Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 50
Like Tree7Likes
  1. dtsolov's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    190 Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

    Default My Z10 can't send mms

    Guys,

    Can't send mms, receive fine. Checked settings.
    It appears Z10 does not compress pics when attaching to a message. Could not find any settings limiting pic size in the mms settings.

    Any ideas?

    Posted using CrackBerry App on BB10
  2. #2  

    Default

    I'm pretty sure it does. I haven't tried MMS yet, but I know for a fact that it compresses pictures when sent over BBM.
  3. stirtzie's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    17 Posts
    #3  

    Default

    Ive sent multiple pictures across a few mediums with 0 issues
  4. dtsolov's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    190 Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #4  

    Default

    Checked it in a simple way -sent back picture received from another phone via mms. It went back just fine. But pics shot with Z10 camera don't get through. It says "General Problems" at the bottom of the message after I try to send it. Strange.

    Posted using CrackBerry App on BB10
  5. #5  

    Default

    Are you able to send screen shots taken on your phone?
  6. D Mac's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    953 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,012 Global Posts
    #6  

    Default

    I just sent myself a MMS of a pic that was 1MB sent perfectly. I received it immediately. No issues.
    Click on the link below for some great free Blackberry Themes

    The Theme Zone
    http://thethemezone.blogspot.com
  7. drum's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    443 Posts
    #7  

    Default

    No problem for me works great
  8. dtsolov's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    190 Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #8  

    Default

    Well it could be my operator limiting mms size

    Posted using CrackBerry App on BB10
  9. clubbinstar's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    60 Posts
    #9  

    Default

    Call your service provider, had same issue with Telus, called them and they fixed the problem!!!!

    Posted using CrackBerry App on BB10
  10. dtsolov's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    190 Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #10  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by clubbinstar View Post
    Call your service provider, had same issue with Telus, called them and they fixed the problem!!!!

    Posted using CrackBerry App on BB10
    My HTC butterfly and my wife's iphone 5 send mms using my sim and the same settings so well.

    Why the **** should I call my operator? They work fine. Z10 apparently not.

    By the way there is no way to set picture size in mms settings (even iphone can do it) and there is no way to choose picture size in camera settings.


    Amazing.

    Posted using CrackBerry App on BB10
  11. darkz10's Avatar
    CrackBerry Newbie

    Posts
    2 Posts
    #11  

    Default

    I have the same issue. I'm on Vodafone UK. I went to the store after exhausting everything I could think of. They also could not get their store Z10 to send MMS either. WTF!? They told me that BB are having issues with some carriers and they will roll an update out later. Not. Good. Enough.

    I've had my BB Z10 about a week and there are too many bugs. I cannot peek into the Hub from some areas and a huge annoyance I found the other day was that after typing a rather long email the keyboard stopped working. Not only did it stop working in the email area, it would not work in any other text area in any other application or web browser and requied a battery pull.

    The Z10 sucks. If this is what they think will save them then they're sadly mistaken. I preferred my 9790.

    Everytime I get a message (text/email whatever) I get two message tones. This doesn't happen all the time just some of the time and I cannot reproduce it consistently. The Hub does not update itself when I read a message. I have to go back into the Hub and then it will set what I just read as 'read'. Stupid. It is also perpetually telling me that I have one unread message when I don't. The Hub says there is nothing to be read but when I slide from the Hub back to the app I have open it is showing one unread message. Driving me crazy!

    If anyone wants a cheap, unlocked BB Z10 then let me know. It's a bag of sh*t - and that's praising it. Also, why can't I call someone from within a text message!? I have to exit the message app and then open either the contacts app or the phone dialler if I know their number. That does not flow in the least and is backwards step. At this rate I'll be buying a WinPho and I never thought I'd say that!!!
  12. mike-berry's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    202 Posts
    Global Posts
    204 Global Posts
    #12  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by darkz10 View Post
    I have the same issue. I'm on Vodafone UK. I went to the store after exhausting everything I could think of. They also could not get their store Z10 to send MMS either. WTF!? They told me that BB are having issues with some carriers and they will roll an update out later. Not. Good. Enough.

    I've had my BB Z10 about a week and there are too many bugs. I cannot peek into the Hub from some areas and a huge annoyance I found the other day was that after typing a rather long email the keyboard stopped working. Not only did it stop working in the email area, it would not work in any other text area in any other application or web browser and requied a battery pull.

    The Z10 sucks. If this is what they think will save them then they're sadly mistaken. I preferred my 9790.

    Everytime I get a message (text/email whatever) I get two message tones. This doesn't happen all the time just some of the time and I cannot reproduce it consistently. The Hub does not update itself when I read a message. I have to go back into the Hub and then it will set what I just read as 'read'. Stupid. It is also perpetually telling me that I have one unread message when I don't. The Hub says there is nothing to be read but when I slide from the Hub back to the app I have open it is showing one unread message. Driving me crazy!

    If anyone wants a cheap, unlocked BB Z10 then let me know. It's a bag of sh*t - and that's praising it. Also, why can't I call someone from within a text message!? I have to exit the message app and then open either the contacts app or the phone dialler if I know their number. That does not flow in the least and is backwards step. At this rate I'll be buying a WinPho and I never thought I'd say that!!!
    Who **** in your corn flakes? Just return it and be on your way.

    OP do you have data?

    Posted using CrackBerry App on BB10
    lessthn_0 likes this.
  13. dtsolov's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    190 Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #13  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mike-berry View Post
    Who **** in your corn flakes? Just return it and be on your way.

    OP do you have data?

    Posted using CrackBerry App on BB10
    Yep, I am on premium plan

    10gb data included
    BIS included
    MMS included and so on

    Posted using CrackBerry App on BB10
  14. cjcampbell's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

    Posts
    5,885 Posts
    Global Posts
    5,889 Global Posts
    #14  

    Default

    @darkz10, I don't know where it is you can't peek into the hub from. Maybe not a slight swipe to the right, but the swipe up and right works from EVERYWHERE!!

    Battery pulls are not required. You could just reboot the device.

    You can call someone from the text. Hit the top area, where the senders name appears, and it will take you to there contact profile. This is actually good as if you contact has multiple numbers, you can choose which to call. For example, if I'm texting someone while they're at home, I can call their landline and not use up their cell minutes.

    As for your personal opinion, that's yours and yours to have. Sorry to hear that you haven't enjoyed your experience. I, for one, am thoroughly enjoying mine.
    EsJayDee and Vorkosigan like this.
  15. D Mac's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    953 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,012 Global Posts
    #15  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dtsolov View Post
    My HTC butterfly and my wife's iphone 5 send mms using my sim and the same settings so well.

    Why the **** should I call my operator? They work fine. Z10 apparently not.

    By the way there is no way to set picture size in mms settings (even iphone can do it) and there is no way to choose picture size in camera settings.


    Amazing.

    Posted using CrackBerry App on BB10
    The reason you should ******* call your operator is because MMS settings are sent to the phone from the carrier. As you probably recall when you first turned on your phone you were informed that there was a carrier update available and do you want to install it. That was for your data and MMS settings. So if your MMS isn't working they might need to push that update to your phone again or there might be an updated version available.
    Click on the link below for some great free Blackberry Themes

    The Theme Zone
    http://thethemezone.blogspot.com
  16. dtsolov's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    190 Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #16  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by D Mac View Post
    The reason you should ******* call your operator is because MMS settings are sent to the phone from the carrier. As you probably recall when you first turned on your phone you were informed that there was a carrier update available and do you want to install it. That was for your data and MMS settings. So if your MMS isn't working they might need to push that update to your phone again or there might be an updated version available.
    Please read more carefully, before posting.

    I have checked the settings. They are correct. I am not an ***** who can't setup a phone.

    More over, if you make another effort and read the thread you will realise, that I could always receive mms. And that I could successfully send via mms the pics I received via mms. But not the one shot with the phone's camera.

    The setting are correct. There is an issue with pics compression format on some carriers. Such as a for instance "Small" Vodafone.

    Anyway, thanks for trying.


    Posted using CrackBerry App on BB10
  17. D Mac's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    953 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,012 Global Posts
    #17  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dtsolov View Post
    Please read more carefully, before posting.

    I have checked the settings. They are correct. I am not an ***** who can't setup a phone.

    More over, if you make another effort and read the thread you will realise, that I could always receive mms. And that I could successfully send via mms the pics I received via mms. But not the one shot with the phone's camera.

    The setting are correct. There is an issue with pics compression format on some carriers. Such as a for instance "Small" Vodafone.

    Anyway, thanks for trying.


    Posted using CrackBerry App on BB10
    No you are wrong but thanks for replying with attitude to someone that is just trying to help.

    You did not / can not check your MMS settings because they are Not visible on your phone. They are pushed from your carrier. Don't assume that just because you went to MMS settings and verified your APN that that is the only MMS setting on your phone.

    You are welcome for the help

    PS if you admit that it is a problem with the settings on your carrier why do you think that the carrier can't fix it? I don't follow your (lack of) reasoning at all.
  18. dtsolov's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    190 Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #18  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by D Mac View Post
    No you are wrong but thanks for replying with attitude to someone that is just trying to help.

    You did not / can not check your MMS settings because they are Not visible on your phone. They are pushed from your carrier. Don't assume that just because you went to MMS settings and verified your APN that that is the only MMS setting on your phone.

    You are welcome for the help

    PS if you admit that it is a problem with the settings on your carrier why do you think that the carrier can't fix it? I don't follow your (lack of) reasoning at all.


    Sorry, but I am not that stupid.

    You can change mms settings on Z10.


    Open hub, go to text messages then to settings. Choose mms tab, choose advanced at the bottom bar, scroll down and here you are - mms settings.

    It amazes me how people tell me what to do with attitude, having no clue about OS10.




    Posted using CrackBerry App on BB10
  19. dtsolov's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    190 Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #19  

    Default

    Yeah, and I repeat again for the most sharp advisors.

    The phone could send back all the pics I received via mms. It could not only the ones I shot with camera.

    Moreover I cropped one of the pics (square option in editor) and the pic has gone through just fine.

    Settings checked, some messages get through with apparently pics I received via mms because they are compressed. And with pics I cropped because they are logically reduced in size.


    Therefore the problem is that Z10 does not compress its initial shots enough for my carrier.

    We can stop here. The reason is identified.

    Posted using CrackBerry App on BB10
  20. D Mac's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    953 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,012 Global Posts
    #20  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dtsolov View Post
    Sorry, but I am not that stupid.

    You can change mms settings on Z10.


    Open hub, go to text messages then to settings. Choose mms tab, choose advanced at the bottom bar, scroll down and here you are - mms settings.

    It amazes me how people tell me what to do with attitude, having no clue about OS10.




    Posted using CrackBerry App on BB10
    Wow really? What aren't you getting? I'm telling you those couple settings that you can see there are not all of the settings. They are only the ones you can see. I'm made that pretty clear in my last post. MMS settings are sent to your phone from the carrier.

    You are saying that the MMS compression (one of the settings that you can't see or change) is not high enough for your carrier. Why do you refuse to consider the fact that that setting can be fixed by a carrier update?

    I don't know anything about BB10? LOL I'm definitely one of the most knowledgeable people about BB10 and cell phones in general on this site.
    Click on the link below for some great free Blackberry Themes

    The Theme Zone
    http://thethemezone.blogspot.com
  21. dtsolov's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    190 Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #21  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by D Mac View Post
    Wow really? What aren't you getting? I'm telling you those couple settings that you can see there are not all of the settings. They are only the ones you can see. I'm made that pretty clear in my last post. MMS settings are sent to your phone from the carrier.

    You are saying that the MMS compression (one of the settings that you can't see our change) is not high enough for your carrier. Why do you refuse to consider the fact that that setting can be fixed by a carrier update?
    Sorry, but you are wrong. I don't want to continue. As I said the problem is identified, in my previous post.

    Secondly these are the settings, because MMS is a standard implementation.

    And therefore no need to wait for a configuration message (I can even tell you the format of it) from operator, because by the standards these are the settings sent therewith.

    You can happily enter those setting manually in any iphone or Android phone and they will work. Done it thousand times.

    The only way for it to be solved is for RIM to follow standards and implement additional line in settings - max pic size.


    And just to pacify it, talked to operator - answer either they have to increase mms message size for the whole network of millions of users or blackberry has to patch Z10 to allow setting max message size.

    End of story. I was correct.

    Posted using CrackBerry App on BB10
  22. tp023's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    12 Posts
    #22  

    Default Re: My Z10 can't send mms

    its probably your service provider. I had to call vodafone to sort out. When I changed over they stopped all my mms.
  23. dtsolov's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    190 Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #23  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tp023 View Post
    its probably your service provider. I had to call vodafone to sort out. When I changed over they stopped all my mms.
    Sir/madam/tovarisch.....etc

    They have not stopped my mms. I can receive it and send it, when manually reduce the pics.

    Anyway in my previous post I mentioned carrier reply.

    Posted using CrackBerry App on BB10
  24. D Mac's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    953 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,012 Global Posts
    #24  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dtsolov View Post
    Sorry, but you are wrong. I don't want to continue. As I said the problem is identified, in my previous post.

    Secondly these are the settings, because MMS is a standard implementation.

    And therefore no need to wait for a configuration message (I can even tell you the format of it) from operator, because by the standards these are the settings sent therewith.

    You can happily enter those setting manually in any iphone or Android phone and they will work. Done it thousand times.

    The only way for it to be solved is for RIM to follow standards and implement additional line in settings - max pic size.


    And just to pacify it, talked to operator - answer either they have to increase mms message size for the whole network of millions of users or blackberry has to patch Z10 to allow setting max message size.

    End of story. I was correct.

    Posted using CrackBerry App on BB10
    Lol no. Just because you can enter more settings in Android and iOS and on BB10 those settings can only be adjusted by a carrier settings update doesn't in any way mean you are right or I am wrong. Why do you insist on repeatedly saying that? Neither one of us if right or wrong about that because we agree on that.

    You claimed that you adjusted / verified all your MMS settings on your phone but that of course is not the case because you can't. They are simply not visible and not adjustable. So saying that you did is not correct. Like I said MMS settings are sent to you from the carrier. Image compression is one of the settings that can't be adjusted on your end. Your problem is with image compression. You keep saying that the problem has been identified. Yes of course it has. What we are now discussing is the resolution to said problem. A carrier update can and will fix your problem.

    You watch and see when a fix for MMS on your carrier comes it will be in the form of a carrier update.
    Click on the link below for some great free Blackberry Themes

    The Theme Zone
    http://thethemezone.blogspot.com
  25. dtsolov's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    190 Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #25  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by D Mac View Post
    Lol no. Just because you can enter more settings in Android and iOS and on BB10 those settings can only be adjusted by a carrier settings update doesn't in any way mean you are right or I am wrong. Why do you insist on repeatedly saying that? Neither one of us if right or wrong about that because we agree on that.

    You claimed that you adjusted / verified all your MMS settings on your phone but that of course is not the case because you can't. They are simply not visible and not adjustable. So saying that you did is not correct. Like I said MMS settings are sent to you from the carrier. Image compression is one of the settings that can't be adjusted on your end. Your problem is with image compression. You keep saying that the problem has been identified. Yes of course it has. What we are now discussing is the resolution to said problem. A carrier update can and will fix your problem.

    You watch and see when a fix for MMS on your carrier comes it will be in the form of a carrier update.

    What most likely we will watch is further demise of blackberry.

    They abandoned the tricks they new better and offer what others do, but so much fluffier.

    Yes even iphone allows for more settings.

    HTC has connection manager - insert any card, run it - it sets it up flawlessly for any carrier.

    As for the carrier update, honestly I don't care anymore. Be it later or earlier. And then if you travel and can change sim card (as one of the excuses for killing BIS) - you may just also wish wait for carrier update or other crap.

    Z10 is going back

    - no BIS = ****ty roaming with necessity to connect to public wifi or pay 3-4 k a month with my travelling.

    - no sound profile management

    - no multiple alarms

    - no pin messaging

    - unreliable notifications - sometimes message counter is stuck, sometimes it gives double alert sounds

    - no auto on/off

    - carrier id issue on some networks

    - maps suck comparing to Google maps on iphone and androids. Many places missing in Europe and CIS

    - half assed mms settings on the phone.


    One more pathetic issue with hub - you can't search for sms in the common /hub list. It only brings up emails. So you have to go to text messages and search there. Is it a hub? Or just badly re branded message icon in os 7? You could by the way make it show your text messages and calls in the same common list too.

    I can't say the OS is bad. I just can say that promised it was delayed to make it perfect were false. There is no perfection in missing so many essential blackberry backbone features.

    Nothing but sloppy development - cut off all the features one could think recalling blackberry name and still delaying release.



    Posted using CrackBerry App on BB10
    Thanked by:
    zeteo (03-30-2013) 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. My BB won't send MMS picture.
    By LovelessInk in forum BlackBerry Curve 83xx
    Replies: 74
    Last Post: 10-13-2013, 08:47 PM
  2. Can't send MMS texts??
    By jihong in forum BlackBerry Curve 83xx
    Replies: 43
    Last Post: 05-05-2010, 08:34 AM
  3. Can't send MMS on my 8130
    By nublar in forum BlackBerry Pearl 81xx
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-13-2010, 06:59 PM
  4. my verizon bb tour can't send mms to at&t
    By RubyDoo in forum BlackBerry Tour 9630
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 02-25-2010, 06:33 PM
  5. help my curve can't send mms
    By coffeberry in forum BlackBerry Curve 83xx
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 01-12-2009, 11:39 AM

Posting Permissions