So I've been trying to unlock my phone (1 attempt left). I've contacted bell and spent an hour on the phone with them and they can't seem to sort out what the problem is and suggested I call blackberry directly but said they didn't have a phone number. Which is weird. You'd think they might know a guy over there.

I can't seem to find a phone number for blackberry tech support online and everything firects me back to dealing with my carrier for tech support issues.

Was bell just essentially telling me to eff off? Or does anybody know a number I can call for berry tech support.

Posted via CB10
    02-14-14 06:01 AM
    I'm on T-Mo usa and they not only have their own in-house BBerry techs, but if they can't handle an issue they hitch me up directly with BBerry. Just had an issue two nights ago and was resolved. So, it is unlikely in the extreme your carrier can't connect you to BBerry. Insist.

Where did you get your unlock code? Here's some dope off the site of an unlock service:

"Bell Mobility = Unlocking Code can be 8 or 16 digits (Some Phone Model require both Unlocking Code & Service Provider Code)."
    02-14-14 06:08 AM
    Did you forget your BB ID password? You may reset your password here: https://blackberryid.blackberry.com/...coverpassword/

--------------------

Screen Timeout app - keep your BB10 screen awake
    02-14-14 06:09 AM
    I got the code from Blackberry Code Source and the guy from bell even confirmed that it is correct but neither of the 8 digit or 16 digit codes worked.

I'm down to the final attempt and they wanted me to call blackberry as they figure it was a hardware issue but the guy just told me to google their phone number. I was shocked

Posted via CB10
    02-14-14 06:26 AM
    BlackBerry doesn't offer you as an end user free tech support. You can contact them but they will charge you a fee. Bell should be able to help you and if they are stumped they should give you a ticket number and escalate your problem directly to BlackBerry at which point BlackBerry will contact you.
    So yes in short the person at Bell is telling you to eff off.

Posted via CB10
    02-14-14 06:30 AM
    Not sure why Bell should help you unlock your phone via an unlock code you got from a third party. Most carriers offer to unlock your phone after you have had it for a few months. You probably would have had more success if you had tried to unlock via Bell. With one last attempt they are supposed to help you and possibly lock up your phone? So then you expect them to replace it or fix it? Your thought process seems a little weird to me or I am not fully understanding your situation.

Posted via CB10
    02-14-14 07:12 AM
    Well when I bought the phone from them at FULL price the day it came out and the guy at the bell store told me to buy the unlock code from that website it didn't seem like such a messed up thought process to me.

Especially when it says under section 29 of my service agreement with them that if the phone was bought outright at the non discounted rate that they "will unlock the phone on request."

Posted via CB10
    02-14-14 07:44 AM
    Look back at my post:

"Bell Mobility = Unlocking Code can be 8 or 16 digits (Some Phone Model require both Unlocking Code & Service Provider Code)." This Service provider code may be your problem.

When you entered the 8 and then the 16 digit codes did either say it was unlocked but... it didn't unlock?
    02-14-14 09:56 AM
    No matter what code I entered all that would happen was my "attempts remaining" went down by 1. No error messages. Nothing. Just "attempts remaining" slowly dwindling down to 1.

Posted via CB10
    02-14-14 10:13 AM
    Right, but one of those codes + Service Provider Code will work. But you need both. Problem is you only have one shot left.

If you bought your phone from Bell there is no reason they can't hitch you up with BBerry -- free. Get a supervisor on the phone. Go American on her. Also, ask them for the Service Provider Code for your phone. Are the first 8 digits of the 16 digit code the same as the 8 digit code?
    02-14-14 11:00 AM
    Well when I bought the phone from them at FULL price the day it came out and the guy at the bell store told me to buy the unlock code from that website it didn't seem like such a messed up thought process to me.

Especially when it says under section 29 of my service agreement with them that if the phone was bought outright at the non discounted rate that they "will unlock the phone on request."

Posted via CB10
    Bell is 100% responsible for unlocking your phone. I would demand a new phone if they cannot provide an unlock code. It is locked to their network after all.

Posted via CB10
    FF22 likes this.
    02-14-14 12:20 PM
    As indicated, on phones BB does not deal directly with consumers (Playbook was different). So your carrier helps or they connect you to BB.

But I agree with the prior poster, if they did not help you and you wind up with a permanently locked phone they should replace it so you can unlock it.

Good luck
    02-14-14 05:18 PM
    Still don't see why Bell would help him if he got a third party unlock code. Based on what a bell employee said? They are probably not even working there anymore! So, go ask Bell to unlock your phone, but pay them the unlock fee. Then if they mess it up you have a case. Taking it to them after you have input a third party code so there is only one time left doesn't seem right to me. But I seem to be in the minority.

Posted via CB10
    02-14-14 05:25 PM
    Ricketer1.

I don't know why you wouldn't think bell would be responsible for something one of their employees said to me. It seems fairly black letter to me.

The so-called 3rd party unlock code is the same as the bell code. Bell confirmed the code and it still isn't working. I've offered to pay them their full fee but the guy said, why bother, your code is accurate.

So clearly it seems to me that something is wrong. Either with the phone (in which case blackberry should be responsible) or with the carrier (in which case Bell). I don't know how these things work so I don't know whose problem it is.

I just think that the $700 I paid for the phone should get me some bloody respect and some action.

Posted via CB10
    02-15-14 04:52 PM
    So... did you ask them for the service provider code?
    02-15-14 08:05 PM
    Yes. They said that was one of the 8 digit codes I received. It didn't do anything.

Posted via CB10
    02-15-14 10:24 PM
    Yes. They said that was one of the 8 digit codes I received. It didn't do anything.

Posted via CB10
    I suggest you contact a reputable unlocking co and explain what's up. Since that's all they do they may have a clue what's up. Obviously your carrier doesn't.
    02-15-14 10:48 PM
    Yeah. I've also been in touch with the guys that sold me the code. After a few days of no responses they became extremely helpful.

They have confirmed the code with both bell and blackberry.

Just this morning they responded again with a new set of MEP4 codes (a 16 digit code and an 8 digit code being the first of the 16)

With only one attempt left I've sent them an email asking which one to try first.

Anybody know what happens if I get this wrong and run out of attempts. Is the phone screwed. Can it be sent away to be unlocked. Is there anything that can be done or is it bricked?

Posted via CB10
    02-16-14 08:06 AM
    I believe BBerry can unlock. But before you try, you may want to go on the BBerry support forum and ask.

BlackBerry� Z10 - BlackBerry Support Community Forums
    02-16-14 08:10 AM
    I believe BBerry can unlock. But before you try, you may want to go on the BBerry support forum and ask.

BlackBerry� Z10 - BlackBerry Support Community Forums
    02-16-14 08:10 AM
    So I've been trying to unlock my phone (1 attempt left). I've contacted bell and spent an hour on the phone with them and they can't seem to sort out what the problem is and suggested I call blackberry directly but said they didn't have a phone number. Which is weird. You'd think they might know a guy over there.

I can't seem to find a phone number for blackberry tech support online and everything firects me back to dealing with my carrier for tech support issues.

Was bell just essentially telling me to eff off? Or does anybody know a number I can call for berry tech support.

Posted via CB10
    us.blackberry.com/support/programs/technical/existing-customers.html

If you're in the United States call 877-255-2377

If not you hit drop down for your country support number.

They will tell you that you can describe your problem and if they can help it's $15.00 which you can get them to waive if your phone is under one old.

Good luck, their support is amazing, they appreciate us BlackBerry folks are excited to help!

Posted via my BlackBerry Q10 or Z30 on VZW from Philly
    02-16-14 08:19 AM
    Yeah. I've also been in touch with the guys that sold me the code. After a few days of no responses they became extremely helpful.

They have confirmed the code with both bell and blackberry.

Just this morning they responded again with a new set of MEP4 codes (a 16 digit code and an 8 digit code being the first of the 16)

With only one attempt left I've sent them an email asking which one to try first.

Anybody know what happens if I get this wrong and run out of attempts. Is the phone screwed. Can it be sent away to be unlocked. Is there anything that can be done or is it bricked?

Posted via CB10
    Do not enter the code yourself! You will never get a new phone or have your problem fixed. Once you run out of unlock tries.... that's it game over, the phone will not be able to unlock. I would recommend taking the phone to the Bell store. Preferably where purchased and talk to the manager and get them to coordinate with head office. Only then would I let them try and unlock for the very last time! This way if they screwed up there will be witnesses and better chance of getting a new phone. I would make them agree ahead of time too so they don't try and back out last second. If the phone is paid off outright then they are completely responsible for unlocking it.

Posted via CB10
    02-16-14 09:58 AM
    I think you can get the phone "reset" even if you have used your ten tries -- but if you know it's going to lock on your tenth, don't! I think RIM can do it or a company that offers DM3 unlocking.
    02-16-14 10:14 AM
    One month later I got a call back from Bell mobility with a different t unlock code ND this time it worked. My BlackBerry is free and unlocked.

I want to thank the great people at BlackBerry Unlock Source for all of their help.

Posted via CB10
    FF22 likes this.
    03-16-14 07:39 AM
    Great man!
    03-16-14 10:18 AM