Okay so I just got my Z10, set it up on exchange and I'm having the following "problems/features" growing pains.

1. The email by default syncs (read as throws into the email box) items in Inbox, Drafts, Sent Items and Deleted Items. bb support hasn't been helpful at all. I go into every screen I can find and I can't uncheck the sync box for sent/deleted folders; which is what I think I need to do.

2. I know BIS is gone, but I loved the old ability to be able to say only forward mail from "these users", cut down on spam quite a bit. I also loved the ability to delete a message on my phone and just leave the message on the server to read later. I tend to use my phone's email as for emergencies and not all email.

Does anyone have any work arounds for either of these...mostly #1 though or is it just time to go to the fruit side?

Brian
    09-12-13 02:29 PM
    1) Seems like some folders are sync'ed by default and cannot be disabled. On mine it is Inbox, Drafts and Sent Items. Deleted Items is optional. I don't know if this is a requirement from Exchange ActiveSync (EAS) or it is a BB design descission.

2) Well ... ActiveSync is now the new kid on the block. In some ways it is much easier for BlackBerry as they need only to implement the client side. ActiveSync is in many ways limited as it only support 1:1 sync and no access to public folders, ressource mailboxes, other users folders (like calendar etc).

Spam should be handled before it ever reaches your mailbox.

I know this is very little helpfull with regards to your questions/needs - sorry!
    09-12-13 02:55 PM
    According to bb support there should be an option to unsync sent/deleted, but it's not avail on my phone or grayed out. It says to go into email via hub and select the email so all the folders appear. navigate to the sent folder and hold over the folder until a menu comes from the left with an unsync button....but I only have an add folder option. Even under the sync email options, I can't unselect deleted or sent items. Maybe yours will let you change your action, but having all my emails in hub including deleted and sent is a deal breaker for me....no one else in the business has this problem with Samsung/Apple/etc....
    09-12-13 03:06 PM