I'm actually in the same boat. Love the phone for what it is and have no gripes at all but I miss my Nexus 4 and everything I'm use to on it that BB10 doesn't offer yet. For some reason the Nexus experience has so much that I feel I'm missing. It's a shame though cause I love the Keyboard and the overall sexy look of the Z10. Taking it back today and will be paying my restocking (renters) fee.

Edit:
    As I was packing up the device to take back to the store to return, I had a change of heart and decided to keep it. Now, two days later, I am so happy that I did and I'm not going back to Android or any other device. The Z10 is amazing and I feel it's going to have a lot more to offer as time marches on.
    Posted via CB10
    Last edited by guinnkevinr; 03-29-13 at 05:33 AM.
    03-27-13 07:44 AM
    I did... It has potential; very late in the game though.
    Consumers rely on important apps that the blackberry don't have yet.
    If apps are that important to you, seems to me you should have done some research up front to make sure the ones you supposedly need were available on this platform. That's your bad.

Posted via CB10
    kbz1960 likes this.
    03-27-13 07:47 AM
    If apps are that important to you, seems to me you should have done some research up front to make sure the ones you supposedly need were available on this platform. That's your bad.

Posted via CB10
    That right there is why I find all these threads disingenuous at best, very suspicious at worst.

I just can't see someone looking at purchasing a new smartphone and not already knowing that it's taking a little time for developers to get on BB10.

Posted via CB10
    kbz1960, Dave Bourque and EsJayDee like this.
    03-27-13 08:40 AM
    I'll bet it was the lack of fart applications, or the fact that Yahoo email accounts won't constantly report authentication failures with the Z10's mail application sending the requests, because those seem to be the only two things iPhones are good at right now.
    Not one fart app on my iPhone. But I do have some killer games, and awesome productivity, enterprise, and entertainment apps. Hmm, maybe I need to check out some of these fart apps I keep hearing about.
    03-27-13 08:51 AM
    While I don't understand the need for the post, at least the OP gave the phone a shot. Maybe they thought they could do without the apps and just couldn't. it doesn't REALLY matter, not everyone is going to love the BB, and no one phone is for everyone. Some people heavily enjoy apps, even useless ones, fun ones, or something proprietary. If that is what matters to them, then such is life and they have other phones to chose from. No one here can deny that the BB Store is few and far between on entertainment (media/games/etc).

I respect that the OP at least gave the phone a try. I hope you enjoy whatever device you went to and maybe BB will see you again in the future with a more vibrant App selection.
    03-27-13 09:25 AM
    You could of had bought me a nice lunch with those 35 bucks!

Posted via CB10 - FINALLY
    03-27-13 09:31 AM
    I'd say that we were in the group that didn't do our homework up front although I can't imagine why some of the business tools are missing from bb10 that I've seen for so long. It was upgrade time, every two years and we made the plunge for 3 of the 4 units. For me the only option would he been to Stick with my old berry or grab the new Z10. Droid or iPhone were not On my radar. I moved too quick. Just the same I hope updates will fix my Zeadaches.

I think for my use the Apps are good. I only use functional apps. The one thing I DO miss is Poynt but that missing has nothing to do with Blackberry. Here's to hoping it gets better. Neighbor shelved his yesterday and bought a 9900 to use while waiting.

As a final note, I think thy. Blackberry should move quickly to rectify things or it will affect releases elsewhere. I like BlackBerry but the industry "Needs" BlackBerry.

Cheers
    Steve.

Posted via CB10
    03-27-13 09:37 AM
    35 bucks eh, imagine all the beer ya can buy
    *Homer hmm... beer

Posted via CB10 on my zed10
    Soumaila Somtore likes this.
    03-27-13 09:37 AM
    Blackberry= doing the same crap the iPhone needs apps for, without having to have apps!
    zyad likes this.
    03-27-13 09:43 AM
    The only app that I missed dearly is Spotify, who somehow have a BB OS7 app but nothing for BB10.
    03-27-13 09:53 AM
    I did... It has potential; very late in the game though.
    Consumers rely on important apps that the blackberry don't have yet.
    Hmm I came from iPhone 5 and note 2 and I didn't find myself missing any apps that I was say I relied on. Good luck

Posted via CB10 with my Zed 10
    03-27-13 09:55 AM
    The "Too little too late" reasoning makes no sense to me... too late for what? They made a better, cleaner phone than the competition... how is this too late?
    03-27-13 09:58 AM
    Well, Lets see who is responsible for this useless thread, 62 posts, including mine, and only 2 of them were from the OP (troll?). Next time somebody complains about all these useless threads on Crackberry, assign the blame accordingly.
    03-27-13 09:59 AM
    Well, Lets see who is responsible for this useless thread, 62 posts, including mine, and only 2 of them were from the OP (troll?). Next time somebody complains about all these useless threads on Crackberry, assign the blame accordingly.
    I'm sorry someone pissed in your cheerios this morning!
    03-27-13 10:00 AM
    I'll sum it up like this (which is true for me and may not be for anyone else): my new Z10 allows me to work all day and I almost never need to use my laptop to get my work done. I'm in sales leadership so my work is mainly about communicating with others, repeatedly and often. Since Friday, I haven't put this thing down. What it does naturally through hub, flow and peek is exactly what I was looking for in a smartphone. I have an iPhone and for work it was part of a system (along with an iPad and computer) that allowed me to get work done. But my BlackBerry IS the system. The file system and Dropbox (or Box) integration is more polished and useful than anything I had on the iPhone. I review, edit and send attachments all day long. I love how the Z10 enables me to do it without pulling out a second device. I'm never in my office and now all I need is one device, check that...one fantastic device. My new BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    zyad and III 4U2NV III like this.
    03-27-13 10:09 AM
    So what are these "top tier" apps BlackBerry said would be available at launch? Having over 100,000 apps means NOTHING if you filled the app gap with crap.

There's no Spotify. No Skype. No Hulu Plus. No Feedly. (No great newsreader other than TapTu which is... meh, in my opinion). No Skype. (Yes, again, no Skype.)

Seriously? I can get past the idea of not having a fully integrated Google Voice experience like I had on my Galaxy Nexus, but not having these kinds of streaming media and communications apps at launch is a HUGE concern. I feel like I've invested in a platform with the hope that it'll get better.

And I haven't been in an LTE coverage area yet, so I'm just on HSPA+, but I have to say that the battery life has, so far, been shockingly poor considering I'm not even streaming anything.
    03-27-13 10:09 AM
    Also, the Facebook app is problematic because it doesn't give you the option of sorting your News Feed by "Most Recent." What you're left with is Facebook's "Top Updates" list, which means you only see what Facebook thinks you want to see, and those posts aren't in chronological order. So I'm seeing 4 minutes ago, 16 minutes ago, 2 hours ago, 4 minutes ago, two days ago... I want to see updates as they're made, not as Facebook thinks they're important.

Work around: Use the mobile site, which is fine. But I didn't pay $600 for a handheld web browser. There are some basic app needs that Z10 just doesn't fill yet.
    03-27-13 10:11 AM
    Why do all these people who shell out time and money for a Z10 not even bother to check to see if the "must have" apps are there... It is not hard... there is this great invention called "Google"...... not hard to use......if said "must have" apps are not available then do NOT buy a Z10... have asked this over and over and have never seen anyone who bought one and complain post an answer....
    03-27-13 11:19 AM
    Why do all these people who shell out time and money for a Z10 not even bother to check to see if the "must have" apps are there... It is not hard... there is this great invention called "Google"...... not hard to use......if said "must have" apps are not available then do NOT buy a Z10... have asked this over and over and have never seen anyone who bought one and complain post an answer....
    Thank you! You beat me to it lol.
    Yes Facebook could be better. But if it's a must have on a mobile device. Then why not test it first? I agree with you completely.

I also think some of the frustration is a little misdirected. Every one needs to email and tweet the app developers. After all. The z10 works fine. It's the apps that are lacking. Contact the dev Ppl to prove there is a need and want for these apps.

Posted via CB10 on my Z10 Oreo
    03-27-13 11:24 AM
    WOW a whole 5 days, thanks. You must have learned to turn it on in that time.
    03-27-13 11:31 AM
    People can do research on what apps are missing but still be eager to try the new phone and see if they can live with out them. It's not evil of OP to realize he can't after a few days of use. Everyone's experience and needs are different. No need for all the hate.

Posted via CB10
    03-27-13 11:47 AM
    Actually if you login to your facebook account from a pc and change the feed from top stories to most recent that will solve the issue within the app.

Spotify I have no clue if that is coming, but Skype should be coming out soon.
    03-27-13 12:04 PM
    Why did you buy it in the first place if there are so many oddball apps you rely on? And how much information from those apps could you get from a webpage? Did you try converting any of those apps from the Android store? If you are getting into a Z10, then you are getting into a first generation device, and have to expect to do some tinkering to match up 100% with the other platforms. I think the potential is there too, but if you don't give it an honest try before moving on, then I don't think you've got the right expectations going in.
    03-27-13 12:13 PM
    lol This is silly. If you've done even the most basic amount of research into your phone purchase beforehand, you'd already know that BB10 is significantly lacking in apps right now. If that is the make-or-break factor, I have no idea why you would buy a Z10 in the first place.

I call the $35 restocking fee a penalty for not doing your homework. Caveat emptor.
    03-27-13 12:15 PM
    So what are these "top tier" apps BlackBerry said would be available at launch? Having over 100,000 apps means NOTHING if you filled the app gap with crap.

There's no Spotify. No Skype. No Hulu Plus. No Feedly. (No great newsreader other than TapTu which is... meh, in my opinion). No Skype. (Yes, again, no Skype.)
    I (and not a single person I associate with) give a crap about any 1 of those apps. (not to say its not important to some, but I seriously do NOT think it is the masses).

Are there some apps I would like to see? Absolutely. Do I think it could use more quality apps? Absolutely.

Do I think any of these apps you mentioned are even REMOTELY important or necessary? Definitely not.

I am an avid android user, but the Android Play store is 90% garbage, so seeing a lot of that same garbage in BBM is no surprise to me, and shouldn't be to anyone else. It is there in all app stores, half-a$$ed "programmers" trying to make a quick buck.
    Last edited by crawlgsx; 03-27-13 at 01:07 PM.
    03-27-13 12:18 PM
184 12345 ...