This is a question for you hardcore tech guys that know what they are doing... Is it possible to change APN through z10's engineering screen because I did notice an option there under General Radio that says "Set APN Name" is that where I would put the address?
    04-08-13 03:17 PM
    How do you get to that screen? I'd like to change my apn as well

Posted via CB10
    04-08-13 06:26 PM
    How to access the engineering (Help Me!) screen on BlackBerry 10

http://crackberry.com/how-access-eng...-blackberry-10
    04-08-13 06:30 PM
    Thanks... tried it but the after typing the code, nothing happens

Posted via CB10
    04-08-13 07:45 PM
    Ok I got it, but even though I can edit the apn, it reverts back to blackberry.net10

Posted via CB10
    04-08-13 08:25 PM
    tried again, still the same even without the sim installed it stays as to what i set it, but when i put the sim back in, it reverts to blackberry.net10

and under data services field nothing shows up
    04-09-13 04:08 PM
    hmm its this sim card not you old card with BIS data enabled?

or maby some old settings in backup from you old bb transfered to zed10
    04-09-13 04:21 PM
    No, the reason I think it does that is because the APN settings are pushed onto the phone through the SIM, and has higher priority than the APN you set manually, that's probably why it reverts back to blackberry.net.

hmm its this sim card not you old card with BIS data enabled?

or maby some old settings in backup from you old bb transfered to zed10
    04-09-13 04:49 PM
    Hi Guys,

Can you not change the APN by going into Settings>Network Connections>Mobile Network and then Tapping APN at the bottom?
    04-09-13 05:48 PM
    No they are locked to the device through last used SIM now.

Posted via CB10
    04-10-13 08:41 PM
    Okay here is my Z10 situation.

I own a TELUS Z10 and unlocked it today. My APN is sp.telus.com when my TELUS sim card is in.

After I read today that using a different sim card in the phone is not working for some people, I quickly tested it with my Roam Mobility sim card.

And when the Roam Mobility sim card in my Z10 I now have this as my APN

fast.t-mobile.com

So am I good to use this in the US when I go to Chicago at the end of the month?
    Attached Thumbnails Need someone smart to help change APN through z10 Engineering Screen-img_00000145.jpg  
    04-11-13 01:56 AM
    Yes, there is no issue because APN settings on the Z10 are pushed through the SIM card. People want to change their APN on their existing sim cards while traveling so they can save on data charges.

I own a TELUS Z10 and unlocked it today. My APN is sp.telus.com when my TELUS sim card is in.

After I read today that using a different sim card in the phone is not working for some people, I quickly tested it with my Roam Mobility sim card.

fast.t-mobile.com

So am I good to use this in the US when I go to Chicago at the end of the month?
    04-12-13 01:32 AM

fast.t-mobile.com

Actually, it won't work. I'm in the US right now with a ROAM SIM. Yes, my phone is unlocked. So, here is the issue. Using roam you will pick up whatever provider network you are at, in the ROAM resold network. Your case is T-Mobile... As is mine in Phoenix. When you jump on this it sets the provider (T-Mobiles) APN. However, this needs to be switched to the APN of ROAM. As you can't do this, your screwed. Voice and TXT will work, but not data.

Now, I get free Wi-Fi at the resort so I'm using this as the data connection, but when I leave, I have no data. If you go to the ROAM site and look up ROAM and Blackberry you will find a help post verifying what I just wrote...

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
    fizi and Kennedy.L like this.
    04-12-13 09:11 AM
    Actually, it won't work. I'm in the US right now with a ROAM SIM. Yes, my phone is unlocked. So, here is the issue. Using roam you will pick up whatever provider network you are at, in the ROAM resold network. Your case is T-Mobile... As is mine in Phoenix. When you jump on this it sets the provider (T-Mobiles) APN. However, this needs to be switched to the APN of ROAM. As you can't do this, your screwed. Voice and TXT will work, but not data.

So would picking up an ATT (or any carrier) sim card with a prepaid data plan work instead?

Now, I get free Wi-Fi at the resort so I'm using this as the data connection, but when I leave, I have no data. If you go to the ROAM site and look up ROAM and Blackberry you will find a help post verifying what I just wrote...

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
    04-18-13 11:18 PM