When connected to my vehicle via blue tooth you can't choose if the instructions come over the car, which requires me to have the phone be the input, or over the phone itself.

Now this may be a limitation of blue tooth or my vehicles software but since I don't have any music on my device yet I listen to the radio and would quite likely do that anyways I end up driving mostly in silence when I want to use navigation. It would just be nice to be able to have the option in regards to maps audio.

I don't know if it's like this on other platforms, came from webos that didn't have any but I'm just finding it a little annoying.

Posted from CB10 on my LE Zed 10
    04-10-13 04:49 PM
    It a limitation of your radio
    04-10-13 04:59 PM
    Of my specific cars radio, of the blue tooth radio or the software of my car's radio?

Posted from CB10 on my LE Zed10
    04-10-13 05:06 PM
    It worked for me via my iphone but doesn't via the z10

Also something that bugs me is that you need the screen on all the time as it will turn off (settings) and not turn on when your turn is coming up.

Currently went back to a tethered ipad for driving.

Posted via CB10
    04-10-13 05:12 PM
    Strange I haven't had that problem with the screen turning off. It's strange that the iphone works for you. Wonder where the limitation is.

04-10-13 05:20 PM
    My android doesn't pass the audio of map directions through the bluetooth either. It will route all calls through the car's bluetooth then when a turn is coming it just come from the phone's speakers.
    04-10-13 05:25 PM
    My android doesn't pass the audio of map directions through the bluetooth either. It will route all calls through the car's bluetooth then when a turn is coming it just come from the phone's speakers.
    That is basically exactly what I currently want

04-10-13 05:58 PM
    My annoyance unless I'm blind. How come I can't enter a start and end destination? The starting point always has to be from my current GPS location. What if I wanted directions from a starting and end point that I'm not currently located at. I'll say it again, am I blind or is this feature missing?
    AshDeezy likes this.
    04-10-13 06:09 PM
    At least yours works. Mine worked the first day I tried it but now it tells me to go outside - when I'm standing a parking lot under gorgeous blue skies. And it doesn't matter where I am in the city. I thought at first it was an AT&T signal thing but then I realized that my wifi only iPad knew exactly where I was - outside with no wifi signal anywhere. It just couldn't tell me where to go.

I checked all the settings and everything was where it was supposed to be so I'm stumped. Any suggestions?

Posted via CB10
    04-10-13 10:19 PM
    My annoyance unless I'm blind. How come I can't enter a start and end destination? The starting point always has to be from my current GPS location. What if I wanted directions from a starting and end point that I'm not currently located at. I'll say it again, am I blind or is this feature missing?
    It is definitely missing and an annoyance. I have Google Maps side loaded but it's too clunky...need this is native maps.

Posted via CB10
    04-10-13 10:49 PM
    It is definitely missing and an annoyance. I have Google Maps side loaded but it's too clunky...need this is native maps.

Posted via CB10
    This is why I have a shortcut to the maps.google.com on my homepage. I use the BB Maps app for turn by turn directions from my starting point (it works really well for that) to any address in my calendar or contacts or something I've input (or favorite). For everything else (eg point to point directions, transit schedules, traffic), I use google maps. I've noticed that if you veer off course, google maps (iPhone4) will try to get you back to it's drawn-out route (not necessarily the direct route) whereas BB Maps will get you to your destination (from your GPS location) quicker. Traffic on google maps is a bit better, but the traffic on BB maps is much improved in the last few weeks.
    04-10-13 11:15 PM
    At least yours works. Mine worked the first day I tried it but now it tells me to go outside - when I'm standing a parking lot under gorgeous blue skies. And it doesn't matter where I am in the city. I thought at first it was an AT&T signal thing but then I realized that my wifi only iPad knew exactly where I was - outside with no wifi signal anywhere. It just couldn't tell me where to go.

I checked all the settings and everything was where it was supposed to be so I'm stumped. Any suggestions?

Posted via CB10
    Hmmmm. Restart the Z10. Go outside for a clear view of the sky. Then either start the maps app or the compass app.
    04-10-13 11:19 PM
    I'll try a battery pull and try again but I was outside in an open parking lot and tried it at different locations and still nothing.

Posted via CB10
    04-11-13 08:49 AM
    With my phone connect via Bluetooth, connect to my BMW... I get navigation audio over my speakers if I am listening to spotify on my phone. It will dim the audio...

If I am listening to my iPod connected to my car via cable... Then I cannot get navigation directions.. Only calls will activate my car radio for Bluetooth.

I think what you are asking for is not possible... On any phone connected to Bluetooth.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
    04-11-13 09:01 AM
    With my phone connect via Bluetooth, connect to my BMW... I get navigation audio over my speakers if I am listening to spotify on my phone. It will dim the audio...

If I am listening to my iPod connected to my car via cable... Then I cannot get navigation directions.. Only calls will activate my car radio for Bluetooth.

I think what you are asking for is not possible... On any phone connected to Bluetooth.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
    Ah, ok. So ill stock some music on my device for when I want to use navigation and move on from this. Inconvenience solved as much as it can be I guess.

04-11-13 08:03 PM
    Dude, swipe down and disable blue tooth. Takes maybe 1 second. If a call comes in, swipe down and enable bluetooth, takes again, 1 second.

Pretty simple workaround, but I agree there should be an option to select sound output and volume. It would probably take longer to change tho hahaha. I guess the change would be persistant though

Posted via CB10
    04-11-13 09:35 PM
    Dude, swipe down and disable blue tooth. Takes maybe 1 second. If a call comes in, swipe down and enable bluetooth, takes again, 1 second.

Pretty simple workaround, but I agree there should be an option to select sound output and volume. It would probably take longer to change tho hahaha. I guess the change would be persistant though

Posted via CB10
    That is not a viable option. Driving laws where I am forbid this and it is against my principles to use my phone when driving, it is extremely dangerous when driving. So blue tooth is either on or off.

04-11-13 09:40 PM
    I'll try a battery pull
    Reminder: restart, don't pull

Posted on a Z10 via CB10
    04-11-13 10:17 PM