This might not be a problem for some but I noticed that if I leave the hub in a particular mailbox and if I then peek to see a new message, the view I get is the same as I left it in. This means I have to leave the application, go to the hub and then swipe to reveal various options. This makes the entire peek gesture useless. Just wondering if BlackBerry shouldn't always show the unified hub whenever a peek gesture is invoked irrespective of where I left the hub.
    Anyone else thinks the same?

Posted via CB10
    vjvj likes this.
    03-18-13 06:29 AM
    I think they did this on purpose. Its been my experience (mainly when composing emails) that this flows nicely. Say I'm typing up an email need some info off the browser I swipe over into the browser then just swipe back into my email. Also an open PDF for example is always available unti I choose to close it. I can see your point however. So I guess it just a personal preference thing. Mabey in the future there will be an option to always return to the base hub.
    vjvj likes this.
    03-18-13 06:40 AM
    Hopefully this will get refined, maybe based on a timer. If you are in a flow it returns to same place but if phone has been idle or put of that flow for a while next time it goes back to root of the hub.

Posted via CB10
    imz, shads77, scrapmetal58 and 2 others like this.
    03-18-13 06:49 AM
    I agree, I think the hub should default to the main collection either after a certain number of minutes or if any new notifications come in... or at least make it user-selectable.
    03-18-13 06:53 AM
    Please use the search function. There are plenty of threads on this issue. Anyways, in my opinion, this is how it should be:

Peek: always back to the top of the hub view, even if you left it in a specific account or while writing a text, etc.

Swiping to the hub from the home screen: back to whatever you were doing.
    bintheredundat likes this.
    03-18-13 06:55 AM
    Please use the search function. There are plenty of threads on this issue. Anyways, in my opinion, this is how it should be:

Peek: always back to the top of the hub view, even if you left it in a specific account or while writing a text, etc.

Swiping to the hub from the home screen: back to whatever you were doing.
    That's what I mean. The flow should take me back to whatever I left open in the hub, but the peek should always show me the entire hub view.

Posted via CB10
    anon(4044683) likes this.
    03-18-13 07:23 AM
    Since the Hub is contantly running (never idles, never stops working), it would be difficult to make it so that when peeking it shows the base view while any other time it brings you back to what you were doing.

I've found that if you think of the OS (including the Hub) like a deck of cards, it makes understanding this a lot simpler. You're spending the entire time moving cards back and forth. When you go into the Hub and look at an email, that's a card you are laying on top of the main overview of the Hub. If you then take your home screen card and lay that on top (by moving out of the Hub), the card that's underneath can't move itself out of the deck. Inconvenience, but it's a tradeoff to have that smooth multi-tasking and real time integrated mailbox built in. You don't close the Hub when you move out of it.

I've gotten into the habit of takign myself back to the Hub main screen before going back to the Home screen. Adds an extra swipe to my time. I'm not too worried about it.

JB
    03-18-13 07:32 AM
    I'd like the time out feature on the hub as well. That would be a great improvement.
    03-18-13 11:21 AM
    Just a question in relation to this topic. Speaking of "Flow". If I'm in a app and get a message and peek over and answer the message, and swipe out of the hub it goes back to active frames in stead of the app I left to answer the message. Where is the FLOW there?
    I'm sure this is not just me
    Just saying

Posted via CB10
    03-18-13 04:24 PM
    Just a question in relation to this topic. Speaking of "Flow". If I'm in a app and get a message and peek over and answer the message, and swipe out of the hub it goes back to active frames in stead of the app I left to answer the message. Where is the FLOW there?
    I'm sure this is not just me
    Just saying

Posted via CB10
    Because many times an important message triggers a different action and you wouldn't want to go back to the app and than exit to home screen plus the swipe up gesture is the home screen button equivalent.
    03-18-13 04:54 PM
    It would be nice to have a set time for this in the option menu. The people that like to return to the last opened 'card ' would be able to get the option that they want and the users that want to go directly to the main HUB by default would also have the option. I personally would also like to see the open" SUB HUB" card disappear after a set amount of time and take me back to the main HUB.
    There seems to be mixed thoughts on this. Customization is what BlackBerry is know for, in time I would hope this is something that will be considered in a future upgrade.

CB10 App, Z10
    03-18-13 05:03 PM
    As others have said previously I just press the back key or swipe back to the Hub before leaving the hub so when I go back there its on the full list view. Also if you've gone a few stages in to an email (like viewing attachments etc) you can just swipe to the right on the back key to go back to the Hub so you don't need to do two or three swipes to get there. I understand your frustration but i don't think they should change it to automatically go back to the Hub whenever you leave the hub then come back, i think having a setting somewhere so people can choose which they prefer would work best.

Posted via CB10
    03-18-13 06:42 PM
    I agree with OP. It is not intuitive to always return to the last open tab in the hub when a peek gesture is performed. Peek should always lead to the hub and flow should bring back to the last opened tab in the hub. Or BBRY has another reason which I missed?
    03-18-13 08:50 PM