Now, this is really baffling and somewhat scary. I just opened my Pictures app on Z10 and found 19 images I have never taken. They were taken in Atlanta, Georgia judging by landmarks. Incidentally, I was in Atlanta two weeks ago but it was a business trip with zero sightseeing. What the heck?
    The only logical possibility I can think of is that image transfer could have been done through NFC, but it is always "off" and, besides, the phones must be really close. Any Sherlock Holmes types on this forum? I need to solve this mystery.

Posted via CB10
    06-19-13 12:07 AM
    Did you get drunk and forget maybe?

Posted via CB10
    06-19-13 12:08 AM
    Apps could do it. Did you download ant Atlanta city guide apps? Check the picture properties to see creation date and their path.
    06-19-13 12:12 AM
    there was a similar post a while aback. search and see if you find it, there were some valid explanations.
    06-19-13 12:14 AM
    Sometimes z10 download photos automatically from your social media timeline. Are you using any of side loaded app... it happened to me with LINE app z10 downloads all images the person I have conversation with and put in unknown folder that cannot be deleted.

Posted via CB10
    06-19-13 12:14 AM
    I think Vspin is correct, I had the sideloaded version of Tumblr and it literally saved every photo that I scrolled past on my dash.

Posted via CB10
    06-19-13 12:21 AM
    Sometimes z10 download photos automatically from your social media timeline. Are you using any of side loaded app... it happened to me with LINE app z10 downloads all images the person I have conversation with and put in unknown folder that cannot be deleted.

Posted via CB10
    I do not have any side loaded apps and, no, I was not drunk and these were personal pictures, not from the city guide. Two of them were of very appetizing burgers on the plate.

Posted via CB10
    06-19-13 12:23 AM
    That's is very odd. Did anyone send you any pics in whatsapp maybe? I know all those gets saved on my z10 all the time.

Posted via CB10
    06-19-13 12:25 AM
    That's is very odd. Did anyone send you any pics in whatsapp maybe? I know all those gets saved on my z10 all the time.

Posted via CB10
    Nope, I don't use whatsapp.

Posted via CB10
    06-19-13 12:27 AM
    Good yummy burger is forgiven.

Posted via CB10
    06-19-13 12:37 AM
    This happened to me ,I am pretty sure it ended up being a wallpaper app. Did not happen again after I deleted it.
    Also happened on my galaxy as a result of a similar app.
    06-19-13 02:17 AM
    I'm still thinking that you were just hammered.....

Sent via my Z10 support your local paramedics run with scissors.
    jason18 likes this.
    06-19-13 08:59 AM
    It was from an app. There is no other explanation. You said you didn't go the places where the pictures were taken, so you didn't take them. Which means someone else had to have. Your phone can't just create pictures of things that never happened
    06-19-13 12:51 PM
    I didn't think anything of this till I saw this thread.

There was a photo on my Q from a launch event the pic was of a T-Mobile employee behind the counter and someone was holding a Q10 box infront of f her.

I know it didn't take the pic but I did remember seeing it on CB.

Thought it was strange that there was a photo like a this already on the phone. But chalked it up as being an advertisement preloaded on the phone.

Posted via CB10
    06-19-13 12:59 PM
    My Z10 also downloads occasional images from apps.

I vote alcohol as well, though. :P

Posted from my T-Mobile Z10, no longer on the Sprint Meh network.
    06-19-13 01:03 PM
    I'm still thinking that you were just hammered.....

Sent via my Z10 support your local paramedics run with scissors.
    I don't think I would go to the Martin Luther King museum (it was one of the shots) while intoxicated

Posted via CB10
    jason18 likes this.
    06-19-13 07:01 PM
    I'm pretty sure these photos are loaded onto the phone by apps. Could be CB10, WhatsApp, Twitter, android side loaded apps, etc.... Just find the folder using the File Manager and delete them. Easiest thing us to delete the whole folder.

Posted via CB10
    06-19-13 07:11 PM
    I'm pretty sure these photos are loaded onto the phone by apps. Could be CB10, WhatsApp, Twitter, android side loaded apps, etc.... Just find the folder using the File Manager and delete them. Easiest thing us to delete the whole folder.

Posted via CB10
    Of course it is easy to delete but want to get to the root cause. The app theory is unlikely because the images were really amateurish, a snapshots, not a pro level that are used for screen savers or wallpapers. Now, I never side loaded apps, I don't use Twitter or Whatsapp although I do have these apps installed.

Posted via CB10
    06-19-13 07:33 PM
    You got a phone that was returned or refurbished, and device memory wasn't properly cleaned?

Lol.. my explanation for what it's worth...

Posted via CB10
    06-19-13 07:37 PM
    And some of the photos in some app can't be deleted and it was placed in unknown folder. Security wipe is only way to delete it.

Posted via CB10
    06-19-13 07:39 PM
    Are the file names in sequence with your other pictures that you have taken. If not what are the file names and does that give any clue?

Posted via CB10
    06-19-13 07:39 PM
    Copy the pictures to a computer and look at the properties. If it shows Z10 as the camera, then you can also see the version number. If not, then it might be from an app.

Posted via CB10
    06-19-13 07:42 PM
    Of course it is easy to delete but want to get to the root cause. The app theory is unlikely because the images were really amateurish, a snapshots, not a pro level that are used for screen savers or wallpapers. Now, I never side loaded apps, I don't use Twitter or Whatsapp although I do have these apps installed.

Posted via CB10
    I hear you, man. It is frustrating. I just deleted mine. I traced it to an Android app for the Economist. Loaded hundreds of photos onto my Z10.

As a troubleshooting suggestion, how about deleting the offending folder and watching for the next time it (or a different one) appears. That might give you a clue to the source of the problem if you have just installed or opened a certain app. Might help to connect the dots...

Posted via CB10
    06-19-13 07:54 PM
    I've seen this happen when I downloaded a few wallpaper apps. You may have downloaded this or some other types of apps that download pictures like Tourist Eye.

The pictures are downloaded and cached on the phone, but show up in the pictures app for some strange reason. I remember when I saw 52 pictures in my pictures app that I didn't recognise. Was a little freaky.

Posted via CB10 on Z10
    06-19-13 08:05 PM
    You got a phone that was returned or refurbished, and device memory wasn't properly cleaned?

Lol.. my explanation for what it's worth...

Posted via CB10
    My phone was not returned or refurbished because I was first in line in the store on a first day of release in Canada which was on Feb5. Only someone on East Coast could have bought his Z10 three hours before me

Posted via CB10
    06-19-13 08:28 PM
28 12