I got the Blackberry z10 day #1 in canada. So far the phone works great but there is somethings I started to miss and its starting to hurt my business in the process.

1. No Skype yet after almost 2 months no skype. This has been very hard on my business since 60% of my clients use skype to talk to me. I do video conferences and phone with people in USA and Europe. I miss my old phone. Yes I have skype on my desktop and laptop but most of the time I'm on the road and need that communcation.

2. Facebook is horrible on BB10. I use facebook for some of my business. Using it on BB10 the updates and almost 6 to 10 days old. I'm getting the feeling facebook does not want to support this device since there has never been one update since i got the phone.

3. No Battle.net Mobile Authenticator for bb10. I like to have the odd game here and there when I travel. I had to side load it, but it should have a native app for it. So far blizzard said there not going to support the new bb10.

4. Contacts on blackberry z10 work most of the time but **** me off when I turn off facebook and linkin and twitter contacts. I don't even turn off the phone it seems if it is idle for couple of hours I go back into contacts and bang all there again and have to turn them off each time save it again just to have it happen again. Grrrrr.

I really like the phone and hope that these issues are fixed soon. I really need these things to work right. Otherwise I might switch back to apple. I'm sorry but I cannot have this burden hurt my profits at the end of the day much longer.
    warfroggy likes this.
    03-24-13 04:23 PM
    Once again, maybe the Z10 isn't right for you at this time. We'll be here when it works for you... In the meantime, do what you need to take cafe of your business... Good luck!
    03-24-13 04:36 PM
    I have the same issue with the address book and Facebook is horrible at this point. Unfortunately these forums have changed over the last few years and now it seems that if you post anything remotely negative about BlackBerry you get sarcastic responses from newbies.

Posted via CB10
    zr22 and h20work like this.
    03-24-13 04:40 PM
    Skype is coming shortly. Hopefully by the end of the month when all U.S carriers will have the phone released.

I use Facebook mobile a lot (it is a bit better), but I don't think the app is as bad as people think it is. Just my personal opinion though.

I have only had to go into my contacts once under settings to keep Facebook and Twitter contacts off.
    03-24-13 04:43 PM
    Nothing sarcastic about my reply. If it is not doing what you need, use what does...
    03-24-13 04:45 PM
    Yep I want this phone to work. I love the multitasking and the interface. But if blackberry was for business they should have had Skype out day #1 period. I know we have whatsapp and flacflow and other ones. But my clients are using what they like. I'm not going to tell them what to do and get a blackberry z10 or other things to work with me.
    zr22 likes this.
    03-24-13 04:45 PM
    I agree, they should have had Skype out before launching it at all. Not sure what is up. But Blackberry tweeted a few days ago that it is the coming soon. I know you can sideload Skype for now if you don't mind doing that stuff.
    zr22 likes this.
    03-24-13 04:48 PM
    I agree with what you are saying. But like anything new I was prepared for a few issues. Other than Skype I feel that both the address book and Facebook is in need of some work. But I would live with it for all the pluses I get from this phone compared to what I had before or what I see out there today.

Posted via CB10
    zr22 likes this.
    03-24-13 04:50 PM
    More early adopter woes....
    zr22 likes this.
    03-24-13 04:51 PM
    So you knew Skype is critical to your business and you knew it is not available for the Z10. You still bought it. Now you need to come here and tell us all you screwed up. OK, you screwed up. Fix it.
    Spawn12 and DJM626 like this.
    03-24-13 04:53 PM
    I tried side load did not work. App crashes. I did that first few days after i got the phone. I'm going to hold on to phone. Just hoping 10.1 will fix most of the things needed for it to work. As for battery when I first got it yes it was not good. But now it works great. Remember use the phone till it dies. I learned that the hard way. Now I'm getting about 4 days in standby and about 8 hours talk time after letting the phone run till its out.
    03-24-13 04:53 PM
    So you knew Skype is critical to your business and you knew it is not available for the Z10. You still bought it. Now you need to come here and tell us all you screwed up. OK, you screwed up. Fix it.
    Well they said skype was going to be out in couple of weeks after I got the phone. Still waiting though.
    03-24-13 04:55 PM
    Well they said skype was going to be out in couple of weeks after I got the phone. Still waiting though.
    Fair enough. However, I don't recall any official announcement from Microsoft or BlackBerry with a specific release date. For now I suggest using your Z10 as a hotspot and get the least expensive tablet that does Skype.

The contacts problem is one of those annoying bugs that I believe will get fixed and we just need to live with for now. If you can't stand it, you have only one option.

The Facebook app looks almost exactly like the mobile Web site. I'm not sure what you want it to do but it is, what it is for now.
    03-24-13 05:06 PM
    Love the "go get something else" replies... Hmmm, wonder why bb is in last place. Let's all see how many people we can tell to get another phone and then say all is fine.
    taz323 and mgnfcnt like this.
    03-24-13 05:09 PM
    I have the same issue with the address book and Facebook is horrible at this point. Unfortunately these forums have changed over the last few years and now it seems that if you post anything remotely negative about BlackBerry you get sarcastic responses from newbies.

Posted via CB10
    Thank you for this post. I have been a member here since 2007 it has really gone downhill in that aspect.
    fsufan1200#CB and h20work like this.
    03-24-13 05:11 PM
    Skype is coming shortly.
    Ha, you are fully assimilated after just 24 hours with your Z10. Did you sleep yet?

Someone once said, "it'll be here when it's here."
    And really, what else can you do until then? Either be patient, or don't be an early adopter.

p.s. Facebook was done by BB. It seems hit or miss one day to the next. Still better than the iOS version when it first came out if you had the pleasure to use that. It would be nice if Facebook threw some developers at it, but they're still trying to recover about $50 billion in market cap, and a BB10 app is likely the least of their concerns despite how we all feel here on CB. Have you emailed them?

What I would LOVE to see is BB's Bugzilla or whatever bug tracking / feature adding utility they use to see what issues are flagged, fixed, and in progress. Anyone got a login for that?
    03-24-13 05:35 PM
    This is exactly why I have held up on my Z10 purchase. My last "must have" app is MLB At Bat which is supposed to be available before the season starts. Getting real close but my current phone has me covered and my purchase date is tied to the app availability. My bank, Chase, sent me a email Friday indicating they were dropping support for their Blackberry app but it is no deal breaker.
    h20work likes this.
    03-24-13 05:49 PM
    Maybe best to look at a new phone purchase the same way we look at new car models. Don't get the first ones off the assembly line give them a couple of months to get the kinks worked out
    Last edited by last_attempt; 03-24-13 at 06:10 PM.
    03-24-13 05:56 PM
    Sorry you're not happy with the device.

Yes, most people are not happy with the Facebook app, but in reality the Facebook apps on the other platforms aren't much better. Given that, and eventhough it shows it was created by BlackBerry, I have a suspicion that a lot of the issues have to do with how Facebook deals with the various platform developers.

That said, all it takes is for one to create a shortcut to the mobile site.

I get the Battle.net thing. From day one WoW player here (don't play it anymore though), and I fully understand the importance of an authenticator. The thing is, we both know a mobile app isn't the only option, and in the grand scheme of things that's kind of an obscure app to expect to be on BBW this early on, and it's up to Blizz to make it. Not BlackBerry.

The latter is true for Skype as well. Not being confrontational, but does anyone seriously think that if BlackBerry could have Skype on BBW already they wouldn't? The same holds true for other apps we want to see, whether we actually want to use them, or like in my case, we're just tired of reading about them.

I personally am sticking with my z10.

Posted via CB10
    03-24-13 06:12 PM
    Early adoption is not an option for business. This is the reason why many businesses haven't even upgraded windows xp yet. My advice would be bias (like asking a barber if you need a hair cut) so I won't give you any.