I decided to stop by both to check out the cases they had. While they had cases, Verizon in the back room, best buy behind the counter in wireless. Neither had them on display or the phones. No signs nothing. I asked if they were selling well. Of course they haven't sold any. This is crazy. What are they waiting for? U have now been to att vzw T-Mobile and best buy. Att is the only place with it on display and they have signs. Is there a management decision where they are scared to sell it I mean they still display flip phones. It's not like they haven't had enough time. This was in Northwoods area of North Charleston sc

Posted via CB10
    BermudasBest likes this.
    03-29-13 09:37 AM
    my thoughts are that is an issue of timing. With AT&T and TMO already taking preorders on the Galaxy S4 and the HTC One coming, most of their marketing efforts are going to be directed in that direction with very little focus on the Z10. It really is unfortunate as the Z10 is an excellent device, especially for a new platform. I'm a long time Android loyalist but I really do enjoy this device and OS and that enjoyment will only increase once the apps start coming.
    03-29-13 09:45 AM
    Here's an idea. Every body call them and ask them about the Z10. (843) 553-9299 best buy. (843) 569-7313 Verizon. That will get them on the shelf.

Posted via CB10
    03-29-13 09:47 AM
    I got mine at Verizon yesterday (Hurst, TX). They had one small 8x10 sticker on the front window. Once you get in the store.....nothing! The Z10 was at the back of the store under a display that said something like "new technology devices" but it literally took me 10 minutes to find it. My rep said i was the first person to come in for one (and this was at 1:30 PM) She also said that their last 3 launches of other phones were done without much advertising. BGR has an article saying they are pushing it in Manhattan, which is good, but I honestly don't understand their marketing strategy.
    03-29-13 09:56 AM
    Not have display models in 3 different stores blows my mind especially being corporate

Posted via CB10
    03-29-13 01:25 PM
    I noticed the cases weren't displayed at my Verizon either but the guy explained apple paid for there displays. When I was getting my Z10 there were 3 people getting 1 as the store opened, me included.

We just need to get ours and show everyone how great they are. My girlfriend has a galaxy relay S. She has mentioned how she likes some of the features I've mentioned to her and how she wants one.

Sell baby

Posted via CB10
    03-29-13 01:49 PM
    i went into the verizon store at the mall in nyc.. of course I had to look for the z10. this time it wasn't as hard to find as other stores.. as i'm standing over the display z10. someone comes over and looks at it.. without any hesitation.. i just ask..do you have any questions about the z10.. he goes.. well actually he does.. we go into a 20min conversation about the features of what the blackberry can do and how it's different from his bold..

i tell him i don't work here.. but i don't see a blackberry rep here.. so i'd figure i'd help out.. he then states that before i came in, he had asked the verizon reps the same questions and all they said was that it was a good phone. but they knew nothing about the phone.

he then tells me he loves blackberries.. and he's been on this site called crackberry.com. i told him.. me too.. and that there's a crackberry meetup on thursday and he should register..

in the end.. he doesn't get the phone at verizon cuz he has sprint and will change to att. he just wanted answers to his questions before he goes to att to buy the phone. he also said his community is big on blackberry, but they didn't any yet because of the religious holiday but will buy after the holiday is over.

Bottom Line: Sell like ****.. now i'm just gonna pass by a random wireless store and see if anybody's looking at a z10.. if they are..and there is no blackberry rep.. i'm just gonna go up to them and ask if they have any questions..
    DawnMills likes this.
    03-29-13 02:13 PM
    I pre ordered mine but ended up having to go to a couple Verizon stores because page plus screwed up on porting my number. First store could not help because they were a reseller but did have the phone on display next to the I phone. No major signage but the rep seemed to like the one he pulled from the drawer. Second store was a corporate store across the street and they did have a sign up in the store and again, positive attitude from the staff and a display model next to the iphone. The rep that helped me said they hadn't sold any yet and I was the first one who owned one he had spoken to.

Posted via CB10
    03-29-13 03:12 PM
    No one here will get them either unless they Att because it's not out to see , like it doesn't exist. Why would they even stock it if they don't plan on displaying it at all. Out of sight out of mind. Something is up if the entire area doesn't even have a dummy model for you to look at. Do the mobile operators hate BlackBerry that much. Do they get less commission for selling blackberry because of the old Bis? I just don't get why they won't give it a shot.

Posted via CB10
    03-29-13 05:38 PM