Good day!

My Z10 is having an issue of showing 3g most of the time instead of a 3G. In 3g mode I am unable to use my data plan and I have to turn on and off Airplane Mode just to get back the 3G. I know its not a brand wreaking issue, but its annoying. Is this my units problem, or my service providers? And most importantly is anyone else facing this issue?
    08-26-13 03:04 AM
    I get this from time to time, was told by my carrier it's due to going into a dead zone where there is poor signal coverage and the device takes a while to pick up the data when the signal gets stronger after moving out of the zone. I also used to get this on my 9780 also. If i wait it does pick up but if I'm in a hurry i turn data off and then on again. I have managed to replicate this and look at the signal bars and it does seem to match as I have a dead zone in my home.
    It's also worth checking with your carrier to see if they have any repeaters out. I did this once and they discovered they had a fault.

Posted from my Z10 with CB10
    08-26-13 03:23 AM
    Which provider are you with?
    08-26-13 03:23 AM
    lowercase means no data or poor connection.

The BB sign right beside it is what you should be concerned with. If it ain't there, BB services are down which = unable to use phone

douevenCB10?
    08-26-13 03:30 AM

The BB sign right beside it is what you should be concerned with. If it ain't there, BB services are down which = unable to use phone

douevenCB10?
    I don't think this is true on BB10, don't need BlackBerry services anymore. I've regularly been without the BlackBerry symbol recently and still had a great 4G data connection.

Posted via CB10
    08-26-13 04:45 AM
    I'm living in Malaysia with Maxis as my service provider. I'll probably get back to them and ask about it, though they have absolute horrible customer service.

About the dead zone areas, is it when you are at the same location, it shows 3g without the blackberry logo, then when u reboot the connection it shows the 3G with the logo? It shows the same full strong connection service bar, just the 3g is not the 3G.
    08-26-13 08:01 AM
    The phone could be stuck on a different tower until you reboot. You could also have a sim card issue if other phones in the area don't experience this problem.

Posted via CB10
    08-26-13 08:10 AM
    Yiu are going through a bad signal area. In my case, same as the other guy above. I have data if I have the BlackBerry icon, whether I'm on 2g, 3g or 4g. Without the I on, no data

Posted via CB10
    08-26-13 08:15 AM
    Back up all data and apps than do complete Security Wipe.

Where there is no vision, blackberry will perish:
    08-26-13 08:19 AM
    Lol where did you guys hear such things?
    Lowercase = voice
    Uppercase = voice and data
    Uppercase with BlackBerry symbol = voice and data with BlackBerry services, like BBM, for example. Other apps still work.

C0001BBF0 - BlackBerry 10 help channel.
    rflan7 likes this.
    08-26-13 08:25 AM
    Security wipe? That's quite extreme isn't it...

Posted via CB10
    08-26-13 09:04 AM
    Security wipe? That's quite extreme isn't it...

Posted via CB10
    Extreme as it is, it does work.

08-26-13 09:32 AM
    Extreme as it is, it does work.

Security wipe every time I'm in a poor coverage area - got it.

C0001BBF0 - BlackBerry 10 help channel.
    Anovascular and rflan7 like this.
    08-26-13 09:33 AM
    I'm only getting H and E..... any idea how to change it where it can say 3G and 2G instead?
    I'm on Stl100-2
    08-26-13 11:34 AM
    Confirm with the carrier that your account has a data plan it. 3g refers to you only having voice and no data, while the 3G refers to voice and data.
    08-26-13 12:01 PM
    Smoothrunnings I'm on a data plan. The problem is each time I refresh the connection, it goes back to G. When I don't refresh it for some time, it stays at g

Posted via CB10
    08-27-13 03:32 AM
    Could be a faulty sim card. Had similar problem before and turns out it was the sim card. My carrier replace it with a new one and it's all good.

Posted via CB10
    08-27-13 04:18 AM
    Most likely, it's your carriers issue, but it certainly could be your device. I wouldn't wipe anything until you've had a good chat with your carrier. Do you have an APN when you have 3g? One of the OTA updates for the OS a while back was actually missing the APN. Does the 3G come back on its own or do you have to reboot to get it to come back?

Posted via CB10
    08-27-13 05:29 AM
    Will wearing tin foil on my head help at all?

Posted via CB10
    08-27-13 06:58 AM
    I have to reboot to get from g to G all the time. But once it reboots, it stays there till I get into an elevator or an area with weak signals. It will revert back to 2g and even when there is 3g it doesn't go back to 3G.

Posted via CB10
    08-27-13 10:13 AM

douevenCB10?
    The BlackBerry sign beside the cell signal just indicates BBM service, meaning BBM messaging, BBM video chat, BBM voice chat, etc. It just indicates if you can connect to the BBM servers.

You will still be able to use the phone, just not BBM.

Check out my "Facepalm" channel: C0001F676
    08-27-13 10:58 AM
    Okay I got it fixed by going back to my provider. The girl told me it was a service fault where she restarted my network service, and gave me a new SIM card just to be sure.
    08-31-13 03:25 AM
    Put caps lock on. Lol

Have you queried this with your service provider?

Posted via CB10
    08-31-13 05:21 AM