So my Z10 began to freeze and then it suddenly went DEAD! I couldn't get it to turn on, reboot, or anything... I called BlackBerry support while my phone responded only while on life support (with a charger or USB cable attached and the battery removed) Whenever I put the battery back in, it refused to work at all, I tried switching out the battery with the one that came with the charging bundle but to no avail, I could NOT seem to revive the phone! We triend several different "remedies" but the phone STILL refused to work. I continued fumbling around with it and then out of nowhere, the RED LED started flashing and eventually after it rebooted 5 times it stayed on. Mind you, the battery was FULLY CHARGED so that wasn't the issue. The BlackBerry Support person couldn't get it to do much either and I stayed on the phone with BlackBerry for 3 HOURS before it began to work and I was able to back up my files. Finally the support person had me create a file/log that could be submitted and analyzed. He walked me through that process and didn't find anything out of the ordinary upon analyzing the information... Anyone else experience this before with their Z10?
    07-23-13 12:31 AM
    This just happen now to my Z10.
    I'm running offical 10.1 from AT&T and my phone started to act up in the last 15 mins by running extremely slow then it just shut off. It wont turn on even after i pulled the battery or hook it up to a wall charger. I'm so screwed cause my BB is my life during work. Did you leave your phone hook up to a charger or just let it stand on its own?
    07-23-13 07:37 AM
    My vzw z10 has done this twice. VERY frustrating...
    07-23-13 07:44 AM
    Maybe your Z10's wanted attention? Lol

Posted via CB 10 on my naked Z10
    07-23-13 10:04 AM
    Mine went dead on me before, I freaked out because it would not turn on! I went to make me something to eat and when I came back 30+ minutes it still wouldn't turn on so I finally decided to take out the battery and then it came back on! Really don't know why I didn't think of doing that before but I was so happy when it came.back on! Lol

Posted via CB10
    07-23-13 10:20 AM
    Five minutes after 6pm today, I got the DREADED BLUE SCREEN and it won't come on, the phone had been sitting idle and was not on a charger and I can't get it to do anything... I stayed on the phone with BB Tech Support for several HOURS before the phone decided to work again! Right now it is very WARM and malfunctioning again! Arrrrrrrgh!!!
    07-23-13 05:09 PM
    AT&T replaced my phone this evening, so hopefully this NEVER happens again!
    07-24-13 12:16 AM
    AT&T replaced my phone this evening, so hopefully this NEVER happens again!
    Good for you bro! I'm glad you have a Z10 in your hands again

E_the_CameraMan likes this.
    07-24-13 01:03 AM
    Good for you bro! I'm glad you have a Z10 in your hands again

I may have to give up on the Z10, my "replacement" just bricked on me as well...
    07-25-13 04:00 AM
    Just picked up my REPLACEMENT Z10 for my BRICKED REPLACEMENT Z10... idk anymore BlackBerry, this is getting kinda old, tired, and SCARY to say the least, I'm now on my 3rd Z10!!!
    07-25-13 02:48 PM
    That's weird. Two Z10s? Don't know.......

07-25-13 03:04 PM
    That's weird. Two Z10s? Don't know.......

Yes, it certainly is weird! I've spent every night this week with a minimum of 4 hours each night talking with BlackBerry technical support with each situation ending up with a BRICKED Z10... Whenever I call now, I even get the same tech person who knows me on a first name basis now! "Hey Emmanuel, is it acting up again?" LOL
    07-25-13 05:55 PM
    Mine just died this afternoon. I got the BlackBerry splash screen and it got stuck there. Did a battery pull, and that worked briefly, but now all that happens is the red light flashes all the time and the screen is black. Is it bricked? I got it on U.S. release day in March.
    07-25-13 06:23 PM
    There have been posts about a suspected issue with the fit of the battery and the connecting pins. If this 3rd one plays dead, perhaps you should try wedging something small to tighten that connection.

Posted via CB10
    07-25-13 06:24 PM
    Thanks! Perhaps that is what the problem has been... I'll be certain to keep that in the back of my mind should this issue happen again. Right now I'm dealing with this CRAZY BlackBerry Link taking FOREVER to restore my device with stuff from my previous phone(s). It has been stuck at 10% for a few hours now, any helpful tips to remedy this?
    07-25-13 08:35 PM
    hmmm, weird. I would suspect you got a bad run or batch of the phone.
    07-25-13 08:41 PM
    Thanks! Perhaps that is what the problem has been... I'll be certain to keep that in the back of my mind should this issue happen again. Right now I'm dealing with this CRAZY BlackBerry Link taking FOREVER to restore my device with stuff from my previous phone(s). It has been stuck at 10% for a few hours now, any helpful tips to remedy this?
    Holy crap! That's supper s****y!
    Worst I had happen were a couple of random reboots . Wish I could help. That was an interesting post on the contacts. I've had other devices screw up because of issues like that. Little bump, a fast interruption of battery, another interuption while it tries to reboot, and it bricks...... fak.
    Hope you keep posting. Let us know what happens.

Posted via CB10
    07-25-13 08:50 PM
    Mine just died this afternoon. I got the BlackBerry splash screen and it got stuck there. Did a battery pull, and that worked briefly, but now all that happens is the red light flashes all the time and the screen is black. Is it bricked? I got it on U.S. release day in March.
    I got mine on the AT&T release day as well... Call BlackBerry Tech Support (in the US 1-877-255-2377) tell them your problem, they will give you a case # and attempt to get it working again, if they are unsuccessful, they will call your carrier's warrenty dept. and have them replace your phone ASAP. Luckily for me, the locations for replacement phones were in reasonable driving distance and I drove to pick mine up the same or next day. Let me know what happens...
    07-26-13 08:23 PM