Hi all, first time poster,

I've seen picture of the new curser bubble and the changes look welcome. However when I use it with the 10.1 update, the entire circle is blue instead of it changing when I change the curser direction. Any thoughts?

And on a side note, I'm writing this on my laptop, but for some reason the crackberry website/forum is only allowing me to use the mobile version :O
    05-15-13 12:48 PM

I've seen picture of the new curser bubble and the changes look welcome. However when I use it with the 10.1 update, the entire circle is blue instead of it changing when I change the curser direction. Any thoughts?

And on a side note, I'm writing this on my laptop, but for some reason the crackberry website/forum is only allowing me to use the mobile version :O
    Welcome to the CB Forums.

The issue with the Z10 may just need a simple reboot of the device to fix.

As for CB being mobile, you'll need to go into your control panel and change the theme settings from mobile to one that isn't
    05-15-13 12:59 PM
    Hi Derek, and welcome to CrackBerry!
    Please update your profile to include your device, carrier, and location. Makes it easier for others to help you.

I can't answer your main question, as I'm working through an issue with my 10.1 update right now.

For the website theme, scroll down on a Forums page past the Quick Reply box.
    05-15-13 01:04 PM

Hold it to drag it, touch left or right to nudge it.
    05-15-13 01:07 PM
    That's what's supposed to happen. When you drag, the whole thing will turn blue. When you tap either left, right, top bottom of the bubble it will only turn blue in those spots.

Posted via CB10
    05-15-13 01:08 PM
    I found out yesterday from BlackBerry Live that clicking on the left or right side will move it one space. Awesomely helpful. I've been running the leak for a week and didn't figure that one out.

Z10 via T-Mobile (10.1.0.1762)
    05-15-13 01:11 PM
    I found out yesterday from BlackBerry Live that clicking on the left or right side will move it one space. Awesomely helpful. I've been running the leak for a week and didn't figure that one out.

That's how it worked in 10.0 as well
    05-15-13 01:46 PM
    Perfect, thank you, I understand the curser bubble now. I like the change they made with it. Also, I found the forum theme, so that works now too thanks.

And just in case anyone else has this issue with 10.1, when I first downloaded the update, my battery went from about 3/4 full to dead in about 3 hours with little to no use. I just let the phone die, charged it and is working as normal today.
    Elite1 and SDTRMG like this.
    05-15-13 01:53 PM
    Yeah I knew about that that too, but it is a lot more responsive. What I wasn't sure was if 10.1 also had the top/bottom feature as well.

Posted via CB10
    05-15-13 03:04 PM
    I Still think it's a pain in the *** to use.

Posted via CB10
    05-15-13 04:52 PM
    I Still think it's a pain in the *** to use.

Posted via CB10
    What in particular don't you like, or how else did you want it to work?

This is how you CB10, son!
    05-15-13 11:21 PM
    What in particular don't you like, or how else did you want it to work?

It has ridiculous lag on all os versions...i can't reliably position the cursor, ever. I don't know of a better way to do it. I just know that the current method is very difficult for me to use.

Posted via CB10
    05-15-13 11:36 PM
    Man, all that time from day one dragging it one character and then swearing!

05-15-13 11:47 PM
    It has ridiculous lag on all os versions...i can't reliably position the cursor, ever. I don't know of a better way to do it. I just know that the current method is very difficult for me to use.

Posted via CB10
    What is your current OS version?

05-15-13 11:51 PM

Posted via CB10
    That's so weird because I'm LOVING the new text selector. Works so stinkin well all the time. Smooth as butter, super easy to position, looks good... They really hit a home run
    05-15-13 11:52 PM
    What is your current OS version?

Leaked .1762

Posted via CB10
    05-16-13 12:19 AM
    Leaked .1762

Posted via CB10
    You tap either the left, right, top, bottom of the curor to move one line. I have already stopped dragging the cursor now. I just tap to where I want to edit and just tap left or right for precise movements.

Best cursor ever used.

New Cursor Bubble Issue-img_00000070.png
    New Cursor Bubble Issue-img_00000067.png
    New Cursor Bubble Issue-img_00000077.png
    New Cursor Bubble Issue-img_00000085.png
    New Cursor Bubble Issue-img_00000001.png

Posted via CB10
    CMcRob, mnc76 and venious like this.
    05-16-13 12:37 AM
    Thank you. Dragging is the enemy

Posted via CB10
    05-16-13 12:49 AM
    Thank you. Dragging is the enemy

Posted via CB10
    Np. Hated dragging the cursor in the previous OS. You could actually do the same thing in 10.0 but it was not as responsive as this.

Spread the word to others because not a lot of people know about this.

This really enhances typing on this software keyboard imo.

Posted via CB10
    05-16-13 12:53 AM
    Wow! Great tips, thanks so much.

Posted via CB10
    05-16-13 01:04 AM
    Np. Hated dragging the cursor in the previous OS. You could actually do the same thing in 10.0 but it was not as responsive as this.

Spread the word to others because not a lot of people know about this.

This really enhances typing on this software keyboard imo.

Posted via CB10
    I knew you could tap to move left or right but didn't know you could do it to move up or down. My frustration typically went like this: try to tap where I wanted to edit but I ended up 3 lines below or above it, then I attempted dragging the cursor up those 3 lines. Much easier now that I am tapping

Posted via CB10
    05-16-13 01:24 AM