Hello All,

I dropped my BlackBerry Z10 on the floor yesterday and the glass has been broken, The device is working properly but the touch functionality is not working properly. I bought it from flipkart.com india, Do i get a free service now as I bought it in september 2013. I spoke to the flipkart.com guys to replace the handset as I've given 1 year warranty.

Can anyone please let me know if I can claim the free service provided by BlackBerry?

Awaiting your response.
    04-03-14 02:24 AM
    If you purchased drop-it insurance...yes
    Hello All,

I dropped my BlackBerry Z10 on the floor yesterday and the glass has been broken, The device is working properly but the touch functionality is not working properly. I bought it from flipkart.com india, Do i get a free service now as I bought it in september 2013. I spoke to the flipkart.com guys to replace the handset as I've given 1 year warranty.

Can anyone please let me know if I can claim the free service provided by BlackBerry?

Awaiting your response.
    04-03-14 02:26 AM
    You got a warranty, not an insurance. so basically you can get new device if said device is defective, but not if you broke it yourself (think of water Spill that voids your warranty...). so in your case, i doubt you can get a new device since you broke it.
    04-03-14 02:28 AM
    If you purchased drop-it insurance...yes
    What is it? And how and from where do u purchase it?

Posted via CB10
    04-03-14 02:33 AM
    What is it? And how and from where do u purchase it?

Posted via CB10
    I bought it from Online Shopping India - Shop Online for Books, Mobile Phones, Digital Cameras, Watches & More at Flipkart.com, I dont know whether i paid for Insurance or not.. Should i ask flipkart people for insurance information?
    04-03-14 02:38 AM
    Some credit card purchases have been known to include insurance.

While I purchased my phone privately it was brand new from someone who did not want it. But BB only provides a warranty to the original purchaser. So I purchased INSURANCE from Verizon in case something happens to the phone, either a defect (normally covered by warranty) or an accident, like dropping and breaking the screen. But I had to purchase it separately. It is a monthly charge.
    04-03-14 08:54 AM
    This thread is full of so much win.
    04-03-14 10:47 AM
    I bought it from Online Shopping India - Shop Online for Books, Mobile Phones, Digital Cameras, Watches & More at Flipkart.com, I dont know whether i paid for Insurance or not.. Should i ask flipkart people for insurance information?
    Forget everything and send for screen giving to bbm people saying its in warranty if denied buy A z30 then

Himanshu's Z10
    04-03-14 10:48 AM
    You can order a new screen...not that hard to install... I think I saw one for around $35 USD...

Trusted Member Genius
    04-04-14 04:09 AM
    I been using Otterbox screen protector since day one and soft case. I dropped my zed 10 numerous times and no physical damage yet. I can't say the same with my case lol.

Posted via CB10
    04-04-14 05:44 AM
    After having a broken Z10, I now ordered a brand new BlackBerry Z30.. Hoorayyyy!! I've been using google nexus 5 as my primary device for last 2 months and was not at all satisfied with filthy weird android, I decided not to wait anymore and ordered Z30 black.. I'm very happy now..

I just wanted to share this to the community as after all we are blackberry loyalists here..
    08-12-14 11:36 AM
    After having a broken Z10, I now ordered a brand new BlackBerry Z30.. Hoorayyyy!! I've been using google nexus 5 as my primary device for last 2 months and was not at all satisfied with filthy weird android, I decided not to wait anymore and ordered Z30 black.. I'm very happy now..

I just wanted to share this to the community as after all we are blackberry loyalists here..
    Enjoy!!!

My Z10 - an extension of me
    08-12-14 09:02 PM