hello my friend bought a z10 off of swappa 6 months or so ago and he came to me last night with a dead phone. hold down the power button and red led then nothing. so i have heard of this before i took the battery out and connected to computer with link and did a reinstall of the os. well half way through it give me an error about my usb port so i do what it tells me and i retry well after trying all 12 of my usb ports i still have a phone that will not accept a reinstall of the os. so now when you try to boot the phone the led blinks 1,3,2. i have also tried it on my macbook pro and it does basically the same thing. it just says can't communicate with device after a few min of the os install. has anyone heard of this? if so is it dead?
    10-23-14 09:12 AM
    Ok I am not making promisses but you can try this. You'll need:
    • A very stable surface;
    • A new USB cable (or an old one that fits properly and doesn't wobble;
    • A Windows PC;
    • An autoloader

Charge the device on for about an hour. Set the PC/laptop/Z10 on the stable surface. Download the autoloader for whatever OS your friend wants. With the Z10 turned off, plug it to the PC and wait till Link asks to reinstall the OS. When it does, minimize Link and run the autoloader.

Best of luck!
    10-23-14 09:53 AM
    Also, you can try an autoloader as suggested but REMOVE the battery and leave it out as you begin the autoloader process.

Good luck.
    diegonei likes this.
    10-23-14 10:02 AM