Just turned in my third Z10 for a replacement - it would not boot regardless of what was tried.

I never had this problem with my old reliable Bold 9930 - which is what I am using until my new Z10 arrives.

What happened to Blackberry reliability?
    11-20-13 02:56 PM
    Mine is the second Z10 in 5 months and the first one had to be fitted twice.

BBM rocks, WhatsApp sucks!
    poisonfree likes this.
    11-20-13 03:09 PM
    Just turned in my third Z10 for a replacement - it would not boot regardless of what was tried.

I never had this problem with my old reliable Bold 9930 - which is what I am using until my new Z10 arrives.

What happened to Blackberry reliability?
    You've obviously gone through this with the a few times now, so I'll ask you: aside from this ridiculous @BlackBerryHelp twitter nonsense (which seems to go largely unanswered), what's the best route you've found to deal with BlackBerry in regards to a faulty device? I purchased my Z10 less than two months ago in the UK - and trying to get BB's attention locally (after being told to contact them by the UK provider) has been an exercise in patience.

Thoughts?
    11-20-13 03:13 PM
    Have you tried switching power supply or power outlet? Maybe somethings going on that's frying the Z10.
    11-20-13 03:13 PM
    dang hope this one works well for you.
    11-20-13 03:18 PM
    A little background information as to what led to the issue would help a lot. The few Z10's that I've dealt with have all been rock solid.

Posted via CB10
    11-21-13 12:29 PM
    Both times my Z10 seemed to die when it was plugged into a charger (that came with the phone). The first time in my car charger, and the second two times on wall chargers. That's about all the correlation I can come up with
    11-25-13 06:59 AM
    Good luck. Hope third time is a charm. I am still with my original.

Curve 8320, Bold 9780, Bold 9900, PB 64gb, Z10
    11-25-13 09:17 AM
    Both times my Z10 seemed to die when it was plugged into a charger (that came with the phone). The first time in my car charger, and the second two times on wall chargers. That's about all the correlation I can come up with
    Suspect wall charger issue. I had to replace my charger (stock) cable as it was causing my phone to restart. I also had issues with my car charger, which I had to change (non-stock). BTW, it is usually not a good idea to plug your car charger into your phone until after the car has started. And... if you are using the same cable from wall to car...
    11-25-13 09:43 AM
    Don't use generic or weak chargers with your Z10. They throw off the charging circuits. To recalibrate and solve your issues follow these steps: Take out the dead battery, SIM card and SD card. Plug in the original BlackBerry charger that came with the phone. Hold the power button for 3 seconds or until you see the red light come on. Leave the phone in this state for at least 2 minutes or until it shuts off completely on it's own. You may or may not see the red battery outline or the white blackberry logo on the screen. Plug out the charger and leave everything out for 1 hour. Replace everything and allow the phone to charge. Never use weak chargers on your Z10 again.

It's a shame that the carriers didn't know to tell you this but it's happened to me and also a friend of mine and many other Z10 users as well. I hope it doesn't happen with the Z30 because the battery can't be taken out to recalibrate the charging circuits. Makes me kinda scared of the Z30 and other non removable battery BlackBerry devices actually. I can't imagine how many others have returned their Z10's because of this common issue.

Posted via CB10
    GreenCopperz likes this.
    11-25-13 12:10 PM
    I'm with Jordane02, I'm still using my original Z10.
    One issue that I did have is, there were blue dots (dead pixels) in the screen and BlackBerry replaced the screen for me.
    I've not had any issues with anything else on my phone.

I hope that your next phone you get a keeper!

Post via my Z10!
    11-25-13 12:13 PM
    I love my z10 so far there's no problem appearing i have it for a month now

Posted via CB10
    11-25-13 05:35 PM
    Don't use generic or weak chargers with your Z10. They throw off the charging circuits. To recalibrate and solve your issues follow these steps: Take out the dead battery, SIM card and SD card. Plug in the original BlackBerry charger that came with the phone. Hold the power button for 3 seconds or until you see the red light come on. Leave the phone in this state for at least 2 minutes or until it shuts off completely on it's own. You may or may not see the red battery outline or the white blackberry logo on the screen. Plug out the charger and leave everything out for 1 hour. Replace everything and allow the phone to charge. Never use weak chargers on your Z10 again.

It's a shame that the carriers didn't know to tell you this but it's happened to me and also a friend of mine and many other Z10 users as well. I hope it doesn't happen with the Z30 because the battery can't be taken out to recalibrate the charging circuits. Makes me kinda scared of the Z30 and other non removable battery BlackBerry devices actually. I can't imagine how many others have returned their Z10's because of this common issue.

Posted via CB10
    I hope this works because I'm having one helluva problem with my z10 right now... it won't turn on, I get the slow blinking yellow led, and it says it's charging and obviously isn't.

I'll follow your steps and see if it comes back to life.

fingers are crossed...

** UPDATE 24hr LATER** well, after sitting on the charger for a bit more, it came to life. I had it basically on the charger uninterrupted until it was totally full and everything is back to normal. I can't say if this process did anything at all, but my z10 is back. As a side note..the thought of down time without a BB by my side resulted in an impulsive z30 purchase... so now we wait for the new goods to arrive...lol
    Last edited by Mr.Conviviality; 11-28-13 at 02:23 PM. Reason: update
    CyberMan2013 likes this.
    11-27-13 02:54 PM