So I will finally have my work account activated on Z10 and I have a few questions :
    1) do I have to activate BES service with my mobile operator like we have to do with legacy devices ? My IT admin tells me yes but I know that Z10 doesn't need it.
    2) I'm using official 10.2.0 release from my operator, and I'm thinking of upgrading to leaked 10.2.1, is there a way to get my account working after update without me requesting another activation password from my IT admin? Can backup and restore do the trick ?
    3) will I loose my work account if I update to 10.2.1 OTA when released by operator?

Posted via CB10
    01-19-14 12:43 PM
    Anyone ?

Posted via CB10
    01-19-14 02:10 PM
    1. You don't need bes service from your provider.

2. An os update should not require you to reactivate the account when doing official updates. I don't run leaks so I can't confirm if that will be different but I think not.

Posted via CB10
    Crabamer likes this.
    01-19-14 02:29 PM
    So I will finally have my work account activated on Z10 and I have a few questions :
    1) do I have to activate BES service with my mobile operator like we have to do with legacy devices ? My IT admin tells me yes but I know that Z10 doesn't need it.
    2) I'm using official 10.2.0 release from my operator, and I'm thinking of upgrading to leaked 10.2.1, is there a way to get my account working after update without me requesting another activation password from my IT admin? Can backup and restore do the trick ?
    3) will I loose my work account if I update to 10.2.1 OTA when released by operator?

Posted via CB10
    1. That's carrier dependent. AT&T no longer requires BES Plans on BB10 devices but they still do on Legacy units.
    2. No. Installing a leak will wipe the device so you will need another BES Activation password.
    3. No. OTA will not lose the the work account.
    Crabamer likes this.
    01-19-14 02:35 PM

Posted via CB10
    #1. Tell your IT admin that requirement for a special BES data plan isn't required for a device using Balance. The only exception I am aware of is If you use a regulated mode device (no personal space) then there was talk of a special regulated plan, but I don't know if they ever went into full swing. Unless you are using regulated mode (which would be a shame) then you are safe with a normal data plan.

#2. Any time you wipe your device, you need to get it reactivated with the BES. Even if you do a restore with no BES, your normal accounts need you to re-enter your password as that information isn't backed up in a BlackBerry link backup for security reasons.

#3. No - normal non-leak updates maintain all accounts so you are safe to do a normal update (even through Sachesi). You only have to worry if you wipe your device like with a leak.

Posted via CB10 on a Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.1925
    Crabamer likes this.
    01-19-14 02:38 PM
    Thanks all !

Posted via CB10
    01-19-14 03:32 PM