I just ran into a problem.
    I want to Backup the contacts which are on my Z10 and I can't figure out how to do this.
    I don't have any emails etc linked to my Z10 contacts. I switched on Gmail contacts and Outlook mail contact sync but they will only new sync new contacts not the ones which are already on my Z10.
    My next attempt is to backup to my Mac. Turns out that the Link software only backs up to the Mac address book, but it says that the first time it will do a one way sync from my Mac Address book to my Z10. I don't have any contacts on my Mac and the only updated contact list I have is on my Z10. How in he11s name do I backup the contacts from the Z10?
    Any ideas?
    04-04-13 03:39 PM
    that's the problem with blackberry link, so far you cannot backup contacts only ,and when the new bb link got updated they added the function of one way sync only from outlook to link but not the other way around however they have claimed that 2 way sync will be available soon.
    there are so many workarounds i came across with the bb10 contacts but still annoying ! actually my first experience i had to add them 1 by 1 from Vcards lukily i only had 100 contacts lol
    04-05-13 03:00 AM
    Use Gmail to sync contacts than you can backup from Gmail to some other device or outlook.
    04-05-13 04:10 AM
    I've tried and given up many times... just waiting for an update..

Sigh..

Posted via CB10
    04-05-13 04:18 AM
    When you login at www.google.com/contacts with your gmail username and password do you see them all?
    04-05-13 05:06 AM
    When you login at www.google.com/contacts with your gmail username and password do you see them all?
    No.
    Since my BlackBerry contacts were never synced with Google, the contacts I already have in my phone are not synced with Google. There is a new category for contacts in address books which is Google contacts. If I add a new contact however that is immediately pushed to Google. It's the existing ones that are causing the heartache.

Posted via CB10
    04-05-13 06:18 AM
    IntouchApp for BB10 will soon support full 2-way sync (that is, it will do backup also).
    04-05-13 07:57 AM
    IntouchApp for BB10 will soon support full 2-way sync (that is, it will do backup also).
    Hopefully they do that. Because it just occured to me that since Protect doesnt backup contacts anymore, if I lose my phone I'd be SOL without my contacts.
    Does the entire device backup using link backup contacts? I don't see the option of just backing up contacts.
    04-05-13 10:05 AM
    I keep deleting and restoring my Gmail contacts account but can't seem to get them to sync. It's actually stating to worry me because I can't just just back up my contacts straight from my phone like I could on the bold. I miss blackberry protects back up feature. Post after post about this same topic, but I can't find any concrete solutions

Posted via CB10
    04-05-13 10:05 AM
    Anyone else having one way sync issues? Changes I make on line never make it to the device. But vice versa shows instantly.

Posted via CB10
    04-05-13 02:09 PM
    Anyone else having one way sync issues? Changes I make on line never make it to the device. But vice versa shows instantly.

Posted via CB10
    I didn't have that problem. Changes I made in Gmail contacts or Outlook mail contacts came through.
    Wait, I had configured a Cardav account set to manual sync. What I would do then is add a test contact online and then refresh the account in the hub and the contact would appear.

Posted via CB10
    04-06-13 09:57 AM
    Okay I changed to Manuel sync, went to hub and refresh. Still can't see changes made online. Unless refresh takes a while.

Posted via CB10
    04-06-13 08:00 PM
    Just an update since Ive seen that this shows up on google near the top.

Intouch backup now supports backing up and restoring contacts, and blackberry protect will have it soon if not already (I'm going to install 10.1 and double check)
    05-02-13 12:33 AM
    I found this on the Blackberry website:

Your SIM card can store contact names and phone numbers. Copying contacts to and from your SIM card allows you to easily transfer contacts from one device to another. When you insert a SIM card in your BlackBerry device, you can view contacts that are stored on the SIM card in your contact list. You can copy the SIM card contacts to your device memory so that the contacts are available to you even if the SIM card is removed.

You can also use BlackBerry Link to back up your contacts on a computer.

Copy contacts to and from your SIM card - How To - BlackBerry Z10 Smartphone - 10.0.0
    05-04-13 05:21 AM
    05-04-13 05:51 AM
    How soon do you think BB will fix this import/export contact issue? I'm afraid to get rid of my Bold 9700 (OS 6) because I had to manually enter all my contacts (285!) onto my z10 (OS 10). Sim card transfer only gives you partial names (if they're long), 3 phone numbers and 1 email address per contact. No notes, birthdays, addresses, etc. I bought a wireless keyboard and it took a LONG time to re-enter all that data. bummer......
    05-30-13 02:06 AM
    Why dont try using intouchid?
    You can download it from bb world. Its cross platform.
    05-30-13 02:14 AM
    I just ran into a problem.
    I want to Backup the contacts which are on my Z10 and I can't figure out how to do this.
    I don't have any emails etc linked to my Z10 contacts. I switched on Gmail contacts and Outlook mail contact sync but they will only new sync new contacts not the ones which are already on my Z10.
    My next attempt is to backup to my Mac. Turns out that the Link software only backs up to the Mac address book, but it says that the first time it will do a one way sync from my Mac Address book to my Z10. I don't have any contacts on my Mac and the only updated contact list I have is on my Z10. How in he11s name do I backup the contacts from the Z10?
    Any ideas?
    Z10 is the worst mobile I have ever had in the BlackBerry series since it started. No backup for for my 1780 contacts, no group messaging which was available in previous BlackBerrys.. and always hoping to get updates to solve the problems. I have tried with Etisalat for a solution but as I understand it is out of their hand and waiting for BlackBerry to solve the problem... why to bother then? An Android or IPHONE are by far more better!
    poiznberry and Allen Sutedja like this.
    06-29-13 04:25 AM
    Its f*king unveliebable.
    We got no reliable tool for making a simple, basic, vital, contact's backup.

Why do I have to upload my PRIVATE contacts list to an 3rd party app to get things done?
    Why we cannot choose just only backup/restore contatcs with BB Link (as the old Desktop Manager does)?
    Why we cannot simply export vcards?
    Why do I have to sync sensitive data to an email account?
    Why we cannot manage (clean dupped, merge, etc) our contacts list in a proper way (ie Contacts Manager embeded in BB Link)?
    BB Link is actually a PITA to say the truth, and urgently needs a revamp.
    07-16-13 07:24 PM
    I also tried, but could not find a way to backup My Phone book, SMS, BBM.... on my Q5 BB10.

WIll the old method of Blackberry Desktop manager work on BB10 ?
    01-22-14 01:27 AM
    I also tried, but could not find a way to backup My Phone book, SMS, BBM.... on my Q5 BB10.

WIll the old method of Blackberry Desktop manager work on BB10 ?
    The Desktop Software does NOT work for bb10 devices.

Try UNinstalling BB Link (some folks runs registry cleaners after to make sure it is all gone), then REinstall it. Some folks have turned off WIFI on the phone. What version of Windows to you have?

Also check out Firechest (free on bbworld) to backup/restore data.

Also try Sachesi for backup.
    01-22-14 09:00 AM
    I use the following programs to backup these items.

ContactX for Contacts
    SMS Backup for SMS/MMS

I believe BBM restores itself the first time you log into BBM.

Posted via CB10
    01-22-14 09:08 AM
    I use intouchapp too, waiting for BlackBerry link to have another update an do will try again with it...

Digicel Jamaica Official10.2.1.1925 release
    01-22-14 10:26 AM
    I use intouchapp too, waiting for BlackBerry link to have another update an do will try again with it...

Digicel Jamaica Official10.2.1.1925 release
    It's been a few months since this forum was running with this question.
    I was looking online for answers all afternoon yesterday and started to manually go through my contacts. Manually going through them actually did me good to merge and fix certain entries. But it took soooo long.

One option was: Open the contact. click 'more' at the bottom right corner and it slides a short directory open from the right. You could click 'share' and email or send the the contact to an email address or BBM, etc. You could also select "copy to..." and it copies it to one or all (depending what you select) contacts based on your email listed.
    That worked for me quite well. But the time and effort??

It would be nice to be able to export as a vCard.
    Both Contacts X and Intouch that you all mentioned above might be a good work around. Only problem is if it will take all the info, including 'notes' from the contact??

Thanks all for you help above!!
    07-18-14 04:37 PM
    You can also check Backup Pro (by Firechest and in the past, known with that name).
    FireChestApps likes this.
    07-18-14 05:25 PM
32 12