Just got done playing with the new version of Link that has 2-way outlook contact and calendar sync.

Contact sync works
    Calendar sync does NOT (verified by a few stray posts here and there, and by ME today)

Well, we're HALF of the way there. Progress for sure. the update didn't appear as an update via link. I DLd it from BB and installed the new version over my existing link installation.

A backup appeared to be a little more zippy than it was before, at least it seemed that way for me.

DLd from here .
    bungaboy likes this.
    06-06-13 07:05 PM
    Why don't you configure your BlackBerry to sync wireless with a service instead?

Posted via CB10
    06-06-13 07:26 PM
    Why don't you configure your BlackBerry to sync wireless with a service instead?

Posted via CB10
    Well, I'm old school. I'm just not quite into the "cloud" thing. I prefer it all remaining on disks/machines that I have control over. Also, due to the nature of my work, I DO receive info on my personal BB. I just have to do some due diligence with this info. Clouding it just doesn't seem "good" to me.

again, I'm just an old fart.... not quite into the cloud stuff yet.
    bungaboy likes this.
    06-06-13 07:31 PM
    I noticed it does not copy notes over either

And when you do a universal search for items in notes are not populated into search results .

I miss this feature as it was handy to look up S/N I had in notes

Heineken Commercial. Now we wait.

Posted via CB10. BlackBerry Z10
    06-06-13 07:36 PM

Posted via CB10
    Plus it works like garbage. You have to run dual calendars, the update from phone thru the cloud back to the desktop only works if you force an update. Not to mention getting your outlook to outlook connector to cloud to phone takes a ton of work to get working. I think people who are suggestion this are using cloud based email clients and so it's alot less trouble and it works cleaner. If you use a stand alone outlook this work around is terrible IMHO.
    06-07-13 09:01 AM
    What I cant figure out is , how we were suppose to know there was an update to the Link software, as nothing on the Z10 indicated , there was an update available. Only reason I found out was by checking the posts on Crackberry.. That is awfully strange.
    And yea, mine only transferred contacts to outlook 2007, didn't do a damn thing for the calendar events.
    06-07-13 09:10 AM
    Contacts and calendar synced fine for me. my new calendar entries on the Z were properly imported into outlook. What was odd in the Z is the contact apps which used to be called "local" now has the name of my synced computer.
    06-07-13 09:33 AM