Personally, I have always loved Blackberry. Held out with great anticipation for this new phone, Got it right away.

Quite the adjustment from the Torch. I figured out everything but one thing, that if there is no fix, will ultimately end my Blackberry usage.

Texting and emailing is a big part of my life. And with this phone, I am terrified to use the delete button, as every time I do, it auto deletes everything I just typed. Someone please tell me there is a way to disable this function. I realize that if I hold it, it will auto delete, but I don't have surgeon fingers, and if I don't press and hold the delete button for longer than 2 seconds, 1 second even.. It shouldnt delete the whole text/email I just wrote. Beyond frustrated at this point.

Please help me, as I'd like to stay with Blackberry.
    02-14-13 10:22 AM
    just swipe to the left on the keypad and it will delete the current word.

I hve not had the issues you are experiencing
    02-14-13 10:36 AM
    I've read that else where, makes me believe I just got a bum phone. Swiping directions is never consistent to a specific direction.
    02-14-13 10:38 AM
    Personally, I have always loved Blackberry. Held out with great anticipation for this new phone, Got it right away.

Quite the adjustment from the Torch. I figured out everything but one thing, that if there is no fix, will ultimately end my Blackberry usage.

Texting and emailing is a big part of my life. And with this phone, I am terrified to use the delete button, as every time I do, it auto deletes everything I just typed. Someone please tell me there is a way to disable this function. I realize that if I hold it, it will auto delete, but I don't have surgeon fingers, and if I don't press and hold the delete button for longer than 2 seconds, 1 second even.. It shouldnt delete the whole text/email I just wrote. Beyond frustrated at this point.

Please help me, as I'd like to stay with Blackberry.
    I've got nothing for ya as I don't own a Z10....YET
    I have a question for you tho, if I may????
    I read that incoming txt don't initiate an LED notification. Is this true????? It seems weird a BB handheld wouldn't give you an LED notification for a received txt. I've also read that there isn't a lock screen notification icon. A user needs to wake up, swipe open and at least use peek to identify what the notification is alerting you to.
    Is any of this correct?????
    Please advise......& Thanks
    02-14-13 10:41 AM
    I haven't had this issue either... backspace should delete single character entries and the left swipe deletes just the last word...

The LED notifier does blink red with every notification; text messages too. When the screen is off, the notifier still dings (default ring tone) and the red light blinks, it also does this on the lock screen. I just tested it with the wife's BlackBerry Z10 and mine.
    02-14-13 10:49 AM
    Well what if I dont want to delete the whole word, rather just the letter.

I think another option is to see if I can switch the the Q10.
    02-14-13 11:15 AM
    I thought I read here that if you are in magnify mode, that might happen. Something you may check out.
    02-14-13 11:17 AM
    I've got nothing for ya as I don't own a Z10....YET
    I have a question for you tho, if I may????
    I read that incoming txt don't initiate an LED notification. Is this true????? It seems weird a BB handheld wouldn't give you an LED notification for a received txt. I've also read that there isn't a lock screen notification icon. A user needs to wake up, swipe open and at least use peek to identify what the notification is alerting you to.
    Is any of this correct?????
    Please advise......& Thanks
    No none of that is true.
    02-14-13 01:43 PM
    Well what if I dont want to delete the whole word, rather just the letter.

I think another option is to see if I can switch the the Q10.
    Just to elaborate on what cpsquires said, the problem is most likely Magnify Mode. Turn this off and your issue should be solved. To turn it off:
    Settings>Accessibility>Magnify Mode: Off
    02-14-13 01:46 PM