Yesterday I took the day off of work for the z10 being sold here in Vancouver, B.C. I went through 4 cities and 6 malls and all z10's sold out. I finally find one hours later and rushed to Coquitlam from Vancouver to go get. It was the last one. I run into the mall, get to the Koodo kioske out of shape/breathe and forcefully ask the man if the last Z10 was here. He says no, I say OMG, he says LOL just joking, then i called him an ******* jokingly. So I pay for the phone, he opens the box, shows me the beauty and my face blushed. Just thinking FINALLY!! I TOOK THE Z10 HOME, AND THE DAMN THING DOESN'T EVEN TURN ON! I'm kind of a cell phone geek, so i try and try for hours to fix it myself. Finally I had to take it to MetroTown in Burnaby. He tries for about an hour. Asking me the dumbest question like " did you drop it?" and "why didn't the guy at the other mall hook it up for you?" Eventually he says that he can't do anything and that all of the Z10s are sold out in the Greater Vancouver area and that I'm going to have to wait 1-2-3 weeks until they get in more. I'm probably not going to wait that long. I hope nobody else had this problem. Thanks for reading.
    02-06-13 10:34 AM
    1) Battery Pull? I had that problem too... It worked for me. Occasionally happens on all BlackBerries
    2) Plug into computer and see if for some reason your OS is messed up. If so, it'll ask you to repair
    02-06-13 10:37 AM
    In the store when I got mine the batteries were completely dead. Have u tried charging it for a few hours?
    02-06-13 10:41 AM
    Lol yes like i said i'm pretty cell phone savvy. This is a crashed device. Of course I charged the battery and of coarse I tried to hook it up to Blackberry Link
    02-06-13 10:45 AM
    This guy/girl explains in better. I have the exact same problem. "I got the new Blackberry Z10 and im sure this software is corrupt. it stuck on the screen which shows a "Blackberry >> USB and computer screen" i tried hooking it up with the Blackberry link software it reads it for a quick second and then goes away. i have tried the traditional hooking it up to the computer with and without the battery and it wont detect it. i am not sure what else to do. i have checked the blackberry site for the original software but they don't have any available. any help."
    02-06-13 10:48 AM
    Well that sucks. I guess if you can't wait you really didn't want one in the first place. Good luck.
    02-06-13 10:50 AM
    Always power up in the store when you buy a device.
    Cracklen and imcurved like this.
    02-06-13 10:52 AM
    Yesterday I took the day off of work for the z10 being sold here in Vancouver, B.C. I went through 4 cities and 6 malls and all z10's sold out. I finally find one hours later and rushed to Coquitlam from Vancouver to go get. It was the last one. I run into the mall, get to the Koodo kioske out of shape/breathe and forcefully ask the man if the last Z10 was here. He says no, I say OMG, he says LOL just joking, then i called him an ******* jokingly. So I pay for the phone, he opens the box, shows me the beauty and my face blushed. Just thinking FINALLY!! I TOOK THE Z10 HOME, AND THE DAMN THING DOESN'T EVEN TURN ON! I'm kind of a cell phone geek, so i try and try for hours to fix it myself. Finally I had to take it to MetroTown in Burnaby. He tries for about an hour. Asking me the dumbest question like " did you drop it?" and "why didn't the guy at the other mall hook it up for you?" Eventually he says that he can't do anything and that all of the Z10s are sold out in the Greater Vancouver area and that I'm going to have to wait 1-2-3 weeks until they get in more. I'm probably not going to wait that long. I hope nobody else had this problem. Thanks for reading.
    That really sucks. I feel your pain. reminds me of all the 9900 problems when they first came out.

Sent from my BlackBerry Runtime for Android Apps using Tapatalk 2
    02-06-13 10:54 AM
    Always power up in the store when you buy a device.
    Exactly. This is what i do when i get a phone at the store, if the rep does not turn it on, i either turn it on my self or ask them to do it for me. In the rush of the moment, the user most likely forgot to do it.
    tpmbb10 likes this.
    02-06-13 10:55 AM
    Make sure you plug in your USB cable fully. It's really annoying to put in correctly the first few times, but when looking at it from the top, there should be no metal contact visible, and the cable comes out straight. If it's crooked, it isn't put in right.

The reason I say that is because I had a similar problem with my phone not charging and it took me a whole to realize that it wasn't plugged in correctly.

If that's not the reason, then good luck on your exchange. These things happen from time to time with all electronics. It sucks that you happened to be one of the unlucky few
    02-06-13 10:57 AM
    Troll bait?
    02-06-13 11:26 AM
    ...They sold you the dummy display!...

Sent from my BlackBerry 9860 using Tapatalk
    02-06-13 11:31 AM
    When I leave my phone off overnight and I try to power it on in the morning, I have to press my power button several times before it finally comes on. The red light comes on but it still won't turn on, I did a battery pull and it won't come on. I'm wondering if I have a defective phone.
    02-10-13 02:49 PM
    I have a similar problem as Jenny88. If I power off the phone completely, I sometime have a hard time turning it back on. Worst, I turned the Z10 off last night with over 60% battery left. I couldn't power it back on this morning and I finally had to plug it in the charger. The battery had been completely drained.

Posted using CrackBerry App on BB10
    02-10-13 03:01 PM
    Does the LED light up at all? Red or green? Even very shortly? Thanks.

02-10-13 03:07 PM
    Plug it in for a while. Worked for me... I killed the battery.

02-10-13 03:09 PM
    Keep the power button pressed for several seconds. If you are lucky red light will come on.
    02-10-13 04:03 PM
    Mine - out of the box (1st one)...had a dead battery. I had to plug it into the (wall charger) for a half hour before it would even indicate charging. The 2nd one had a 60% charged battery out of the box.

When you turn the phone off, you usually need to wait a good 20-30 seconds before it will turn back on by pressing and sometimes holding the power button, That said, pulling the battery to start up the phone, is way faster than starting by pressing the power button. It's NOT the same boot sequence for some reason...
    02-10-13 04:37 PM
    Sorry man. That REALLY sucks!
    02-10-13 04:46 PM
    Well obviously you can take it back for a new one or maybe even to a store near you.
    02-10-13 05:14 PM
    The red light does come on but the phone still didn't turn on.. I had to try several times for it to finally power up.
    02-10-13 07:10 PM
    The red light does come on but the phone still didn't turn on.. I had to try several times for it to finally power up.
    OK, if the red LED light comes on at all and your store is sold out so you can't get a replacement right away, it's worth trying to reload the software because your symptoms sound similar to a BlackBerry 10 device that has had a failed software load or a failed Security Wipe. Please try the following (both of these methods are supported and there's a change you'll get it to work):

1. Install the *latest version* of BlackBerry Desktop by downloading it from BlackBerry's web site (if you already have it, make *sure* it's the latest version). Open BlackBerry Desktop 7.1 or higher. Let it load completely. Plug in your device and press the device's power button as soon as you plug it in. BlackBerry Desktop should offer you an update for an unrecognized device. Go through the steps. This mate take a few attempts but should work.

2. If #1 doesn't work, please use Firefox or Internet Explorer *on Windows* to follow instructions from BlackBerry at: KB33480-BlackBerry 10 smartphone does not boot and displays a Phone with USB icon after an interrupted Security Wipe

3. If #1 and #2 don't work, please try #1 in BlackBerry Link as BlackBerry suggests in #2.

Let us know what happens.

PS: Welcome to CrackBerry Forums!
    jdhooghe likes this.
    02-10-13 08:45 PM
    Thanks b320 I noticed now that I have to keep the power button down until the red light comes on twice and then will the word "BlackBerry" comes on. Not sure if that's normal because with my PB I press the power button down and when the red light comes on I let it go and it powers up.

02-19-13 12:53 PM
    Tried all steps of what B320 said...My phone has completely stopped working. No Led, doesn't turn on. Battery pulled 3 times, still didn't fix it. I had woken up to 99% charged battery!

Calling Warranty Center now.
    05-02-13 06:37 PM
    Troll bait?

Lol gtfoh. Do anybody that doesn't have anything good to say about the Z10 is a troll?
    05-02-13 09:36 PM