Has never been an issue before. Now, every time I look down, the red led light is on and it's rebooting. I have notice on a couple of occasions that if I "toss" it on my desk or something (not hard at all, maybe like an inch and more just sliding it out of the way), that has triggered a reboot a couple times.

Help? I can't keep having this happen.

Posted via CB10
    nah.uhh likes this.
    05-29-14 09:26 AM
    Put a piece of paper with the battery. Sounds like a loose battery connection.

Posted via CB10
    05-29-14 09:27 AM
    Between battery and cover? Or under the battery?

Or does it even matter?

Posted via CB10
    05-29-14 09:34 AM
    Between battery and cover? Or under the battery?

Or does it even matter?

Posted via CB10
    Battery and cover or just under the bottom opposite if the connection.
    05-29-14 09:36 AM
    Not over the connectors

Posted via CB10
    05-29-14 09:37 AM
    Not over the connectors

Posted via CB10
    Nah, put it over them an enjoy unlimited battery life and so much peace n quiet!
    kbz1960 likes this.
    05-29-14 06:19 PM
    Congratulations you are getting close to the 24-hr Reboot Guiness Record!

Posted via CB10
    05-29-14 07:21 PM
    Still giving me trouble.

I bought a new battery and tried that. Seemed to help for maybe a day or two, and I noticed that the old battery seemed to have a "dent" near the top. But it's still happening. I've tried putting paper all around to prevent any jiggling, but it doesn't help. Honestly, I'll put the phone in my pocket and if it hits my keys, it'll reboot.

Suggestions???

Posted via CB10
    07-20-14 12:15 PM
    Have you restored the OS from Link, or an Autoloader? That would be worthwhile, just to exclude a software problem from the diagnosis. I think if you search, some people have reported their Z10 developing a loose battery terminal. I just got my Z10 replaced under warranty, and the new one reboots much less than the old one.

Posted via CB10
    07-20-14 05:29 PM
    Not yet.

Also, the battery seems to drain very fast at times, and the phone is hot. Like, I can at times see the meter dropping a % at a time. Once it got down below 20%. Then it rebooted, and when it came back, battery level was like 70%.

Posted via CB10
    07-20-14 06:14 PM
    It's been suggested that the problem is poorly applied thermal paste. Much more plausible than the oft-proposed loose battery idea, especially if the phone reboots while sitting on a desk and doesn't reboot when running a marathon.

http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=945727

Posted via CB10 on Z10
    Last edited by deltact; 07-20-14 at 07:29 PM.
    07-20-14 07:11 PM
    It's been suggested that the problem is poorly applied thermal paste. Much more plausible than the oft-proposed loose battery idea, especially if the phone reboots while sitting on a desk and doesn't reboot when running a marathon.

Rebooting madness - BlackBerry Forums at CrackBerry.com

Posted via CB10 on Z10
    It does seem more plausible than the battery connectors. The phone will have a thermal trip point, all processors do but it will be a lot higher than the random reboots that people are experiencing.
    Also having read the thread of 'Reboot Madness' I fail to see how people are managing to open their phone up completely 'thus voiding the warrantee' and managing to apply thermal paste under the processor/chipset heatsink plates. I mean we are not exactly applying toothpaste to a toothbrush here.

I would like to have an explanation on the 'poorly applied thermal paste' as to me even a pin head drop on the centre of the processor the minute the plates are fixed it will spread like peanut butter. You don't apply the paste all around the phone, just on the key components under the heat plates to form a conductor from the processor to the heatplate for better heat dissipation. The plates are likely to be fixed on the processor, though the Snapdragon has an encapsulated plate and on the chipset/ram. These are generally non serviceable.

Plausable explanation rather than the battery connectors but those battery connectors do rock a little when the battery is seated. I'd require a little more evidence and temperature readings internally before I go buggering about inside my phone.
    07-20-14 07:45 PM
    OP I suspect your phone's (not battery) metal terminals are either damaged or are dirty.

Differentiate or Die
    07-21-14 12:36 AM
    Still giving me trouble.

I bought a new battery and tried that. Seemed to help for maybe a day or two, and I noticed that the old battery seemed to have a "dent" near the top. But it's still happening. I've tried putting paper all around to prevent any jiggling, but it doesn't help. Honestly, I'll put the phone in my pocket and if it hits my keys, it'll reboot.

Suggestions???

Posted via CB10
    You should only put a bit of paper at the end opposite the terminals. Not "all the way around". I had a much less radical version of this problem and the bit of paper solved it.
    07-21-14 05:40 AM
    Someone got an image of where this thermal paste is applied and/or what it looks like. I'm curious.
    07-21-14 08:57 AM
    You should only put a bit of paper at the end opposite the terminals. Not "all the way around". I had a much less radical version of this problem and the bit of paper solved it.
    Have already tried...doesn't work for me.

Posted via CB10
    07-21-14 02:44 PM
    Someone got an image of where this thermal paste is applied and/or what it looks like. I'm curious.
    I think this is the original thread
    http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=916641

Posted via CB10 on Z10
    07-21-14 04:00 PM