So i talking with a friend the other day who said he never heard of whatsapp.
    This reminded me when some BB10 said that they don't care if whatsapp was released for BB10 because they hate whatsapp, think it's useless and don't use it.
    Yeah so I'm just wondering.
    How didn't hear about it while everyone uses it :/?
    AND WHY THE **** WOULD YOU THINK THAT A FREE TEXTING APP SUCKS -_-?

Posted via CB10
    03-26-13 02:33 PM
    I don't use it. I don't know what the purpose of if is honestly.

Posted via Crackberry Z10
    Savior4Life likes this.
    03-26-13 02:36 PM
    I don't use it. I don't know what the purpose of if is honestly.

Instead of paying money for every text you send, you can text for free.. that's good for me

Posted via CB10
    03-26-13 02:38 PM
    Instead of paying money for every text you send, you can text for free.. that's good for me

Posted via CB10
    I do use it. But no its not free. You have to purchase the app and have a data plan.
    I use it daily. Others hate it. Diff strokes I guess.

Posted via CB10 on my Z10 Oreo
    03-26-13 02:43 PM
    The main reason why I don`t use whatsapp are the privacy conditions and the security issues from the past.
    I`ll take care for my contacts (privat/business) and I�m not interested to transfer all of them to a service to save some cents - nothing is for free!
    here in America 99.9% of all plans that allow a smartphone (z10, iphone, android, etc..) include unlimited texting
    Savior4Life likes this.

Posted via CB10
    Ah okay. I have unlimited texting so I'll pass. Lol

03-26-13 02:44 PM
    The main reason why I don`t use whatsapp are the privacy conditions and the security issues from the past.
    I`ll take care for my contacts (privat/business) and I�m not interested to transfer all of them to a service to save some cents - nothing is for free!
    Yes. This is massive since they are essentially uploading your phone book in some manner to their database. Didn't they get into some privacy issues here in Canada with this?

03-26-13 02:45 PM
    WhatsApp is ideal for people with International contacts. For the majority of people with local only contacts, WhatsApp does not have the same appeal and therefore can be seen as "useless". In North America anyways, almost all smartphone plans now include unlimited text messaging. Rewind 5 years ago when text messaging was at a premium and roughly $25/2500 sent messages (that's the plan I had with Rogers in Canada for the longest time), things like BBM and later WhatsApp were very attractive as they barely used any of your data plan, which at the time in Canada was required for any smartphone, and were available for a small yearly service fee (BBM was included with your BlackBerry plan but WhatsApp was a $2.99 yearly subscription I believe). Now, unless you want the instant receipt notification, or have international contacts, WhatsApp is less appealing. To be honest, I'm not even sure why I have it on my phone, as I only message 2 contacts with it and both are local so text messaging would be fine. I guess its an old habit lol
    ErinnM likes this.
    03-26-13 02:48 PM
    Wow.. that explains a lot.. they still charge us for texts here -_-
    That's why we use whatsapp.
    I hate middle Eastern companies

Posted via CB10
    03-26-13 02:55 PM
    Not all smart phone data plans have unlimited texting. On AT& T the unlimited grandfathered data plan did not have texting. I had the 200 text addition and when I got the Z10 I was told that was no longer available and I had a choice to pay $10 for 1000 text or $20 for unlimited. Since I never went over the monthly 200 I chose the $10 plan. So I do not think it is true for all carriers that "90% offer unlimited texting".

Coming from the BB 9800 I had never used this app. I downloaded but have not tried using it yet.
    03-26-13 02:59 PM
    Wow.. that explains a lot.. they still charge us for texts here -_-
    That's why we use whatsapp.
    I hate middle Eastern companies

Posted via CB10
    Think I pay about $5 for 2500 texts with Rogers. It's decent but whatsapp is a nice way to show each conversation. I'm not a fan of having my text app filled with hundreds of separate txts. Also whatsapp let's me message friends and family out of country for no additional charge. I don't think any of us like our phone companies Lol.

03-26-13 03:00 PM
    Think I pay about $5 for 2500 texts with Rogers. It's decent but whatsapp is a nice way to show each conversation. I'm not a fan of having my text app filled with hundreds of separate txts. Also whatsapp let's me message friends and family out of country for no additional charge. I don't think any of us like our phone companies Lol.

You can group messages from the same contact into a single conversation. Saves on having your text app filled with hundreds of separate texts. This has been an option on BlackBerry since OS4.6 I believe, but OS5.0 for sure.

And, yes, the international contacts is where WhatsApp becomes more appealing than text messaging.
    03-26-13 03:11 PM
    Funny thing is, my friends that went to an iPhone, don't have data associated to their plans or believe they don't have data on their plans (I find it hard to believe someone would buy an iPhone to use as a text only phone, but I digress).

So when I tell them about Whatsapp, they say oh, I don't have data, so would only be able to chat via wifi.

So now I'm stuck having to increase my text limit cause these folks think their iPhone text messages are better than Whatsapp or BBM for that matter.

Just one more reason for me to hate the iPhone as it forces you to pay even more to the carriers for increased text plans

Posted via CB10
    03-26-13 03:18 PM
    Not all smart phone data plans have unlimited texting. On AT& T the unlimited grandfathered data plan did not have texting. I had the 200 text addition and when I got the Z10 I was told that was no longer available and I had a choice to pay $10 for 1000 text or $20 for unlimited. Since I never went over the monthly 200 I chose the $10 plan. So I do not think it is true for all carriers that "90% offer unlimited texting".
    Coming from the BB 9800 I had never used this app. I downloaded but have not tried using it yet.
    yea you fall into the .01% because on my grandfathered plan before I switched to different carrier, I still had unlimited texting and data
    03-26-13 03:28 PM
    Here we pay 0.99 for each text.. if it's longer than 75 characters, we pay double

Posted via CB10
    03-26-13 03:37 PM