I love my z10, seriously. I've loved this phone from the very first day I got it, which was the very first day AT&T put it on sale. I was at the store right when they opened, that's how serious I was about getting this phone.

Yesterday I was hanging out with some friends again. On Sundays I generally attend a MtG tournament and all my friends have iPhones or Droids. When it comes to apps for the game, they aren't available on Blackberry. But I was able to hang right with them this time because I had Snap on my phone and was able to download and install pretty much any app they were using. We were in the middle of trading some cards and they were searching a certain app for card value and so on. When I downloaded the Android version of the app they were using right in front of them, installed it from my phone and started doing my own searching they were all impressed.

There's actually 1 other guy in my group there that also has a z10. I'm not sure he's running 10.2.1, I think he's still on an "official" release. But it's kind of cool to see another z10 in the wild. Other than him, I know no one else with one.

I use to get picked on about having a Blackberry, but recently that has totally stopped. The more they see me doing things like that, the less they rib me about my phone choice. It's awesome how something so small as Android app compatibility has totally killed "the app gap" for me. Sure, I'd rather have native Blackberry apps. But I'll take what I can get. And I'll continue to love my Blackberry z10.

Just thought I'd share.
    01-06-14 11:53 AM
    I feel the same way
    Thewaxedworm likes this.
    01-06-14 12:10 PM
    I feel you OP.

STL 100-1 OS 10.2.1.1925
    Thewaxedworm likes this.
    01-06-14 01:15 PM
    I love my z10, seriously. I've loved this phone from the very first day I got it, which was the very first day AT&T put it on sale. I was at the store right when they opened, that's how serious I was about getting this phone.

Yesterday I was hanging out with some friends again. On Sundays I generally attend a MtG tournament and all my friends have iPhones or Droids. When it comes to apps for the game, they aren't available on Blackberry. But I was able to hang right with them this time because I had Snap on my phone and was able to download and install pretty much any app they were using. We were in the middle of trading some cards and they were searching a certain app for card value and so on. When I downloaded the Android version of the app they were using right in front of them, installed it from my phone and started doing my own searching they were all impressed.

There's actually 1 other guy in my group there that also has a z10. I'm not sure he's running 10.2.1, I think he's still on an "official" release. But it's kind of cool to see another z10 in the wild. Other than him, I know no one else with one.

I use to get picked on about having a Blackberry, but recently that has totally stopped. The more they see me doing things like that, the less they rib me about my phone choice. It's awesome how something so small as Android app compatibility has totally killed "the app gap" for me. Sure, I'd rather have native Blackberry apps. But I'll take what I can get. And I'll continue to love my Blackberry z10.

Just thought I'd share.
    Slightly off topic - but I have to ask - seems like you use your device a lot. How do you find battery ? can you get through a normal day without charging ? I'm spoiled with a Q10 right now - can go two days almost but crave the screen real estate (Z30 is simply too big for me though). Just curious and if must be moved to another thread please accept my apology in advance. That aside I've had similar experience with my Q. Have Netfilx and all the other stuff loaded on it (that I never use). Everyone is like " I didnt know a BB could do that". yes, in fact, yes it can.
    Thewaxedworm likes this.
    01-06-14 01:21 PM
    I've had maaaany android phones but only with BlackBerry z10 I learned true meaning of multitasking. Love this device.

Posted via CB10
    Thewaxedworm likes this.
    01-06-14 01:30 PM
    Slightly off topic - but I have to ask - seems like you use your device a lot. How do you find battery ? can you get through a normal day without charging ? I'm spoiled with a Q10 right now - can go two days almost but crave the screen real estate (Z30 is simply too big for me though). Just curious and if must be moved to another thread please accept my apology in advance. . .
    I can usually get through a full day if I turn off things like WiFi and NFC. My typical day it will last about 10-12 hours. I do use it quite a bit though. I'm on Twitter, Facebook, internet, email, text, Instagram and so on quite a lot. I do however, pack an extra battery with me. The combo spare battery & charger bundle was too good to pass up.

. . .That aside I've had similar experience with my Q. Have Netfilx and all the other stuff loaded on it (that I never use). Everyone is like " I didnt know a BB could do that". yes, in fact, yes it can.
    Exactly!
    01-06-14 01:53 PM
    I've had maaaany android phones but only with BlackBerry z10 I learned true meaning of multitasking. Love this device.

Posted via CB10
    Yea, this thing is a multi-tasking monster! I don't care what anyone says about how much better other phones can multi-task, they clearly haven't seen this thing do it!
    Thewaxedworm likes this.
    01-06-14 01:54 PM
    Meh. We're all reaching. **** Android ports.

Posted via CB10
    01-06-14 04:46 PM