Hi I am an owner of the new Z10 and I would like to hear some positive feedback on the device or maybe some cool usage tips!

I am fed up spending hours on this site sifting through boring negative threads so please help me create a useful positive thread.

Starting the ball rolling,the screen size on the Z10 is very nice on the eyes!

Thanks!
    Last edited by White9900; 02-04-13 at 01:45 PM.
    b320 and Boots4283 like this.
    02-03-13 09:16 PM
    1. Super fast browser
    2. Super fast operation system
    3. Phone is thin and light
    4. Feels nice in the hand
    02-03-13 09:26 PM
    Played with one at Bell today. Felt great in the hand. Can't wait to pick mine up on Tuesday.
    02-03-13 09:58 PM
    I will chime in on Tuesday! 2 more days!
    02-03-13 09:59 PM
    Only played with one briefly at Rogers here in Canada, but so fun.
    Love the gestures, in only a few minutes I was getting used to them.
    Love the photo and video editing, something we have been wanting.

People wanted apps:
    Skype, WhatsApp, Netflix, Instagram, all are in talks to come to BB10! Amazing.
    Game selection - amazing.

People wanted more advertising:
    Superbowl ad, tv spots, great displays at stores, and it hasn't launched yet.

People were worried about the touch keyboard:
    No comment needed.
    02-03-13 10:03 PM
    This may sound silly but...the default wake up alarm tone is adorable! Wakes me up with a smile each morning.
    02-04-13 12:43 AM
    Hardware is superb - one if the nicest handsets out there just now. Just feels perfect in the hand. It it is still the only smartphone with the awesome sleep wake function activated by the case.

Browser is quick and screen is crisp.

Gmail works properly at long last.

Waking it up with just a swipe is cool. And useful!

And it has the best touch screen keyboard out there.
    jarrodmeyer and shads77 like this.
    02-04-13 01:14 AM
    Nice start keep up the good work!
    02-04-13 01:55 PM
    Browser is fantastic to use. Bbm voice/video works great. The keyboard is the best I've used. Camera works well,picture editor and story maker is a great feature. Using the hub to respond fast to notifications is really easy. It's all so good I've convinced my mum to get one!
    02-04-13 02:04 PM
    I saw one demoed in front of me. As a playbook owner they the gestures will come quickly.

All I can say is snappy performance and a beautiful screen.
    02-04-13 02:05 PM
    http://www.stephenfry.com/2013/01/31/the-fire-question/

Can't get more positive than Stephen Fry's review.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    02-04-13 02:09 PM
    Ok, good positive vibes in here so I have questions:

1. If your phone is off and you want to see the icons, like email count etc, can you just touch the screen once so it wakes up, or need to hit the power button (not talking about the drag up from the bottom to unlock). Just want to see the lock screen....
    2. So if you are in the HUB, and you do the peak (drag up, and then to the right), what happens?
    3. When you are in the hub and swipe BACK to the right does it go to the active frames or app you were in?
    4. How loud is the speaker for calls, sounds etc? I love putting mp3 sounds for my ringtones etc, wanted to see the speaker quality.
    5. Backgrounds, I saw a background for behind the apps, what about the lock screen?
    6. Has anybody setup box or dropbox to auto upload photos to backup?

Thanks guys.
    jarrodmeyer likes this.
    02-04-13 02:20 PM
    Now we have the Canadians on board we should get some cool tips and feedback!
    02-05-13 11:41 AM
    White9900, can you answer my questions please? I am curious. Thank you.
    02-05-13 01:23 PM
    I am really enjoying the phone today so far. I haven't had a lot of time to really play with it but the OS is great. Coming from a GS3 since launch day in June
    02-05-13 01:38 PM
    The speaker is good! The rest of your questions I would need to test out to answer sorry have not done yet!
    02-05-13 07:19 PM
    Hi I am an owner of the new Z10 and I would like to hear some positive feedback on the device or maybe some cool usage tips!

I am fed up spending hours on this site sifting through boring negative threads so please help me create a useful positive thread.

Starting the ball rolling,the screen size on the Z10 is very nice on the eyes!

Thanks!
    Typing this on my z10. Awesome so far.
    02-05-13 07:27 PM
    Just picked up 2 today(wife and me) on Bell. All I can say its any unbelievable phone...everything about it is fast and whole new experience. Transferred all my information and data from my 9860 using my microsd card and it was seamless! I've been with BB for 6 years now and have never had any major issue...but BB10 takes it to a whole new level! Looking forward to using the Z10!
    02-05-13 08:56 PM
    I currently own an I phone 5 and galaxy a3 and can say with 100% certainty. When the apps come, black berry stands a great chance at re owning the market again. Beautiful phone
    02-05-13 09:02 PM
    ][*]If your phone is off and you want to see the icons, like email count etc, can you just touch the screen once so it wakes up, or need to hit the power button (not talking about the drag up from the bottom to unlock). Just want to see the lock screen....
    Assuming this is a question, that is exactly how you do it lol

[*]So if you are in the HUB, and you do the peak (drag up, and then to the right), what happens?
    you go back to the active frames screen

[*]When you are in the hub and swipe BACK to the right does it go to the active frames or app you were in?
    Active frames

[*]Has anybody setup box or dropbox to auto upload photos to backup?
    i do not think either of those two have implemented it yet to their apps, or i havent found it yet
    02-05-13 09:04 PM
    Ok, good positive vibes in here so I have questions:

1. If your phone is off and you want to see the icons, like email count etc, can you just touch the screen once so it wakes up, or need to hit the power button (not talking about the drag up from the bottom to unlock). Just want to see the lock screen.... No you can't just touch the screen as it is off, you either need to swipe up or hit the power button
    2. So if you are in the HUB, and you do the peak (drag up, and then to the right), what happens? Goes to Active frames
    3. When you are in the hub and swipe BACK to the right does it go to the active frames or app you were in? Active Frames again
    4. How loud is the speaker for calls, sounds etc? I love putting mp3 sounds for my ringtones etc, wanted to see the speaker quality. Not too loud, I think the 9900 was louder
    5. Backgrounds, I saw a background for behind the apps, what about the lock screen? Lock screen has the same background as the one behind the apps
    6. Has anybody setup box or dropbox to auto upload photos to backup? Have not set that up..

Thanks guys.
    02-05-13 10:20 PM
    Grabbed 2 Z10s today! A black for myself and a white for my mom. I'm in the midst of setting up emails and such but I'm totally loving the OS...and flow! The whole thing is so easy to understand and get a hang of, I can't believe some people would think this was hard to figure out. There are a few features that can be improved but nothing that I can't wait for in an update. Everything else in the device is more than enough to satisfy me until an update. Can't wait to finish the set up and get onto the other goodies.
    02-06-13 12:05 AM
    Same...like most everything about it. The native FB app works perfectly and is identical to iPhone, Angry Birds is great and overall performance is above my expectations...well done.
    02-06-13 12:16 AM
    Very pleased with the Z10 so far. I actually used the bootloader on my Dev Alpha yesterday, so I was lucky enough to get a sneak peek before my wife took delivery of hers this morning. A few quick impressions:
    1. The Z10 is FAST. I didn't mind how my Dev Alpha A ran (basically PlayBook hardware), but the Z10 FLIES. Very smooth.
    2. LTE rocks. I'd had no experience with it previously. Thoroughly jealous that my wife now gets to enjoy it and I don't
    3. Wife picked up that CaseMate case with the Zebrawood. VERY solid, very nice.
    4. BlackBerry Link provides a terrific experience. Plug your new Z10 into your computer, and your PC should find the software automatically (though it may take a few minutes). Transferring from her rather loaded 9900 took maybe 15 minutes, and that was really only because we had just one micro-USB handy (if you have two cables, both the "old" phone and the "new" one can connect at the same time, and the transfer can work directly).
    5. The selection of ringtones kind of sucks, but that's easy enough to address.
    6. ALL of her co-workers were wowed by the keyboard when she showed it off.
    02-06-13 12:25 AM
    Same...like most everything about it. The native FB app works perfectly and is identical to iPhone, Angry Birds is great and overall performance is above my expectations...well done.
    Anyone found how to Poke on FB app? And what about fb chat? It's just "Messages" now right?
    02-06-13 08:40 PM
29 12