The reason it is annoying is I use the hub++ and this sound is going on top of the text message and custom text sounds, basically making the custom notifications useless.

In notifications in the settings I have the mode set to "normal" and under text I have sound turned off, but it still makes the notification sound. If I set the mode to silent or vibrate the sound stops.

It is NOT a hub++ issue because when I close hub++ it still makes the sound.

This seems like a very obscure problem which I don't know if anyone will know about but any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Posted via CB10
    05-02-13 02:10 PM
    Btw the reason I can't use silent or vibrate mode is that I still need the phone to make noise when I get a call. I get a whole lot of text messages related to my work and my band so I rely on having custom notifications

Posted via CB10
    05-02-13 02:20 PM
    I am trying deleting and reinstalling whatsapp. I have reason to believe that the problem stems from whatsapp and its integration into the BlackBerry Hub

Posted via CB10
    05-02-13 02:27 PM
    U can go into settings notification, at bottom others then into whats app,make it off.try out

Posted via CB10
    05-02-13 03:25 PM
    I un installed whatsapp and that didn't fix the problem so I don't think that's it unfortunately

Posted via CB10
    05-02-13 03:48 PM
    I fixed it by going into the 'others' in notifications and turning off sound for all the apps. I have a whole lotta apps, so no idea which one was causing it, but if anyone else has this problem just do that. It's not like you need to hear a notification for most apps like blackberry maps or blackberry travel for instance so no big loss

Posted via CB10
    05-02-13 04:56 PM