A couple of new apps installed last week and a number of app updates this week... now my device is randomly restarting again... Once or twice a day. just wondering if anyone else was seeing this? I'll be uninstalling the new apps for now I suppose.
    09-07-13 08:02 PM
    Still convinced it's hardware related... Mine still reboots quite a bit. Oddly enough, some days are out of control, while some days it doesn't reboot at all. Still worth keeping though. I love this thing, haha
    09-07-13 08:16 PM
    Can you both type "myver"?

~STV on Z10STL100-3/10.1.0.4780 TMO US
    09-07-13 08:20 PM
    Ok. Myver. Hahaha
    kthhrrsn likes this.
    09-07-13 08:24 PM
    It's supposed to do this when you type that and hit enter

Z10STL100-3/10.1.0.4780

~STV on Z10STL100-3/10.1.0.4780 TMO US
    09-07-13 08:33 PM
    Ya... I was kidding, obviously... Haha

Z10STL100-3/10.2.0.1047
    09-07-13 08:34 PM
    You should get the op to respond cuz there's nothing you're gonna be able to do for me
    09-07-13 08:36 PM
    Mine actually rebooted today for the first time in quite awhile. Only recent changes have been downloading new version of BBM channels yesterday & today I downloaded the BlackBerry beta zone app. Shortly after today's download it rebooted. Otherwise my Z10 has been increasingly glitch-free with decent battery life. I can generally make it through a day... barely! lol
    For what it's worth here's my version... Z10STL100-3/10.1.0.4633

Edit: forgot to mention I also upgraded BlackBerry maps today.

Posted via CB10
    09-07-13 08:40 PM
    My grandchild is good with computers, and he allways tells me to push the power button on the computer so it restarts. And then sometimes it works.
    I can't tell if this is a joke or not. If you're being sarcastic then you have officially won the Internet, my friend
    09-07-13 08:45 PM
    Mine actually rebooted today for the first time in quite awhile. Only recent changes have been downloading new version of BBM channels yesterday & today I downloaded the BlackBerry beta zone app. Shortly after today's download it rebooted. Otherwise my Z10 has been increasingly glitch-free with decent battery life. I can generally make it through a day... barely! lol
    For what it's worth here's my version... Z10STL100-3/10.1.0.4633

Edit: forgot to mention I also upgraded BlackBerry maps today.

Posted via CB10
    It's gotta be hardware for me. Sometimes (this is gonna sound dumb) if I shake it it will reboot. Or if I set it down on a hard surface with too much "force". My buddies 2 q's do the same. It won't reboot overnight, but he'll set it down on his kitchen table and it will reboot, haha. Pretty weak. We are die-hard BlackBerry fans though, so there's really no chance of switching. I have other "toys" with other os's on them, but the phones don't appeal to me
    09-07-13 08:49 PM
    It's gotta be hardware for me. Sometimes (this is gonna sound dumb) if I shake it it will reboot. Or if I set it down on a hard surface with too much "force". My buddies 2 q's do the same. It won't reboot overnight, but he'll set it down on his kitchen table and it will reboot, haha. Pretty weak. We are die-hard BlackBerry fans though, so there's really no chance of switching. I have other "toys" with other os's on them, but the phones don't appeal to me
    I don't know if anyone knows for certain the cause of the reboots. I thought it was hardware related for awhile as my Z rebooted a couple of times placed on my passenger seat of my car in the sun (thought maybe it was heat related). Other times however after just sitting on a table at room temperature it randomly reboots not having being touched for hrs.
    Anyhow, it has noticeably improved in the last few weeks for reasons unknown, lol. I too wouldn't change to another OS as BB10 suites me nicely!
    Had the GS3 for 9 months but that was only because I needed a phone & BB10 wasn't available yet. The GS3 is a nice phone no doubt, but for ME, I much prefer the Z. Best thing about owning a samsung or iphone is the resale value!! haha! After 9 months into my contract I sold the GS3, resigned a 3 yr term but on a BB specific plan (not sure why they still exist for BB10) & I was out of pocket a total of $70. Not bad for breaking a contract after 9 months with a $400 penalty!

#ichooseblackberry10
    09-13-13 10:03 AM
    I turned mine off and left it connected to the charger. After about ten minutes, it decided that it didn't want to be off anymore, and BOOTED ITSELF BACK UP.
    09-13-13 02:46 PM
    Probably needed the card trick to keep the battery from moving.
    09-13-13 03:08 PM
    My phone was rebooting a lot and then stopped when the upgrade came out. But, it has started again the past few days. It's odd because it will happen when I do things like put it down...even gently. Makes me think it is battery/ hardware. My version us: Z10STL100-3/10.1.0.4633
    09-13-13 07:49 PM
    My phone randomly rebooted only a few times, before the update and after the update it seemed to stop totally. But same problem for me in the past couple days I've had about 3 or 4 random reboots, (once when I put the phone down) I even had to reboot the phone myself a few times, as well because the touch screen didn't seem to be working right. Not sure what's going on, but I'm hoping for an update soon.
    Z10STL100-3/10.1.0.2074

I love my BlackBerry Z10
    09-13-13 08:07 PM
    Dammit not the reboots again!

BBM channels: c00121c99 for some knowledge and c00123fca for some real hip hop
    09-13-13 08:33 PM
    Just for sh*ts and giggles. Check your battery terminals and spring contacts. If there are any interuptions, you can have reboots and freezing. Clean 'em up with a swab and alcohol. Make sure all the spring contacts look the same. Use scissors and trim a piece or two of a cereal box, or something to shim the battery tightly, or more snug against the terminals. If you do this and reboots seem to stop.......
    You won't hurt it and have nothing to lose.

Posted via CB10
    09-13-13 11:03 PM
    Just for sh*ts and giggles. Check your battery terminals and spring contacts. If there are any interuptions, you can have reboots and freezing. Clean 'em up with a swab and alcohol. Make sure all the spring contacts look the same. Use scissors and trim a piece or two of a cereal box, or something to shim the battery tightly, or more snug against the terminals. If you do this and reboots seem to stop.......
    You won't hurt it and have nothing to lose.

Posted via CB10
    There is a thread about dropping the Z10 and having the phone reboot due to loose battery terminals. I could believe it. The Z10 battery doesn't seem as "tight" as older blackberries. I think a very small dot of felt (wherever you would get that) on the far end of the battery would provide enough pressure. You probably don't want to put too much pressure on the battery terminals, so less is more if you do this at all.
    09-14-13 12:26 AM