Hello Crackberry guru's,

I am looking for some guidance. We have been upgrading our users to Z10's and Q10's however our Infrastructure team that relies heavily on our paging system is left on old devices (OS 7 and earlier).

When the Z10s first came out I tested email escalation by using Oulook rules to only show emails with a certain subject line and by adding custom ring tones for the email address it comes from in the contact list. The testing worked as long as the phone was used but once it was left "over night" untouched the custom ring tone stopped until the phone was unlocked.

We put off any more testing because it was rumored Level 1 escalation was returning for 10.2. Once we could upgrade our test device to 10.2.0.424 (OS 10.2.0.1791) we tried it again. Same test plan as before and as long as the device is used, the custom ring tone would work, until we left it over night. Again it stops these notifications until the phone is unlocked with the password.

We thought 10.2 was going to solve our issue but it does not. We also tested apps like emergency alert but it is not to our liking. We are looking for help on what can be done, either by the device or by our Blackberry Device Server (10.1.3) that will allow the ring tones to work all the time.
    10-28-13 10:04 AM
    Hi welcome to CrackBerry! And yes I agree with you there are bugs on this OS when it comes to when it being locked down, and things not working. Have you tested 1767? I decided to stick with that for now as it seems to be less buggy running on different MDM tho, not BES.
    10-28-13 10:09 AM
    Have you tested 1767?
    I did load 10.2.1.#### but I can't remember which leak. Unfortunately I'm looking for a solution that will work for about a team of 40 devices and can't rely on leaked OS versions to solve the issue.

Thank you for the quick reply. Ultimately I'm leaning towards changing the monitoring system. Apparently it has a BES connection to send directly to PIN and not email.
    10-28-13 10:36 AM
    Quick update...

I modified my policy to not require a password. I then configured the device with the same ringtones/settings. Of course this did not fix the issue but seemed to give some insight to the issue.

After some time the phone went into a "Workspace is locked" mode. During this mode the custom ringtones quit working. It appears that entering the password hid this message so it was not clear this is what is happening.
    10-28-13 09:35 PM
    That is odd, bumping you to see if anyone can help

Sent from my zipaligned and deodexed own custom ROM on HTC One X
    10-30-13 03:22 AM
    As an update, I am testing the EMM Regulated mode. This avoids the Blackberry Balance and the "Lock workspace after x mins" setting. There is a $10 Carrier fee to put it on your dataplan but if it works it wouldn't be an issue according to management. Also looks like we could take advantage of some extra polices in BES that are for Workspace only.
    10-31-13 10:11 AM