Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By camlowe
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default need to export contacts from Z10

I have unsorted contacts everywhere. outlook, google etc.
    I have managed to sync up my Z10 with google apps - calendar contacts etc and then to ical on my macbook. getting a sync to outllok mac 2011 is still an issue, sync services are not working.
    what i would like to do is export my filed and perfect contacts from my Z10 to a csv or compatible file to then import into google, outlook etc. I cant see how to do this and have not found any luck on line. anyone know how?
    Current: Black Z10 + 64 Gig Playbook / Previous: Bold 9900, Sony S Tablet with Android ICS 4.1 (use for bedroom clock now), Bold 9000, iPhone 3GS (use for some travel + as an iPod), BB 8700 (best phone ever, track wheel!)

I don't think that's how it works. I'm pretty sure on my Nexus 4 there was no way to do it because linked contacts are still separate contacts, just displayed as one by the phone. I remember having that issue when I sold the N4 and bought the Z10, but I just ended up linking my contacts manually. Actually, I found that u only needed to do a few. The phone was smart enough in linking the overall majority, which was a pleasant surprise considering Android only linked 1 or 2 automatically.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  

Im not worried about links etc. I just went through my contacts on my phone as it is my master and most updated list, made sure all catagroies are correct. I now need to export those contacts to a file somehow to import into other programs
    Current: Black Z10 + 64 Gig Playbook / Previous: Bold 9900, Sony S Tablet with Android ICS 4.1 (use for bedroom clock now), Bold 9000, iPhone 3GS (use for some travel + as an iPod), BB 8700 (best phone ever, track wheel!)
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #4  

i figured out i can bluetooth them or email them but there is an issue. the Z10 will not export any contacts that you have made links internally. just awesome, I spent about 2 hours linking all my contacts twitter, face books etc. not sure if i should unlink just to export or if there is another way. that would be a lot of work again.
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    3218B92A

im not certain but if you're using gmail on the phone you should have them automatically linked to gmail with all the info, if you have contact sync turned on
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #6  

i am synced with google apps thru active sync and it works great for calendars and contacts, but it only syncs a newly added contact, it didnt take my existing contacts from my phone and sync them, which i thought it would.
    CrackBerry Newbie

May be a little late to post, but just saw Contact X app for the same issue and works great. More than worth the couple bucks.
    eninrebmun likes this.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    442 Global Posts

Contact X or PIM Backup and Restore (both $1.99) will create a .vcf file.

Make sure you have some backups before you start doing any consolidating in case you need to reverse something.

To consolidate contacts on one sync'd account (i.e. - gmail):
    1--You can remove any sync'd accounts (this will take these contacts off of your device)
    2--Use one of the apps above to export device contacts to a .vcf file
    3-- You can then import the .vcf file to gmail
    4-- You should be able to easily export contacts from other sync'd accounts and import to gmail
    NOTE: I don't think either of the apps listed export to "csv" ...... they both export to "vcf" files. Outlook.com email will not deal with "vcf".... it uses "csv". I think google and yahoo will handle either .... not positive.

This is just one way or example........... hope this helps!!!!
    Last edited by duckduke; 05-12-2013 at 11:38 PM.