I have a STL100-2 BB Z10 (Qualcomm)

It's OS froze and I decided to reload the OS onto the device. But it's not working. I have tried the BlackBerry Website method and the BlackBerry Link method and also the Autoloader method. I have made sure I have got the battery at atleast 80% at the time of loading.

In all those instances I am getting the same problem and failure point.

1) Device is detected successfully and connects up
    2) OS starts loading, device shows the solid GREEN light
    3) Then after a few seconds the LED starts blinking RED in a 1-3-2 sequence
    4) After a minute or so I get an Error dialog box reading:

The Application Loader could not connect to your BlackBerry device. Try to following actions:

And it gives me instructions to change the Power Management settings for the USB ports.

I have done that and still has not worked...I'm stumped now and don't know what to do next. I have searched all forums etc and have not been able to find a satisfactory solution.

BlackBerry Link gives me an error saying "Device communications error encountered. [A:0x00000028]"

Autoloader connects with the bootrom. The RAM image loads successfully. But fails at writing the OS. Writing process stays at 0%

I have also tried: KB35635 & KB34045 and it hasn't worked..

Just need help from the community and if anyone can actually tell me what the 1-3-2 Red LED Blink sequence means..

Thanks, Harry
    gpg1808 likes this.
    01-28-15 04:27 AM

It's OS froze and I decided to reload the OS onto the device. But it's not working. I have tried the BlackBerry Website method and the BlackBerry Link method and also the Autoloader method. I have made sure I have got the battery at atleast 80% at the time of loading.

The Application Loader could not connect to your BlackBerry device. Try to following actions:

And it gives me instructions to change the Power Management settings for the USB ports.

I have done that and still has not worked...I'm stumped now and don't know what to do next. I have searched all forums etc and have not been able to find a satisfactory solution.

BlackBerry Link gives me an error saying "Device communications error encountered. [A:0x00000028]"

Autoloader connects with the bootrom. The RAM image loads successfully. But fails at writing the OS. Writing process stays at 0%

Just need help from the community and if anyone can actually tell me what the 1-3-2 Red LED Blink sequence means..

Thanks, Harry
    Dont worry! Just try this and go step by step. This worked for me when I had a 9700. It'l work for ur z10 for sure It works for all bb devices
    01-28-15 05:25 AM
    Dear friend yesterday my z10 stl 100-3 stopped working and after I restart it by removing battery (power bottom didn't respond) it didn't boot and start working. after turning on the BB logo appears and loading progress continue to 100% but it steak in this mode and it didnt work. what should I do?
    I update it to 10.3.01.0938 by autoloader.
    the problem is that it don't connect to laptop that I can run autoload once again. because it steak in load progress screen with 100% progress and don't come to lock screen and the laptop cant recognize it
    01-28-15 09:03 AM
    Reload autoloader

Posted via CB10
    01-28-15 07:24 PM

Thanks, Harry
    Usually plugging it in with link does the job for me. But you could try to load a new os with sachesi.

Posted via CB10
    01-28-15 10:07 PM
    Dear friend yesterday my z10 stl 100-3 stopped working and after I restart it by removing battery (power bottom didn't respond) it didn't boot and start working. after turning on the BB logo appears and loading progress continue to 100% but it steak in this mode and it didnt work. what should I do?
    I update it to 10.3.01.0938 by autoloader.
    the problem is that it don't connect to laptop that I can run autoload once again. because it steak in load progress screen with 100% progress and don't come to lock screen and the laptop cant recognize it
    Connect via USB cable and on your computer BlackBerry Link will open. Click reload vfrom there . Or watch the video I posted

Posted via CB10
    01-28-15 11:37 PM
    I have same problem as Boss Jatboy.. we need help
    03-15-15 02:36 AM
    Did you perform a wipe before reinstalling?

Posted via CB10
    03-15-15 07:31 AM
    Hope this help. Tried to look into your sequence, but it's not there or I understand the sequence differently..

Means*of*red*blink*Leds*of*Blackberry

Code*blink*LED's*at*the*beginning*of*loading*black berry*shows*a*binary*value*that*informs*
    the*message*from*bootrom.The*code*is*displayed*in* the*form*of*blinking*red*LED*lights,
    binary*1*is*shown*with*a*flashing*flame*(red*light )*while*binary*0*is*indicated*by*the*LED*light*is* not*on*(off).If*the*light*is*on*continuously,*this *is*the*message*being*doing*security*wipe,*
    if*the*LED*is*not lit*continuously*when*doing*security*wipe,*this*in dicates*a*hardware*malfunction.

Here*are*the*details,*note*that*solution*below*in* red*highligt*can*only*doing*by*the*service*centre.

**1*(decimal*=*1)*** *Not*a*problem,*this*code*is*normal*when*restartin g
    **11*(decimal*=*3)*** *There*is*no*operating*system*on*the*BlackBerry,*t ry*to*reload*the*operating*****system*with*MFIs
    **101*(decimal*=*5)***Bad*OS*CRC
    **111*(decimal*=*7)***Missing*OS*CRC
    **1011*(decimal*=*11)***Missing*OS*Trailer
    **1101*(decimal*=*13)***OS*Not*Signed,*try**reload *the*OS
    **1111*(decimal*=*15)***OS*Signature*Invalid,*
    try*re-loading*the*OS*and*let*the*phone*off*without*batte ry*for*about*30*minutes,*and*then*try*to*turn*it*b ack*on.*If*`that*way**cant*solved*the*problem,*try *to*replace*IC*flash.********************** *************
    **10*101*(decimal*=*21)**Unknown*Flash*Manufacture r,*try*to*replace*IC*flash
    **10*111*(decimal*=*23)**Flash*Initialization*Prob lem,*try*to*replace*IC*flash
    **11*011*(decimal*=*27)**Flash*Erase*Failure,*try* to*replace*IC*flash
    **11*101*(decimal*=*29)**Flash*Operation*Out*Of*Ra nge
    **11*111*(decimal*=*31)**Bad*BootROM*CRC,*try*to*r eplace*IC*flash
    **101*011*(decimal*=*43)**USB*Driver*Error
    **101*101*(decimal*=*45)**No.*BootROM*CRC
    **101*111*(decimal*=*47)**Flash*Write*Failure,*try *to*replace*IC*flash
    * ‎110*101*(decimal*=*53)**Invalid*Memory*Configurat ion*Table
    **110*111*(decimal*=*55)**Password*Not*Initiated
    * 111*011*(decimal*=*59)**RAM*initialization*problem ,*try*to*replace*IC*flash**
    ‎* ‎111*101*(decimal*=*61)**Cache*No.*Pages*Free
    **111*111*(decimal*=*63)**Cache*Invalid*Page*Type
    **1010101*(decimal*=*85)**Random*Number*Failure
    **1010111*(decimal*=*87)**OSStore*Failure
    **1011011*(decimal*=*91)**Security*Init*Failure
    **1011101*(decimal*=*93)**NAND*failure
    **1011111*(decimal*=*95)**General*Assert*Failure
    **1101011*(decimal*=*107)*GPIO*failure
    **1101101*(decimal*=*109)*Runtime*library*failure
    **1101111*(decimal*=*111)*Exception:*undefined*isn truction
    **1110101*(decimal*=*117)*Exception:*SWI
    **1110111*(decimal*=*119)*Exception:*Prefetch*Abor t
    **1111011*(decimal*=*123)*Exception:*Data*Abort
    **1111101*(decimal*=*125)*Exception:*Reserved
    **1111111*(decimal*=*127)*Exception:*IRQ
    **10101011*(decimal*=*171)*Exception:*FIQ

Posted via CB10 on my Redbellion PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.2480
    chaosdivine likes this.
    03-15-15 08:32 AM
    How full is the hard drive on the computer?
    03-15-15 08:46 AM
    this error is keep on popping out on Blackberry Link every time I am trying to Reload....

BlackBerry Link could not update your software. Verify that you are
    connected to the Internet, close and re-open BlackBerry Link again, and try again
    03-15-15 09:28 AM
    I have a good internet connection so I cant figure out now if what is the real problem.. please anybody help?
    03-16-15 01:02 AM
    this error is keep on popping out on Blackberry Link every time I am trying to Reload....

BlackBerry Link could not update your software. Verify that you are
    connected to the Internet, close and re-open BlackBerry Link again, and try again
    Device Connect USB to PC and load OS exe on device. You have to pre load OS ( 10.3.0 or 3.1.xxx) on PC. Unzip the OS and double click the exe file. leave the OS running, if your device has passwords and to enter PW. Sit back and relax The OS is running completion will restart the device. Good luck !

BlackBerry Z10/STL100-2
    03-16-15 10:43 AM
    I just made the original message a little more readable, sans all the asterisks. And massaged the wording a bit....this is great information so thank you to the original poster.

Meaning of blinking LED codes on Blackberry 10

Blinking LED light codes are displayed on BlackBerry OS 10 devices when initially loading up. These codes are displayed in a binary format that indicates some type of message from the bootrom. A binary 1 is shown with a flashing red light while binary 0 is indicated when the LED light is off. If the light is on continuously, a security wipe is occurring, if the LED is not lit continuously when doing a security wipe, this indicates a hardware malfunction.

Here are the details, note that solution below in red highlight can only be done by a service centre.

1 (decimal = 1) Not a problem, this code is normal when restarting
    11 (decimal = 3) There is no operating system on the BlackBerry, try to reload the operating system with MFIs
    101 (decimal = 5) Bad OS CRC
    111 (decimal = 7) Missing OS CRC
    1011 (decimal = 11) Missing OS Trailer
    1101 (decimal = 13) OS Not Signed, try reloading the OS
    1111 (decimal = 15) OS Signature Invalid, try re-loading the OS and keep the phone off without the battery inserted for about 30 minutes, and then try to turn it back on. If this doesn't solve the problem, try to replace IC flash.

10 101 (decimal = 21) Unknown Flash Manufacturer, try to replace IC flash
    10 111 (decimal = 23) Flash Initialization Problem, try to replace IC flash
    11 011 (decimal = 27) Flash Erase Failure, try to replace IC flash
    11 101 (decimal = 29) Flash Operation Out Of Range
    11 111 (decimal = 31) Bad BootROM CRC, try to replace IC flash
    101 011 (decimal = 43) USB Driver Error
    101 101 (decimal = 45) No. BootROM CRC
    101 111 (decimal = 47) Flash Write Failure, try to replace IC flash
    ?110 101 (decimal = 53) Invalid Memory Configuration Table
    110 111 (decimal = 55) Password Not Initiated
    111 011 (decimal = 59) RAM initialization problem, try to replace IC flash
    ? ?111 101 (decimal = 61) Cache No. Pages Free
    111 111 (decimal = 63) Cache Invalid Page Type
    1010101 (decimal = 85) Random Number Failure
    1010111 (decimal = 87) OSStore Failure
    1011011 (decimal = 91) Security Init Failure
    1011101 (decimal = 93) NAND failure
    1011111 (decimal = 95) General Assert Failure
    1101011 (decimal = 107) GPIO failure
    1101101 (decimal = 109) Runtime library failure
    1101111 (decimal = 111) Exception: undefined instruction
    1110101 (decimal = 117) Exception: SWI
    1110111 (decimal = 119) Exception: Prefetch Abort
    1111011 (decimal = 123) Exception: Data Abort
    1111101 (decimal = 125) Exception: Reserved
    1111111 (decimal = 127) Exception: IRQ
    10101011 (decimal = 171) Exception: FIQ
    03-16-15 11:35 AM

Thanks, Harry
    Hi, don't confuse yourself too much. In order to fix your phone first take the battery out and leave it out for the duration of this process since it's not needed to reflash and it can also cause problems if the phone is trying to start a corrupted OS. The phone won't try to start the OS if the battery is out. Only the bootrom would load the bootloader. This is all we need to load basic drivers, perform an SIC wipe and reflash the latest OS using an Autoloader. Make sure your PC is connected to the Internet before starting and also install the latest BlackBerry Link. Those steps are to ensure the latest drivers can be installed when you turn on your device before starting the SIC Wipe.

So this is what you can try:

Be sure you are using a good quality and properly functioning USB to microUSB cable, preferably the original one that came with your phone.

Make sure you have the latest Autoloader for your phone available. At the time of writing, 10.3.1.2576 is the latest OS.

Run SIC wipe, plug phone into computer (without battery)
    Wait for drivers to install, and phone to reboot if necessary. Be patient this can take a while sometimes. Observe the onscreen messages.

When SIC Wipe is finished your phone will appear completely dead with only the LED flashing.

Run the latest Autoloader and after a few minutes, you should have a clean device ready to setup and use.

Feel free to send some screenshots of what's going on so we can follow and better help you. Let me know if you need more information.

Posted via CB10
    03-16-15 11:50 AM
    I am having a problem with my z10 I can't turn it off if.i do it takes 10 Mins to go back on when I turn it off for any reason I get a blinking red light with the 10.3 os I have installed it 5 times and have the same problem never had this problem with the 10.2 os

Posted via CB10
    03-16-15 01:07 PM
    O and for got to put in first post for my to turn it back on my got to leave the battery out for a while for the blinking light to drain the rest of the power then put battery back and see if it starts up

Posted via CB10
    03-16-15 01:09 PM
    I have tried using BB link nothing happens also loader nothing happens.. and I noticed that no charger or battery indicator is on display when I am plugging a charger on my unit
    03-20-15 07:27 AM
    My wife's phone died today and I thought I'd run through the usual process to get it up and running.

But this time it's different. When trying to connect to Link to do a device reload, it downloads the software, but isn't able to put it on the phone. I get an error message on the comp, and I get the same blinking LED sequence on the phone: 1 - Pause - 3 - Pause - 2.

Don't know it's exact meaning, but I'm sure some part of the internals are fried.

I think my wife will be happy to get a new phone... :|
    04-14-15 07:56 PM
    My wife's phone died today and I thought I'd run through the usual process to get it up and running.

But this time it's different. When trying to connect to Link to do a device reload, it downloads the software, but isn't able to put it on the phone. I get an error message on the comp, and I get the same blinking LED sequence on the phone: 1 - Pause - 3 - Pause - 2.

Don't know it's exact meaning, but I'm sure some part of the internals are fried.

I think my wife will be happy to get a new phone... :|
    You can try again. Remove the Battery and keep it OUT. Then try. You can also try using an autoloader (leak OS subforum) and again try with and withOUT a battery. Good luck - or get her the new phone!
    04-15-15 08:52 PM
    hey jatb0y you have solve your communication error ..,
    then plzzz tell me how can solve this problem
    07-23-15 10:23 AM
    hey jatb0y you have solve your communication error ..,
    then plzzz tell me how can solve this problem
    What error are you getting? What computer OS, do you have USB 2.0 ports?
    07-23-15 12:10 PM
    error is device communication error encountered [A 0*00000028]
    nd my computer os is 7 ultimate
    how to solve ?????
    07-24-15 05:58 AM
    Try turning off power management for usb ports.
    07-24-15 09:10 AM
    error is device communication error encountered [A 0*00000028]
    nd my computer os is 7 ultimate
    how to solve ?????
    Does your phone work?
    07-24-15 09:19 AM
31 12