I phoned Bell retention services today, and I was offered the $56 plan that Fido and Virgin have (unlimited nationwide call and text, CID/VM, 2GB data) but she said that I should probably wait because they might release special plans when the Z10 is released. Does anyone, people that work for/with carriers or people who have experienced this before, think this is possible? Also, am I just better off grabbing the $56 plan now rather than waiting and risking losing that offer and having to choose from lesser plans?

Thanks a lot for the input
    cheech73 likes this.
    01-19-13 03:30 PM
    I phoned Bell retention services today, and I was offered the $56 plan that Fido and Virgin have (unlimited nationwide call and text, CID/VM, 2GB data) but she said that I should probably wait because they might release special plans when the Z10 is released. Does anyone, people that work for/with carriers or people who have experienced this before, think this is possible? Also, am I just better off grabbing the $56 plan now rather than waiting and risking losing that offer and having to choose from lesser plans?

Thanks a lot for the input
    If I were you I'd go the online route and have the same conversation. That way you can copy and past the conversation. I've done this in the past when refused what was promissed or told would happen. Simply sending what I had saved, got me what I wanted. There was no argument over the ol' he said she said bull ****.
    bungaboy likes this.
    01-19-13 03:36 PM
    It's not unusual for promotion plans to become available when new devices launch. I'm really hoping Telus has a promo with some more data when BB10 launches, I'd love more data on my plan. The plan they're offering you right now, however, actually sounds excellent. I'd go for it personally, although it is possible that there might be a better promo when BB10 is out, but I don't think anyone can guarantee that at the moment.
    bmercer94 likes this.
    01-19-13 03:37 PM
    If I were you I'd go the online route and have the same conversation. That way you can copy and past the conversation. I've done this in the past when refused what was promissed or told would happen. Simply sending what I had saved, got me what I wanted. There was no argument over the ol' he said she said bull ****.
    Well I make sure to write down the time/date and the persons name, I have not had any problems as of yet because everything I have been offered has been noted on my account. I am just wondering if it is better to accept the plan I was offered or wait for some "special" plans released with BB10.

*Also, the lady said she saw BB10, I think she mentioned a presentation they had, and she said it looked super pretty, very very nice and she was intrigued, and an iPhone user haha
    01-19-13 03:39 PM
    Depending what country, state, etc you can record your conversation also (one party consent).

01-19-13 03:46 PM
    Another note, I was at Bell today to get a new SIM, and the rep said that usually if you go in and give a $50 deposit they can set a device aside for you, but we'll just have to wait and see if they do any sort of official pre-order deal.
    01-19-13 04:06 PM
    Depending what country, state, etc you can record your conversation also (one party consent).
    I was going to suggest that but, like you said, can infringe on certain rights. It's just easier to have the conversation online, copy and paste, and you're on your way. Also, it gives you time to organize your thoughts and arguments as opposed to being pressed to say them real time. You can win more that way.
    01-19-13 04:09 PM
    I was going to suggest that but, like you said, can infringe on certain rights. It's just easier to have the conversation online, copy and paste, and you're on your way. Also, it gives you time to organize your thoughts and arguments as opposed to being pressed to say them real time. You can win more that way.
    I tried, they won't talk about credits and retention plans online through eChat, I was told to call in.
    01-19-13 04:16 PM
    Also, concerning the tiered BIS I have read about, if I choose this $56 plan, would I have to pay extra come launch to have BB10 data compression and such? The compression is key for me, especially if I'm only getting 2gigs
    01-19-13 04:23 PM
    BlackBerry 10 looks to be a modern OS that is beyond (or similar) the current offerings of the competitors. I don't see any "special plans" being offered like previous generations of BlackBerry devices.

Although, I could be completely wrong come January 30th.
    01-19-13 04:25 PM
    I was offered the same thing from bell, but was told I would have to pay close to full price for a new device if I were to take that offer.
    01-19-13 04:39 PM
    I tried, they won't talk about credits and retention plans online through eChat, I was told to call in.
    Wow.. interesting. I solved a problem for my brother online that was worth over 2g's. All numbers, details and agreements were done via the online chat. If they won't do it that way, I'd bet that they assume that you won't record it and they can change on a whim without recourse.
    01-19-13 04:43 PM
    I was offered the same thing from bell, but was told I would have to pay close to full price for a new device if I were to take that offer.
    Full price being the ~$700? I will get the upgrade price because I am eligible.
    01-19-13 05:03 PM
    Full price being the ~$700? I will get the upgrade price because I am eligible.
    I am eligible for an upgrade as well, but the rep told me that the quoted plan does not include data credits. So I would be paying full price less the 3 year commitment credit.
    01-19-13 06:17 PM
    I'm with Rogers in Canada, when the iPhone launched in October they had a promo plan with nation wide my10, 200min, 6GB data all for 60$+ tax... even though i had a BB, i changed to this promo plan at no cost. Rogers seems to have had a promo during a new device launch, im assuming they will do it again with BB10.

my two cents
    01-19-13 09:44 PM
    OP. There is no reason why you can't take the deal retentions has offered you now and switch to a different plan later if any promo plans do come out. Worst case scenario is that you incur a surcharge if one exists. Just confirm with retentions if a surcharge could happen when you switch between data plans. As of today Bell is also saying that some of their promo plans are ending on Feb. 4th so some plans will be changing in the near future. Whether that is tied with the rumored Feb. 5th launch date is pure speculation but in the past availability of lower rate "back to school" promo plans tend to end shortly before the IPhone launches. Don't forget as well that there are also rumors about BIS being phased out for consumers so changes to the current BB plans are likely to happen if those rumors are true. Plus MobileSyrup posted that the Choice $56 plans at Virgin are ending today (Jan. 25th) so I doubt retentions will be as generous once those plans disappear.
    01-25-13 11:17 AM
    I'd like to keep this thread alive. I'm with Telus and they are telling me that I have to go to a $70 plan from my existing $50 (plus call display $7).....and I'm fully eligible for an upgrade! Been with them for the last 3 years.
    So, if I want a new Z10, I have to subscribe for another 3 years at a $20 more expensive plan. Not a nice way to treat your customers.

I did find an interesting 2 year plan at Fido. $60 with Canada wide LD and unlimited in most other categories.

Plans | Shop | Fido.ca

Anyone find anything comparable?
    02-03-13 02:24 PM
    1. Bell network in Thunder Bay (The one I got ) - Expires 4th Feb
    2. About TELUS - Expires Feb 7

- to get either one of those plans all you gotta do is change your address to a TB address.

if you don't want to change your add. Telus has a plan for $67/month which includes

Unlimited NATIONWIDE anytime minutes
    1GB of shared data
    Unlimited outgoing and incoming text, picture and video messaging
    Caller ID, Voice Mail, Call Waiting and Conference Calling
    Available ONLY with select smartphones on 2 year term and month-to-month

not a bad plan but nothing compared to the TB plans
    02-03-13 05:58 PM
    The Telus $67 plan doesn't seem to be available for the Z10....unless I'm missing something. Can you provide the link?

- to get either one of those plans all you gotta do is change your address to a TB address.

if you don't want to change your add. Telus has a plan for $67/month which includes

1GB of shared data

02-03-13 06:21 PM

1GB of shared data

Wow, the Thunder Bay plans are amazing. When my Z10 arrives and I call in to activate, I'll have to have a word with them about plans. My family's been with them for 11 years now, and I could really use more data.
    02-03-13 06:24 PM
    Any way to get the bell thunder bay plan if not in thunder bay?
    02-03-13 06:48 PM
    Yes, but only if you are in Ontario because Thunder Bay is in Ontario.

Any way to get the bell thunder bay plan if not in thunder bay?
    02-04-13 09:59 AM
    The $67 plan has to be available for the Z10. Here is the link --> Unlimited Nationwide Talk with Data Share | Plans | TELUS Mobility

If you look at the bottom where it says eligible phones, blackberry curve is one of them that means this plan will work with any blackberry smartphone including the z10.

The Telus $67 plan doesn't seem to be available for the Z10....unless I'm missing something. Can you provide the link?
    02-04-13 10:01 AM
    Regarding the Telus plan, it states a two year contract where I can only see pricing on the Z10 for a 3 year contract. A two year contract would mean paying more for the phone up front no doubt. As well, that plan is pretty good but also thin on data. Only one gig. That ain't an awful lot for the price one is paying. If it had 3 gigs of data with it, I would go for it and just watch my data usage. Unlimited calling nationwide would be worth it given that you have to go to their $100 plan to get nationwide unlimited. Fricking Telus wants an arm and a leg for data!! $10 gets you 10 megs!! or something really stupid. Would be nice to be able to mix and match as none of any carriers plan gives me what I want, a mix of calling, local and long distance, unlimited texting and a good chunk of data (at least 3 gigs). Telus seems to be holding the line on plans right now. They have been doing well on the wireless front and maybe they don't think they need to be aggressive with pricing. With what they have, I can't see why anyone would transfer over based upon their promotional plans. Its like they are happy with what they are doing and don't want more customers!!
    02-04-13 10:29 AM
    I know what you mean but its not just telus its everyone. Bell and Rogers also have similar plans and pricing, what they are trying to do is promote their network. Its like "if you want LTE you need to pay a premium price for it" but what they don't realize is eventually those small companies like mobilicity and wind will catch up to them get their own LTE and offer it for cheaper and people will start switching to them.

Regarding the Telus plan, it states a two year contract where I can only see pricing on the Z10 for a 3 year contract. A two year contract would mean paying more for the phone up front no doubt. As well, that plan is pretty good but also thin on data. Only one gig. That ain't an awful lot for the price one is paying. If it had 3 gigs of data with it, I would go for it and just watch my data usage. Unlimited calling nationwide would be worth it given that you have to go to their $100 plan to get nationwide unlimited. Fricking Telus wants an arm and a leg for data!! $10 gets you 10 megs!! or something really stupid. Would be nice to be able to mix and match as none of any carriers plan gives me what I want, a mix of calling, local and long distance, unlimited texting and a good chunk of data (at least 3 gigs). Telus seems to be holding the line on plans right now. They have been doing well on the wireless front and maybe they don't think they need to be aggressive with pricing. With what they have, I can't see why anyone would transfer over based upon their promotional plans. Its like they are happy with what they are doing and don't want more customers!!
    02-04-13 12:15 PM