Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By JohnJenin10
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default My Z10 cannot load 100% at boot

Hi everyone, need help. My device, stl100-1 cannot boot pass 100% at starting screen (the loading line at BB logo seem become slow after pass 85% and almost hang at 90% onwards) has been leave it for more than 6hours now (need to plugged to charger). Already tried searching on BB KB & found this article KB34666 . Anyone having same issues or wt a solution/s?
    Last edited by JohnJenin10; 06-14-2014 at 07:03 PM.
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #2  

Fyi. my updates to the latest 10.2.1.3175 was a success, work great for first 2 weeks (or so) but since last thursday, 5th June 2014, i start facing problem wt my network signal, seem can't load data signal (only shows small g at 3g, normally my network always shown as +H or atleast 3G). I need to restart to get back full signal (+H or atleast 3G). and then all of sudden, saturday morning, when restarting, its can't boot pass 100%, also normally when booting, when touch outside BB icon, we can see percetage of loading, but this time around it just won't appear (d percentage). i'll appreciate for any ideas to help me on this guys. Until today (monday 9th June) i still can't manage to find a solution..

You can try another restart and see if it finishes (see below). You might try reloading the OS using LINK or use and Autoloader.

Try a restart:

Press and HOLD both Vol Up/Down buttons. Keep holding while the screen goes fully black (ignore the screenshot), keep holding through the Black/White logo and when the Colored Logo shows up, release those buttons.

If you have the STL100-1 variant the volume button reset method doesn't work. In that case, Press and HOLD the Power On Button until you see the LOGO as above

You can try another restart and see if it finishes (see below). You might try reloading the OS using LINK or use and Autoloader.

Try a restart:

Press and HOLD both Vol Up/Down buttons. Keep holding while the screen goes fully black (ignore the screenshot), keep holding through the Black/White logo and when the Colored Logo shows up, release those buttons.

If you have the STL100-1 variant the volume button reset method doesn't work. In that case, Press and HOLD the Power On Button until you see the LOGO as above
    Thanked by:
    JohnJenin10 (06-09-2014) 
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #5  

thx for d quick reply. yes mine is stl100-1. So i'll try yo hold d power button till colour logo appear.
    CrackBerry Genius

You can also just restart, by holding upper button then on the prompted menue chose restart
    My Z10 cannot load 100% at boot-img_20140609_072906.png
    It happened two time to me and it worked flawlessly... However, do not interrupt the restarting after an os update this way. The phone should restart even if it takes hours!!

BlackBerry*Q10, T-Mobile Germany - SQN100-3, Running OS 10.2.1.2941
    Thanked by:
    JohnJenin10 (06-09-2014) 
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #7  

my problem is i can't even pass 100% boot loading. m still waiting for it to finish load.. its pass 2 hr now, Will try let it load for more hours, (maybe 12hrs) before do a complete os reload..
    CrackBerry Genius

Quote Originally Posted by JohnJenin10 View Post
    my problem is i can't even pass 100% boot loading. m still waiting for it to finish load.. its pass 2 hr now, Will try let it load for more hours, (maybe 12hrs) before do a complete os reload..
    Just interrupt it by pressing, no fear!! But don't interrupt a wiping or os-update. If it is a "normal" starting procedure, just interrupt it! Have a bit confidence... I did it twice until now, without damage.
    You don't need os reload... if you intend it, so "risk it now"... I never let my phone start more than 20 min... unless OS-update!
    As said, longpress upper button and restart! It will take less than 10min!

CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #9  

Quote Originally Posted by anischab View Post
    Just interrupt it by pressing, no fear!! But don't interrupt a wiping or os-update. If it is a "normal" starting procedure, just interrupt it! Have a bit confidence... I did it twice until now, without damage.
    You don't need os reload... if you intend it, so "risk it now"... I never let my phone start more than 20 min... unless OS-update!

really not intended to wipe my data.. If possible wanted to recover all without losing any, unless there's no other option left. Yesterday i left my phone boot by restart pressing power button (till bb blue icon appear, since mine is stl100-1) n left it overnite too, total more than 12hours, but this time it shows 99% n hang like that. Now m trying again using normal z10 method, restart+both volume, its been stuck at around 90% for almost 2hrs (this time it not showing any percentage, even touching outside d logo (as normal startup). Hmm... n now restarting again, (pressing n hold power button), i left it idle now for, really hope it works this time. Can u correct me if there's step that i got it wrong? really appreat it.
    its day 3 n am still can't use my z10, luckily still got another 9800 as my 2nd phone. To all CB, pls help....
    Last edited by JohnJenin10; 06-10-2014 at 01:10 AM.
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #10  

just 1 thing to share, i manage successfully update my OS to 10.2.1.3175 via OTA & been using it fever since update without problem everytime i reboot it (3weeks i guess) & d this problem only occur last thursday (5th of june).

Unless someone has a better idea, I have a feeling you will have to try reloading the OS and would lose your data in the process.

Possibly you could try using Sachesi to reload the OS non-destructively. See the Sticky on it in the OS Leak subforum. While I doubt it will work, you might give it a try.

Good luck.
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #12  

Quote Originally Posted by F2 View Post
    Unless someone has a better idea, I have a feeling you will have to try reloading the OS and would lose your data in the process.

Possibly you could try using Sachesi to reload the OS non-destructively. See the Sticky on it in the OS Leak subforum. While I doubt it will work, you might give it a try.

Good luck.
    Yeah will try via Sachesi 1st. Nway, if using link to reload, all installed apps (including snap) & setting configuration will be erase? & if i use restore after reload will it restoring back my setting & installed apps? seriously hv doubt to do it, fist time 4 my z10, but already get use wt this for my old 9800..

Oh, if you have a backup of your phone, you should be able to restore it. In any event, if you cannot get it to reboot, reloading the OS might be the only way to fix it and data loss would occur.

Or call your carrier and see if they have ideas??
    Thanked by:
    JohnJenin10 (06-12-2014) 
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #14  

Quote Originally Posted by F2 View Post
    Oh, if you have a backup of your phone, you should be able to restore it. In any event, if you cannot get it to reboot, reloading the OS might be the only way to fix it and data loss would occur.

Or call your carrier and see if they have ideas??
    Thx... am able to use my z10 now. Solved it by ur suggestion, reload os via link n restore. Now my z10 works like new..tQ F2 n anischab for ur assistance.
    F2 likes this.
    CrackBerry Newbie

JohnJenin10, my phone is having the same exact issue. Could you please tell me how you resolved it?

Thanks,

Abbey
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    21 Global Posts

Hi JohnJenin10, I have the same issue. i drained my battery the i charged it through my laptop's USB. now i'm stuck on the logo.

for the method you used reload through link, were you able to keep the settings/saved data of all your android apps installed with snap? i have a clash of clan game installed and i did back-up last week but obviously it would be an old version of what i have from yesterday. don't want to restart my progress.
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #17  

Hi both...sorry for d late response. I'd try fews ways including using sachesi but not work. So I try reloading my os via link. n luckily I do keep my z10 auto backup once a mth so I manage to restore back my z10 after reload. All my settings, installed apps (inluding via snap n aptoide) etc was recovered in full (1mth old backup). But my first reload was bot successful (maybe accidentally move d cable) but on 2nd time, it work perfectly. U can try this but if u don't hv backup at all, then ur device will be as at factory setting. Wish u d best.

Posted via CB10 from my Z10-STL100-1/10.2.1.3175
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #18  

Quote Originally Posted by aca_041 View Post
    Hi JohnJenin10, I have the same issue. i drained my battery the i charged it through my laptop's USB. now i'm stuck on the logo.

for the method you used reload through link, were you able to keep the settings/saved data of all your android apps installed with snap? i have a clash of clan game installed and i did back-up last week but obviously it would be an old version of what i have from yesterday. don't want to restart my progress.
    Yes, all my settings, installed apps (via BlackBerry world, snap n aptoide, etc) are all save superbly, but it'll be base on ur last backup. As 4 clash of titan, I assume if it can connected/login via FB, d progress will resume (I assume it's more like candy crush saga n farm heroes, wt FB logon), but if it more like temple run 2 (no logon), than its too bad that u need to play it all again frm d last backup point.

Posted via CB10 from my STL100-1/10.2.1.3175. (Only god knows how much I love my Z10
    CrackBerry Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by JohnJenin10 View Post
    Thx... am able to use my z10 now. Solved it by ur suggestion, reload os via link n restore. Now my z10 works like new..tQ F2 n anischab for ur assistance.
    Winch method did you use? Mine got stuck too!!!!! Pls assist.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by anischab View Post

can you pls explain clearly how to interrupt and what to interrupt and when? I am confused pls.
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #21  

Actually i'd failed to any attempt repair mine, hard reset, interrupt startup process etc. I only manage to fix it via reload option in LINK "reload your OS"& full restore my device from the backup I have in LINK.

Posted via CB10 from my Z10STL100-1/10.2.1.3247