiting for something better from RIM will go back, but it will not have any significantly impact on the smartphone market, especially when you consider RIM was actually losing subscribers when it launched.

The Z10 is like a mid-range device priced as a high end device and that won't work well for it either, as there are Mid-Range androids with the same hardware for much lower prices on the market. Couple that with the ecosystem disparity and it becomes hard to justify buying into it when you aren't surrounded by other BB users.
    Rickroller likes this.
    02-08-13 11:35 AM
    Hi,

I dont want to be a troll or annoy anyone, but I guess that there are people reading this forum who are iOS/Android owners considering a switch to BB10 and the Z10. I want to post my thoughts on why the Z10 is not competitive for those people to read. If you are a staunch BB supporter you will probably think I am an ***** or just plain wrong.

For info, I own a iPhone 5 and a Google Nexus 4 and I enjoy technology and phones. In the last 4 months I have also owned a Note 2 and a Lumia 920.

Reasons why BB10/Z10 is not ready and competitive with iOS/Android:

1. The device itself is fine. Nothing great. Its not as nice as an iPhone (its more plasticy and weighs more) but probably on par with the Nexus 4.
    2. The camera is OK. Nothing more. Not as good as the iPhone or a Note 2 I had before, but better than the Nexus 4.
    3. The screen is nice but not as bright as the iPhone. About the same as the Nexus 4.
    4. The Hub is nothing more than a glorified Notification Center with a sloppy UI. The paradigm of having all notifications mixed together is... different.. and for me it neither wins nor loses. I personally prefer pulling down from top of screen on Android or IOS but its roughtly similar.
    5. Evernote integration in Remember is pathetic. Useless. Doesn't sync back to regular Evernote clients and the only view is alphabetical. UPDATE - after a reboot, the notes did sync back to Evernote. Still there is no rich text editing/sorting but its not *as* bad as I first thought.
    6. The Gesture UI is fine but no more convenient than a home button. In fact, I think its easier to press a home button than make the same gesture over and over and over
    7. Apps... wow. If you are used to IOS or Android be prepared for a shock, the situation on BB10 is worse than Windows Phone. The apps, by and large, are terrible or simply links to web pages. There is no Youtube app, no BBC iPlayer, no Spotify, no decent Podcast app (Podcasts is not a decent app), no Evernote, no Skype, no TeamViewer. And so on. What apps there are are v1.0 apps like the first batches of Windows Phone 8 apps. This will improve but if you compare to iOS or Android its another world and simply years behind.
    8. Browser is OK. About the same as iPhone or Android. But 1 annoying bug prevents me from using it - you can change the Search provider but only to Google.com and not google.co.uk so most of the search results are less relevant to me.
    9. BB Link on my Mac is OK. But it screws up the iTunes metadata for videos, and cannot group by metadata so ALL Movies and TV Shows are lumped together in a list. Rubbish.
    10. HTML Email wont fit to screen so you will be horizontal scrolling.
    11. Battery Life. To be fair I haven't owned it for very long (I need to return it within 7 days) but its not good. About as good as the Nexus 4 - i.e. Poor - and nowhere near the battery life of the iPhone 5.
    12. Email is worse on the BB than it is on iPhone and Android. I have 2 Google EAS accounts. I set both up as EAS accounts on the BB. Emails arrive more or less same time as other devices but when you read them on the BB, it isnt sending back the "READ" command to the server so the messages will appear as Unread on all other devices. What an annoying bug.
    13. BBM is useless to new converts as chances are they wont know anyone else with a BB.
    14. Notifications arrive very slowly (e.g. Twitter mentions etc).

I have many more complaints too, but i think I will stop there.

Some of this can be fixed easily, some cannot.

My honest advice is this: in 2013 with a new iPhone about 6 months away and the new generation of 1080p Androids weeks away, this phone feels out of place. It should have been released in this state 2 years ago around iOS 4 and Gingerbread/Honeycomb. Thats what if could actually compete against. but against Jelly Bean and iOS 6 and the hardware on offer, its not good enough.

Nothing Of this true.. Z10 Is Great! Best Phone on the Market! Have you seen the user ratings? Apps will come. NEW OS.
    bitek likes this.
    02-08-13 11:38 AM
    Just because you disagree with it doesn't make it untrue.
    Rickroller and mikeo007 like this.
    02-08-13 11:43 AM
    Just because you disagree with it doesn't make it untrue.
    Hey Grumpy, did you return yours yet?
    02-08-13 11:54 AM
    Lol. The 'Hub', 'Balance' are unequaled by any stretch on any platform. And those are the OS level. iOS and Android (I'm an S3 owner/user) will have to copy those and it will be some patchwork code. The keyboard and browser are without equal and that's from EVERY reviewer, even the iSheep and fandroids. BB was asleep when they underestimated how popular fart apps would be and iOS and Android are asleep in realizing that this OS will change how phones are made. Will it be evident to the average end user? Not all of them. It is to me. The Hub and keyboard alone will save me seconds per message/communication and that will happen hundreds or thousands a time per day. The Apps will come, the OS is where it's at.
    DJM626, RECOOL, oilgeo10 and 2 others like this.
    02-08-13 02:03 PM
    I understand what you are saying, but pressing the home button or swiping up from the bottom basically do the same thing. On Android there is 1 button which lists running apps and on iOS you can single tap to go "home" or double tap to see recently running apps.

The gesture UI is nothing new, just a new way of doing the same thing.
    Android people say this all the time. "Hub?, well I have the notification center, it is pretty much the same thing". "Multi tasking? I can hold down the home button, same".
    "Keyboard? I have swiftkeys, same thing" "Timeshift? Sorry, I have to go, I am late for my bus".

My point is that unless you are using it as your daily driver for a while, you will not get what makes it so different. When you are on twitter, browser, and BBM all at the same time, it is amazing and real multi tasking. I came from Android, never used BlackBerry before, and this is a much more amazing experience. Most of the time you don't even know what apps are open so you need to go into the launcher again to start them.

Also clicking on a notification and then waiting for the app to load, only to click on the home button to go back to whatever you were doing before, well that is just painful and takes forever. I know, I have done it for years. It took me a few days to see how great the hub was when I got a text, a phone call, and an email all from the same person and I can see it all on the hub in the correct sequence. What method people use to communicate isn't important, I think the hub is the best part of BB10.
    bigbbrybeliever likes this.
    02-08-13 02:39 PM
    I understand what you are saying, but pressing the home button or swiping up from the bottom basically do the same thing. On Android there is 1 button which lists running apps and on iOS you can single tap to go "home" or double tap to see recently running apps.

The gesture UI is nothing new, just a new way of doing the same thing.
    How about closing the app you are in on iOS vs BB10, for example? 2 gestures or tap Home Button once, then tap it twice, then press and hold the icon of the app you want to close, then tap the - sign on the icon.

These are the things that make a supposedly easy-to-use OS maddening to me.
    02-08-13 02:57 PM
    People, give it a chance. It's built from the ground up to be brilliant at communication, TRUE multitasking, security, separate work/play, etc, and it's ONLY A WEEK OR TWO OLD! Lol. The rest will come, but the OS is where it's at and anything iOS and Android do to 'catch up' will be sloppy code on top of a foundation based up apps/games.

This is from a straight up iSheep reviewer on an iPhone site.

BlackBerry Z10 vs. iPhone 5 – Hardware Comparison - TodaysiPhone.com

"Ignoring the fact that the Z10 has got a long way to go to catch up with the likes of Apple’s App Store, the new gesture based control system is fantastic. Everything is a single digit swipe away. Swipe down: I get system settings toggles. Swipe right: and I get the Hub which contains all my notifications. Swipe left: apps and folders. When I’m on the recent apps screen I can scroll up and down and easily close any apps I no longer need.

Although the iPhone has always been regarded as being easy to use, BlackBerry has trumped it with BB10. There’s no back button, or home button. It’s all done with a simple gesture. While it did take me a little time to get accustomed to the new way of doing things, I soon find myself trying to dismiss apps on my iPhone in the same way. In essence: BlackBerry has done the impossible, and made iOS seem complicated. So much so, that I’ve often been picking the Z10 up in before the iPhone to achieve tasks like checking email, Facebook and Twitter. It just feels more natural."
    02-08-13 03:15 PM
    Also clicking on a notification and then waiting for the app to load, only to click on the home button to go back to whatever you were doing before, well that is just painful and takes forever. I know, I have done it for years. It took me a few days to see how great the hub was when I got a text, a phone call, and an email all from the same person and I can see it all on the hub in the correct sequence. What method people use to communicate isn't important, I think the hub is the best part of BB10.
    I don't know what Android you used, but clicking on the notification immediately opens the app, there is no waiting. And whether you hit the Home button, or the Running Tasks button to get back to what you were doing doesnt seem to be any less efficient to me than swiping multiple times to get the Hub back to it's base level, and then swiping up to go to the Home screen (and then again tapping on whatever you were doing before). In fact, I count 4 gestures to do what can be done in 2 on mine (if you want to be able to "Peek" at your Hub at it's base level). Doesn't seem all that inefficient to me.

EDIT: As for BB Balance, you are right there, there is nothing that matches that performance currently, and for those who had to carry 2 devices before, this would be a godsend
    BlackStormRising likes this.
    02-08-13 03:37 PM
    iPhone has the same interface on all its phones... nothing new... I have friends who have iPhones 3,4,5... no change in their interface... it becomes boring after a point of using them. Android on the other hand is too jazzy for my comfort and does not fit my needs...
    02-08-13 05:34 PM
    you better not complain about it in crackberry then... just kidding... we may not like reading all the negatives about our berries... but we do with a pinch of salt and throw pepper to defend them...
    02-08-13 06:11 PM
    I despise android,i have tried it a few times,had a note for a few months,just couldnt get used to it. As boring as ios might be it is my fav os by far. Since tuesday my sims been in my iphone5 and my z10 tethered to it,today i put the sim in the z10 with iphone on tether. For now apps ,or lack thereof is what is killing the lustre of the z10 for me,i can wait for now,but if this stays this way for 3/4 more months i probably will leave bb for good, but i have been saying this for a decade almost. Lol.
    02-08-13 06:12 PM

here are some reasons for ios / android people to switch to bb10

ios

1. it is all enclosed and too much controlled by apple
    2. because home button is not cool anymore
    3. because all iphones look exactly the same and it is hard to tell if it is iphone 1 or iphone 5
    4. because iphone has no flash
    5. because iphone has no multitasking
    6. because ios does not have all messages in one place.
    7. because ios browser is not the best and it has never been.
    8. because it is likely that iphone 6 will look like iphone 5 and iphone 7 will look like iphone 6 etc. borring. Sorry but true innovator is dead and it is unlikely that apple will come out with anything revolutionary any time soon.

Android

1. it is too fragmented
    2. because lot of apps do not want work properly on certain phones
    3. because lot of apps do not work at all on certain phones
    4. because ios "control bar" takes away from space on the screen and space is everything on small screen
    5. becauus newest android os does not support flash
    6. because security on android is of huge concernes
    7. because android is heaven for malware
    8. because android has no true multitasking
    9. because a lot of things done on android are just awkward
    99.9% of people, including my mum, my sister and probably my sister's dog, couldn't give a monkeys about the above points. Only the sort of people who inhabit these forums (a minuscule percentage of users) are even slightly interested in anything other than buying a phone, switching it on and having it work straight out of the box and with all their favourite apps available. The Z10 is a lovely phone. It deserves success and I'm very pleased with mine but I'm still cheesed off that a lot of apps that are available on other platforms are nowhere to be seen.
    02-08-13 06:12 PM
    Judging by the short comings listed in this thread, I see no reason for me to purchase a Z10 next month. Hopefully RIMM resolve all the issues by the fall.

Going HAM using Tapatalk
    02-08-13 06:28 PM
    People, give it a chance. It's built from the ground up to be brilliant at communication, TRUE multitasking, security, separate work/play, etc, and it's ONLY A WEEK OR TWO OLD! Lol. The rest will come, but the OS is where it's at and anything iOS and Android do to 'catch up' will be sloppy code on top of a foundation based up apps/games.

This is from a straight up iSheep reviewer on an iPhone site.

BlackBerry Z10 vs. iPhone 5 – Hardware Comparison - TodaysiPhone.com

"Ignoring the fact that the Z10 has got a long way to go to catch up with the likes of Apple’s App Store, the new gesture based control system is fantastic. Everything is a single digit swipe away. Swipe down: I get system settings toggles. Swipe right: and I get the Hub which contains all my notifications. Swipe left: apps and folders. When I’m on the recent apps screen I can scroll up and down and easily close any apps I no longer need.

Although the iPhone has always been regarded as being easy to use, BlackBerry has trumped it with BB10. There’s no back button, or home button. It’s all done with a simple gesture. While it did take me a little time to get accustomed to the new way of doing things, I soon find myself trying to dismiss apps on my iPhone in the same way. In essence: BlackBerry has done the impossible, and made iOS seem complicated. So much so, that I’ve often been picking the Z10 up in before the iPhone to achieve tasks like checking email, Facebook and Twitter. It just feels more natural."
    skimmed through the review quickly and i've got to say that for iphone user this is very positive review for bb10. great to read it. go rim i meant blackberry go.
    02-08-13 06:52 PM
    Basically, my thoughts are...you can get the phone and help BB work through the growing pains of a brand new OS and wait for some key apps. If there are apps that are imperative to your life and are not yet available, then you can't get the phone now. And, if working through the nuances/problems that come with a ONE WEEK OLD BRAND NEW new OS will bother you, then you might want to wait a little while on the phone. 'We' will get it squared away for you soon enough. I think the 'Hub' and keyboard alone will make my life so much easier that I am taking the plunge. CAN NOT WAIT IT'S COMING FROM CANADA THANK YOU GREAT WHITE NORTH CRACKBERRIES.
    02-08-13 07:18 PM
159 ... 34567