Hi, this is my first post so please be gentle. I bought a used Verizon Z10 STL100-4(via the CB marketplace forum). The Verizon store gave me a clean new SIM, as my old phone was pre-SIM 3G. The phone never gets past "SIM activation in progress", and in Settings/Networks/Mobile, the only entry in "Available Networks" is "Verizon Wireless 4g LTE - Voice Only".

I've gone through VZ online help a few times, with multiple various restart/clean/reload/reboot/reactivate/etc cycles over the past week or so, with no noticeable change.

Yes, Mobile Network is on, Data Services is on, Network Tech is Global (I also tried LTE/CDMA).

Any suggestions before I fork over $$ to BBRY support? Software release is 10.2.1.2976 (OS is 10.2.1.3253), if that helps.

Thanks in advance.
    01-19-15 05:17 PM
    Just to save you the hassle of paying BlackBerry. If the device does work and it clearly shows that it does, shows the entry in "Available Networks" is "Verizon Wireless 4g LTE - Voice Only". The provisioning is totally dependant on the carrier. There is not too much BB can do other than recommending a wipe and speak with the carrier. Curious though. Does your NEW sim fit into your old device? If so just humor us and try the SIM there, see if it latches onto the data network.
    Last edited by MobileMadness002; 01-19-15 at 05:55 PM. Reason: Do not know where I got T-Mobile from.......
    01-19-15 05:53 PM
    So the carrier is in fact CDMA primary,

Network
    Digital (CDMA/PCS)/1x,
    EVDO Rev A, LTE (Band 13)
    Global (GPRS/EDGE/GSM(850/900/1800/1900)
    HSPA/UMTS(900/2100

Which means that the device HAS to be entered into the carrier database and activated on your service plan, do you know if the store agent did this for you?
    01-19-15 06:01 PM
    The old phone (Droid X) doesn't have a SIM slot, so I can't try it there. I do also have a jetpack subscription; I wonder if I can convince them to let me try switching the SIMs between the two (if the two use the same size SIM) ...

I think the rep at the VZW store must have associated the SIM and phone with my account, as the subsequent online help chat reps have seen the IMEI and SIM id.

There does seem to be some attempt at a connection; I put another (new) VZW SIM into the phone to try and verify that it's not due to having a bad SIM, and the phone gave me some message about the SIM being rejected -- I don't recall exactly the wording.

As you suggest, I'm a bit wary of going to BBRY support, as there is definitely a voice connection (i.e., I can dial a number, and I get the "Welcome to VZW, please wait while we transfer you to an external operator where you can pay through the nose to complete the call" message. And having spent a fair amount of time with the VZW folks, I rather expect the ultimate message to be, "uh, sorry, we tried everything in the 'How To Fix Simple Things' script our supervisors gave us, try Verizon support."
    01-19-15 07:47 PM
    SOLVED!!! Breathtakingly simple solution, courtesy of the employees at a different VZW store: put the SIM in a different phone, let it activate, then pop it back into my Z10. Love the phone so far -- how did I ever survive without BB Hub (or, for that matter, LTE)?
    FF22 likes this.
    01-30-15 04:49 PM
    Welcome to cRACKBERRY and thanks for finishing up with the solution.
    01-30-15 09:29 PM
    Glad to hear you got the problem addressed. Now enjoy your new (to you) phone.
    02-01-15 10:46 AM