Love that feature
    04-26-13 05:23 AM
    Actually tap anywhere in a text field and the keyboard will minimise. No long press necessary. The only place I have found where the long press is necessary is the crackberry app

Posted via CB10
    Nope. A quick tap, anywhere in a blank text field or in one with existing text brings up the "cursor bubble" thingy or at minimum places the standard cursor. I even tapped away from the text in the blank/white areas. The short press and hold (OKAY - not a long press and hold) does quickly minimize the KB.

Same in BBM, SMS, email, Blaq, native Twitter, browser input bar, guessing everywhere. I tried all those listed.

My definition of tap and darkehawke's might vary, likely that his tap and my "short press and hold" are the same thing. Either way, it is a great way to kill the keyboard quickly when using the phone one handed without the "LONG" press and hold on the "space" key (excruciatingly long for my impatient thumb)
    04-26-13 11:36 AM
    Search is already there. Hit the little magnifying glass at the bottom middle on the main screen and up comes the keyboard, type in your search term.

Example bbm john.... up comes John's bbm icon, hit it and you're talking to john.... also from the search, swipe right and there are a bunch of search filters.

Pretty slick way of navigating the phone
    Posted via CB10
    Not working this way for me. I'm on ATT .10.822 . Examples below. If I enter JUST <patti> I get: (1st) her Contact Icon, (2nd) a photo with her name in the file name, (3rd) an old text message that won't open, poss deleted (not from her, but likely contained her name) and (4th) BBM section / most recent message that takes me right there, then Remembers with "Patti", Calendar, etc . . .

I use search from 1st app screen or active frames screen and enter <bbm patti> like your post mentions and I get this result (NO bbm results or contact info) :
    New Keyboard Trick Discovered-searchpattibbm.jpg

If I enter this <email patti>, I get the most recent BBM I received and an OLD email stored in Remember, but no contact icon or email threads:
    New Keyboard Trick Discovered-searchpattiemail.jpg

Am I using this incorrectly or something?
    04-26-13 12:23 PM
    Actually it was discovered before and there was a thread on it. You didn't search hard enough

Edit: from LordCrankyPant's post

Here you go. Searched "two finger swipe delete" on CB and this was the second item in the search. See post #3.

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...s-word-778292/

This thread does not deserve the attention it has gotten. OP just recycles an old discovered trick and reposts it as if it was newly discovered
    Me, get over yourself. Was useful for me.

Posted via CB10
    04-26-13 12:33 PM
    I just realized that it would be nice when I have the bubble cursor open that I can just hold down the shift key and drag the cursor for a quick text selection.

Know what I mean?

Posted via CB10
    04-26-13 02:11 PM
    Not working this way for me. I'm on ATT .10.822 . Examples below. If I enter JUST <patti> I get: (1st) her Contact Icon, (2nd) a photo with her name in the file name, (3rd) an old text message that won't open, poss deleted (not from her, but likely contained her name) and (4th) BBM section / most recent message that takes me right there, then Remembers with "Patti", Calendar, etc . . .

I use search from 1st app screen or active frames screen and enter <bbm patti> like your post mentions and I get this result (NO bbm results or contact info) :
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SearchPattiBBM.jpg 
Views:	287 
Size:	48.8 KB 
ID:	155280

If I enter this <email patti>, I get the most recent BBM I received and an OLD email stored in Remember, but no contact icon or email threads:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SearchPattiEmail.jpg 
Views:	287 
Size:	60.3 KB 
ID:	155281

Am I using this incorrectly or something?

system settings>search. Make sure bbm is checked off

Posted via CB10
    BlackBerry USA likes this.
    04-26-13 05:15 PM
    Pq

Posted via CB10
    04-26-13 05:33 PM
    system settings>search. Make sure bbm is checked off

Posted via CB10
    Everything checked, 100%.
    04-26-13 06:21 PM
    Never saw this before