I think that BlackBerry was very smart is delaying the release of BB10 in the United States (pure speculation that it was manipulated and not due to some other constraining factor).

BlackBerry realizes the imprtance of the US market, and they have to get it right. So, they rolled it out in other countries first, which became the world largest test bed ever.

I'm predicting the first upgrade to BB10 will be on the phones sold in the United States.

Let the rest of the world kick the tires, so to speak... find the bugs... and BBRY will fix them BEFORE selling the phones in the United States.

If the US was rolled out at the same time as anyone else, ANY issues, or presumed issues, would be magnified and would stymie the adoption (upgrades and conversions) to the point where it would be deemed a "failure".

I, for one, can't wait to get my hands on a Z10 (prior to this I was strictly a QWERTY kind of guy --- though I LOVE the Torch! -- the best of both worlds -- but, the Z10 just looks far too good to not want.

What do you think?
    02-28-13 11:33 AM
    Hmmm all the other news says the delay is due to carrier testing, you know something we don't?

Posted from my Z10.
    02-28-13 11:35 AM
    Hmmm all the other news says the delay is due to carrier testing, you know something we don't?

Posted from my Z10.
    I have no inside information. Pure speculation on my part.
    02-28-13 11:41 AM
    And there is other speculation that the carriers were perfecting their Bloatware. Search for that beauty of a thread.
    No one knows.
    The FCC just granted approval to the Verizon Zed10 earlier this week.

NO ONE KNOWS
    jdhooghe and big_time2 like this.
    02-28-13 11:47 AM
    +1

Posted via CB10
    02-28-13 11:47 AM
    Hardly speculation as it is common businesses sense. Why would any business in or out of the balances launch a product to the World's biggest market without testing on smaller ones?

Posted via CB10
    lcgoldman likes this.
    02-28-13 11:55 AM
    Yes, lots of companies do this. India, South Africa etc...see Microsoft software much earlier than North America...

BesAdmin Z10 User
    02-28-13 12:10 PM
    It was the smart thing to do. The American media is so biased towards any foreign made product that any flaw or bug would have been mercilessly attacked. While also downplaying any short comings of the Iphone that is "Made in America " with "American ingenuity."

Posted via CB10
    02-28-13 12:40 PM
    So from the responses posted to date, we shouldn't be complaining then... Perhaps we should be grateful!

Lonnie
    "Have an attitude of gratitude"
    02-28-13 12:41 PM
    Only if a sufficient number of bugs and enhancements are fixed before launch...
    bbfan1040 and mset like this.
    02-28-13 12:45 PM
    It appears they did a good job with it as there seems to be no major bugs besides people complaining about Facebook and twitter
    02-28-13 12:54 PM
    Nice speculation... It is possible that BlackBerry has some major updates in their newer version of BB10 that requires additional testing and to your point they may have wanted to get the best possible experience out of their OS for the US market, which will be looking at it with a VERY fine tooth comb (and let's face it, they're going to be looking for the bad things, not the good ones).
    lcgoldman and frannip like this.
    02-28-13 01:05 PM
    It was the smart thing to do. The American media is so biased towards any foreign made product that any flaw or bug would have been mercilessly attacked. While also downplaying any short comings of the Iphone that is "Made in America " with "American ingenuity."

Posted via CB10
    Oh so iPhone, made in China - based in the CrackBerry USA still receives a made in the USA stamp. What happened with Samsung? Should they be killing it /them since it's made in Korea?
    02-28-13 01:16 PM
    My point is if a product is not invented in the USA Americans have this belief that it's inferior.

Posted via CB10
    dracolnyte likes this.
    02-28-13 01:24 PM

Posted from my Z10.
    According to several armchair CEO's around these forums, BlackBerry's own miscalculations are to blame for the delayed US launch. Do they know something we don't?

Why is it that when news is perceived as bad, it's usually BlackBerry's fault, but any potential upside is automatically chucked away as mere coincidence...
    BlackStormRising and skibnik like this.
    02-28-13 01:26 PM
    According to several armchair CEO's around these forums, BlackBerry's own miscalculations are to blame for the delayed US launch. Do they know something we don't?

Why is it that when news is perceived as bad, it's usually BlackBerry's fault, but any potential upside is automatically chucked away as mere coincidence...
    Armchair CEO's? +1 lol

Posted via CB10
    02-28-13 01:31 PM
    My point is if a product is not invented in the USA Americans have this belief that it's inferior.

Posted via CB10
    And where do you live? I can't find much in the USA to buy that is made in the USA. I probably buy things daily that weren't invented in the USA.
    02-28-13 01:34 PM
    Do bb z10 have different models? Mine SIM card place is somewhere up than the video I saw is in the middle of the gadget. Any clue?
    02-28-13 01:37 PM

Posted via CB10
    Just the opposite I think and Americans have no problem buying from Walmart.
    I don't know anyone that would say the the BMW is inferior or Honda is less reliable then anything the US has to offer.
    jdhooghe likes this.
    02-28-13 01:39 PM
    I think BB just didn't think things through. The wait for U.S. customers took way too long, now the Z10 is going up against Galaxy S4 and soon the new iPhone's. If you're not a die hard BlackBerry fan, you have no reason to go for the Z10 because S4's and iPhone's are the "trendy" phones. I think Z10 sales are going to be disastrous in the U.S. when it is finally sold. (I'm a BlackBerry fan so I'm gonna wait it out for the Q10)
    millerliteboy likes this.
    02-28-13 01:44 PM
    I think that BlackBerry was very smart is delaying the release of BB10 in the United States (pure speculation that it was manipulated and not due to some other constraining factor).

BlackBerry realizes the imprtance of the US market, and they have to get it right. So, they rolled it out in other countries first, which became the world largest test bed ever.

I'm predicting the first upgrade to BB10 will be on the phones sold in the United States.

Let the rest of the world kick the tires, so to speak... find the bugs... and BBRY will fix them BEFORE selling the phones in the United States.

If the US was rolled out at the same time as anyone else, ANY issues, or presumed issues, would be magnified and would stymie the adoption (upgrades and conversions) to the point where it would be deemed a "failure".

I, for one, can't wait to get my hands on a Z10 (prior to this I was strictly a QWERTY kind of guy --- though I LOVE the Torch! -- the best of both worlds -- but, the Z10 just looks far too good to not want.

What do you think?
    Your speculation is reasonable. Except that you forgot the fact that the U.S is not center of the Universe (*I thought so until it was said by someone*). And if this is true then there's no reason for BlackBerry to be worried about the U.S market; and if BlackBerry is not so worried about the U.S market then your speculation is not entirely reasonable. Having said I think we both agree that any bug fixes are extremely welcomed. The more the merrier.
    lcgoldman likes this.
    02-28-13 02:26 PM
    Your speculation is reasonable. Except that you forgot the fact that the U.S is not center of the Universe (*I thought so until it was said by someone*). And if this is true then there's no reason for BlackBerry to be worried about the U.S market; and if BlackBerry is not so worried about the U.S market then your speculation is not entirely reasonable. Having said I think we both agree that any bug fixes are extremely welcomed. The more the merrier.
    No, but it is the biggest market (I think).
    02-28-13 02:30 PM

And to the Choir of Angels Faithful Defenders of BlackBerry, everything BlackBerry has done and is doing is just fine, so there is NO PROBLEM. It's just Old News being recycled.
    Typical nonsense.
    02-28-13 02:36 PM
    I am just guessing like everyone else but I am betting that "lack of inventory" is the reason they delayed. The carriers have had plenty of time for testing. It may also have given BB time to tweak the OS for a few bugs that have shown up.
    02-28-13 02:36 PM
    BlackBerry getting buried in the US is a major contributor to them dropping like a rock in GLOBAL market share. There are still pockets of support, but not in the US.

Now if you think that BlackBerry can survive, thrive and regain a place near the top without the US, perhaps you should enlighten their CMO who flat out stated how important the US market is.
    jdhooghe likes this.
    02-28-13 02:37 PM
86 123 ...