Last night I was at a get together with a few people. Everyone there except 2 had Z10s and Q10s. The 2 had a Samsung and an I5. Oddly enough not one of em had even heard of Z30...

Anyway, my friend just ordered an I5s as he hates his Z10. He was explaining how it was slow, the screen was not responsive, it would freeze for 3-4 seconds routinely and just buggy. I have never had any of these issues (I've heard about them from some people on here).

My first Z10 was THE best device I ever laid my hands on including I5, Samsung S4 and every other device I've used. I sadly stepped on that one (RIP). My new Z10 is almost the same. Battery not quite as good as the other one but I love it.

My question is, how can my devices be so much better than his?? His was terrible. I used Google and downloaded a song for him. It was SO glitchy. The screen was completely unresponsive.

I suggested he had a dud and get a new one. He said he's done.

I completely understand his frustration. Too bad stuff like this goes on. BB10 is a great operating system and Z10 is a great phone. We won't win anyone over with glitchie devices like that.

Posted via CB10
    01-05-14 03:59 PM
    Is he on an old OS? 10.0 was crazy buggy.

Posted via CB10
    01-05-14 04:02 PM
    OS version?

It could be that he had a physical hardware fault but generally it would just stop altogether. Other possibles are file system corruption so a wipe and reload would fix that.

Posted via CB10
    01-05-14 04:06 PM
    Hard to know without knowing details like which OS version and whether there are side loads. Or perhaps he's trying (like one poster on here) to synchronize 480,000 emails.

Need details.

You should offer to install a leak for him. Start him out fresh.

One easy thing is he should try booting and running without the media card inserted. See if it's faulty and dragging on the device some how. Not fully seated or corrupted, etc.

Posted via CB10
    01-05-14 04:06 PM
    Last night I was at a get together with a few people. Everyone there except 2 had Z10s and Q10s. The 2 had a Samsung and an I5. Oddly enough not one of em had even heard of Z30...

Anyway, my friend just ordered an I5s as he hates his Z10. He was explaining how it was slow, the screen was not responsive, it would freeze for 3-4 seconds routinely and just buggy. I have never had any of these issues (I've heard about them from some people on here).

My first Z10 was THE best device I ever laid my hands on including I5, Samsung S4 and every other device I've used. I sadly stepped on that one (RIP). My new Z10 is almost the same. Battery not quite as good as the other one but I love it.

My question is, how can my devices be so much better than his?? His was terrible. I used Google and downloaded a song for him. It was SO glitchy. The screen was completely unresponsive.

I suggested he had a dud and get a new one. He said he's done.

I completely understand his frustration. Too bad stuff like this goes on. BB10 is a great operating system and Z10 is a great phone. We won't win anyone over with glitchie devices like that.

Posted via CB10
    Things that make your phone go crazy are: a lot of files in your memory, especially pictures, Lots of emails synced, faulty hardware

Posted via CB10
    01-05-14 04:43 PM
    Thanks everyone for the replies. He said he's up to date with his OS. I'm having him screen shot it to me so I can see.

It is his work phone and he's having problems with his calendar and emails to a lesser degree. Once he gets back to me I'll post his OS.

Posted via CB10
    01-06-14 01:02 PM
    I don't understand why he didn't get it exchanged for a new one.

Posted via CB10
    01-06-14 03:57 PM
    This happens all the time. We can't do anything about it. I know someone that won't touch Samsung because of a faulty device. They could have got it replaced but chose to get a different device instead. Oh well.

Posted via CB10
    01-06-14 04:31 PM
    I asked the same thing about replacing it. His company's provider, Bell, said he was over minutes on the device. BlackBerry said sorry, no new device. They tried to help but they were stumped.

I don't like Apple. At all. But their no questions asked lemon return policy is one of the most brilliant things Steve Jobs ever did. No problems with iphones, just take a new one. Another friend is on her 4th I5 in 13 months. She doesn't care, they keep giving her new ones. First issue was the rear camera shutter jammed closed and the last issue was the battery would discharge and turn off in about 90 minutes. Here, have a new phone (as they toss her old one on a pile of hundreds of other iphones...but they don't have issues, right?)

Got off topic a little...

Ok he has model STL100-3 and official OS version 10.2.0.429

The company has ID'd the email problem. They use Outlook 2003. Its being updated to 2010 in February.

My buddy says he's done though. His frustration is beyond saving him. Its just a shame because I am a heavy user of my Z10 and love it. I had an I5 for a month, returned it twice myself. The 3rd one worked well but I hated it so much I went back to my 9810 before I got my Z10 in February of last year!!

I don't know if BlackBerry could ever just dish out phones like Apple does, but its done wonders for a flawed iOS.

And the struggle continues....

Posted via CB10
    01-06-14 05:17 PM
    Security wipe the device.

Let it update OTA to official OS.

That should clean up the phone. If it does not, it is hardware.

CDN BB
    tsi200 likes this.
    01-06-14 06:32 PM
    Probably just needs the IS reinstalled. The most important thing is to see if the device is buggy before he restores his files. If not, the volume of some file is the problem, that seems to be solved better in 10.2.1.

Posted via CB10
    01-06-14 06:46 PM
    When his new phone comes in I'm going to take this one and wipe it, reinstall and go from there.

Posted via CB10
    01-06-14 11:43 PM
    If all those suggestions doesn't work, there could only one possible thing left... there is nothing wrong with your friend's Z10, he just only drunk... and when the time you check it out, you were consuming beyond the driving limitations too...

You should let the bartender check it out for you guys...

Posted via CB10
    01-07-14 12:26 AM
    Lol, there were a couple beers involved but unless my Z10 has autopilot, which sometimes I think it does cause it just 'knows', then his is a real lemon.

You would never believe our phones are the same. I've never seen one behave like his. It was pissing me off, lol.

Once I get his phone I'll let you guys know. Then we can all fix this damn thing and at least allow him to sell it.

Posted via CB10
    01-07-14 07:18 PM
    Lol, there were a couple beers involved but unless my Z10 has autopilot, which sometimes I think it does cause it just 'knows', then his is a real lemon.

You would never believe our phones are the same. I've never seen one behave like his. It was pissing me off, lol.

Once I get his phone I'll let you guys know. Then we can all fix this damn thing and at least allow him to sell it.

Posted via CB10
    You should ask to do it now. He can always resync with work, if needed, and backup his data. That was he may have a good experience until he switches.

Posted via CB10
    01-07-14 07:21 PM
    Ditto on the apple we replace your crap policy. A lot of iphones get cracks that start in the corners. No need to do anything to it, it just cracks. Apple replaces them no questions asked IF you got the phone from the Apple store. Good luck otherwise.

Just read the Apple forums. Plenty of bad iphones out there. But they sell a lot more phones than BlackBerry, so you would expect lots of complaints. The bug threads often exceed a hundred pages.

Iphones are deaf (no offense to the deaf). Terrible wifi and marginal cellular reception.

Now regarding phone unit to unit variation, it is often a matter of what part of the phone is machine assembled versus hand assembled. I have dealt with a fair amount of Chinese built RF boards and some parts have to be hand soldered. Most PCBs use surface mount components with IR reflow soldering. That is all machine done. But those hand soldered components are often done poorly.

It would be interesting to see how this Moto Google US assembly plant does in initial quality.

Posted via CB10
    01-07-14 08:26 PM
    I'd love to get my buds phone so he could have a good few weeks with it. But he really can't part with it for any amount of time.

As for Apple...meh. That about sums it up. Lol

Posted via CB10
    01-07-14 08:45 PM
    Honestly not sure. I sold my Q10 to a friend a week ago and he's been having so many random issues : BBM not connecting to apps, or at all, the phone app not working...

Same phone, same OS version, I never had a single problem.

Some people are just cursed?

"I only hope that by my example, others themselves may be spared doing foolish things..."
    01-07-14 08:49 PM
    The only solution is to bop him on the head and fix his phone whilst he's "sleeping".

Posted via CB10
    WanShark69 likes this.
    01-07-14 10:56 PM