Well, I finally get to throw in my .02 because I have joined the random reboot club today. Before that, I know I did not have any reboots by checking my boot time periodically (after browsing a few of these threads), hoping that I dodged the problem. Woke up and saw that my 3 active frames were gone, and the boot time was about 15 minutes before my alarm went off. I turned my phone off to write an exam in the morning and it should have been back on after 12:30. Well, the latest boot time now says 16:05. I have no idea whether more restarts happened today since most of the time it is kept in a holster, although I know nothing happened from 13:30-15:30 when it was in front of me in class.

I also suspect it is an app conflict because now the Sector Strike is transparent (will get a screenshot to explain). I think I installed Ghost Commander, Color Oil and Unravel the web yesterday. As for background data transfer processes, I have a lot of accounts running: 1 push EAS, 1 push gmail, 1 yahoo (push not working, grrr), 2 push hotmail, Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, Box and DropBox. Barely any traffic on LinkedIn and Twitter, and the cloud accounts do not sync media. I'm running on LTE all the time and never use wifi.
    Attachment 152216

Forgot to add one thing. I had a weird issue yesterday where accounts were randomly not being displayed in the hub...like a ghost turned off the sliders in the settings menu. I also had some of my duplicate Yahoo contacts appear to originate from a blank account.
    04-17-13 07:03 PM
    So, I caught it reboot during dinner It didn't resolve the transparent Sector Strike icon or the blank contacts. Sector Strike has been removed and I'm hunting for any other non-working apps.
    04-17-13 08:39 PM
    How many people with reboots have a side loaded app or an sd card?

Posted via CB10
    04-20-13 09:24 PM
    @OP~ any more random boots?
    What apps are installed now also.
    04-21-13 03:14 PM
    How many people with reboots have a side loaded app or an sd card?

Posted via CB10
    Not a single reboot for me. I have side loaded apps and a 32GB card. Besides that, I truly believe the random reboots are caused by a bad card or some machine level failure when installing some app.

Posted via CB10
    04-21-13 03:24 PM
    I think it's clear that the VZW Os is unstable. There's a lot of variables out there causing the rebooting which makes it difficult to pinpoint it.

Posted via CB10
    From everything that I have read on CB about this issue, would agree with you. Obviously the delay in the U.S release must have been network testing only and no OS tests with their carrier mods! Seems like the delay was a complete waste of time by them and hope they get it fixed for you guys.

Posted via CB10
    04-21-13 04:56 PM
    Put in my sd card from my 9780. Began having random reboots while listening to music that was on the card. Saved files on PC, formatted SD card and reloaded card with files. Haven't had one since...
    Anyone having random reboots without SD card inserted?

Posted via CB10
    04-26-13 05:21 PM
    i've noticed my reboots are more frequent with the allowed gestures while screen locked option on (once every night or other night). with it off it'll reboot once a week. 8gb sdcard, and only apps i've got installed are cb10, guardian and cbssports.
    04-26-13 05:29 PM
    here is the crucial test: has anyone who has never used an sd card or sideloaded and app ever experienced random reeboots?

Posted via CB10
    04-27-13 11:41 AM
    here is the crucial test: has anyone who has never used an sd card or sideloaded and app ever experienced random reeboots?

Yes.
    04-27-13 11:46 AM
    Yes, I get every night reboot without sd card. Installed latest 11.1 leaked version

Posted via CB10
    05-01-13 01:17 AM
    I don't side load and my Z10 rebooted on me for the first time this morning.

Post via CB Z10
    05-01-13 01:28 AM
    I thought in the beginning some had faulty z10's its not the case. I for one started experiencing random reboots and read that the ebay app was at fault. I uninstalled the app and it solved my problem. Until I used Facebook, Twitter or Blaq for an extended period of time viewing hundreds of pics. However when I exit the app and try to do something else the z10 randomly rebooted. Also experienced a random reboot when plunging my z10 in the car. It's weird to me and I hope the issue is resolved in 10.1. I'm not sure but I think it's a memory leak issue causing everything to destabilize prompting reboot. Just a thought.

Posted via CB10
    05-01-13 02:27 AM
    I don't side load and my Z10 rebooted on me for the first time this morning.

Post via CB Z10
    you and me both. noticed when I got to work that battery guru wasn't running and then I checked the time stamp. and yup, it rebooted on the drive. the last thing I remember doing was downloading an app from bbw. it obviously didn't finish because the app wasn't installed.
    05-01-13 04:42 AM
    On and on it goes.

Tim

Posted with a BlackBerry Z10
    05-01-13 05:22 AM
    So, my phone just reboot itself again. (Hadn't had many reboots since I got my phone)
    The first time it rebooted by itself was overnight and I found out by looking at the time of last boot.
    Today I noticed it rebooting because it was right in front of me on my desk. It wasn't charging or anything. The battery is half full.
    It's a LE BB STL100-3. on 10.0.10.85
    05-01-13 05:52 PM
    Mine usually reboots during the night, although I've seen it do it during the day once as well.
    I find this frightening as there seems to be no rhyme or reason to why.
    Whatever fixed one guy's problem doesn't make a difference to another.
    Really frustrating...

Posted via CB10
    05-02-13 08:30 AM
    I find this frightening as there seems to be no rhyme or reason to why.
    Whatever fixed one guy's problem doesn't make a difference to another.
    Really frustrating...

Which is why I created the following:

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...eryone-801750/
    05-02-13 02:33 PM
    The random rebooting at night seems to be a surprisingly common complaint! Mine does it as well, maybe twice a week. Doesn't bother me, obviously, because I'm sleeping. I know when it's happened without having to check the boot log because Data Monitor and Battery Lover apps are not open in Active Frames. And it's not like there's a reason for it. My phone spends the night resting peacefully on my dresser, some distance from my bed. I do plug it in every night, so it's ready to go for the next day. I don't use Bedtime mode. I also don't have any pets, so, unless I've developed a sleeping disorder that makes me sleep-walk over to my phone and reboot it, I don't see a reason for it. Once again, it doesn't actually bother me. I'm just curious why it happens at all.

Posted via CB10
    05-13-13 02:54 PM
    The random rebooting at night seems to be a surprisingly common complaint! Mine does it as well, maybe twice a week. Doesn't bother me, obviously, because I'm sleeping. I know when it's happened without having to check the boot log because Data Monitor and Battery Lover apps are not open in Active Frames. And it's not like there's a reason for it. My phone spends the night resting peacefully on my dresser, some distance from my bed. I do plug it in every night, so it's ready to go for the next day. I don't use Bedtime mode. I also don't have any pets, so, unless I've developed a sleeping disorder that makes me sleep-walk over to my phone and reboot it, I don't see a reason for it. Once again, it doesn't actually bother me. I'm just curious why it happens at all.

Posted via CB10
    This is indeed the most common pattern. Mine included. That should be a good start to troubleshoot.

Posted via CB10
    05-13-13 02:56 PM
95 ... 234