Hey guys,

I love my Z10 and it has been working well for me for the four months that I've owned it. But for the last week, I'm having an issue with it that is getting increasingly frustrating. Simply put, the phone constantly disconnects from BBM. One morning I pick up my phone and click BBM and it shows me a 'Setting up BBM' page then reloads my contacts as if I just set it up for the first time. All my open chat windows are gone.

Nowadays it happens very frequently, sometimes even after ten minute intervals and sometimes in the middle of me using BBM I get an error message saying BBM lost connection to the server. It doesn't go away until I restart my phone and then it asks me to set up BBM again. Interestingly, this sometimes also happens with Whatsapp which asks me to enter my number and profile picture again (my open chats remain though).

I've looked over the forums and have found no answer to fix it. This happens both on my data connection (Etisalat from UAE) and wi-fi. I really don't know what to do except maybe re-insyall the OS. But I don't know what I'll lose if I do so and whether restoring that stuff will bring it back again.

Any help would be appreciated.

Posted via CB10
    08-27-13 10:41 AM
    Hi Faisal Hashmi,

Is the blackberry beta zone available in your country? https://beta.webapps.blackberry.com/...ct=index&item=

If so, the first thing I would try it to sign up and download the BBM channels beta.. this installs a newer version of BBM, and has solved many different issues for a lot of people.

If that doesn't work, then yes you could try re-installing the OS. If you complete a full backup and restore you shouldn't loose anything.. BUT I'd recommend you test your BBM before restoring your data, if it works and then stops again after the restore, then you'll know there's something corrupt in your settings files.
    08-27-13 10:54 AM
    Try pushing volume up and down buttons at the same time to force a reboot.

Rockin' 10.2.0.1323... Unlocked Runtime
    08-27-13 10:57 AM
    Great to hear you're loving your Z10, I am too!

Now I don't know how it'll fix the problem or not, but if I were you, I'd do the things on the list below in order.

1. Install BBM Channels BETA for BlackBerry 10
    2. Restore to factory w/ or w/o restoring data
    3. If all else fail, GO LEAKS!!

PS. Don't think restoring data to your phone would affect it in anyways. You said WhatsApp does the same, did you try to reinstall the app?
    08-27-13 10:58 AM
    The BBM beta sounds like a promising idea. I'm going to try installing that and see if that fixes it. Is it stable enough for everyday use?

Posted via CB10
    08-27-13 02:46 PM
    The BBM beta sounds like a promising idea. I'm going to try installing that and see if that fixes it. Is it stable enough for everyday use?

Posted via CB10
    Yup. I haven't had any issues.

Depending on what build you are coming from it might wipe your chat history when you install it, so be prepared for that.

Posted via CB10
    08-27-13 04:58 PM
    which OS are you on?
    08-27-13 05:05 PM
    I'm on Z10STL100-1/10.1.0.4633.

So I went ahead and installed the BBM Beta with Channels and so far I haven't faced that issue at all. So maybe it was just a random problem with the old version.

Speaking of this new version, loving the new channels and small tweaks! At least this gave me the excuse to go ahead and download this version

Thanks for all your help guys!

Posted via CB10
    just_luc likes this.
    08-28-13 07:18 PM