Ok, let me start by saying that this post is simply me venting a little.

So Blackberry has announced the "end of life" for the Z10. This means there will come a day very soon where we can't get this phone any more. We'll be forced to move to a newer offering. Now, I know this is how things work. But I don't like any of the other offerings to be honest! It seems like Blackberry is moving back to physical keyboards on all the other offerings. I've gone away from the physical keyboard and don't miss it, nor do I want it back. I made the transition with my Torch and then my Torch2 thinking it would be the best of both worlds. I slowly found myself not using the keyboard more and more. Then I got my Z10 and have never once missed the keyboard. Now, I'm looking at the future possibility of being forced back to a keyboard device. Yuck!

And that "Passport"? I don't know about that thing. I really want to love it, but I just can't get behind it. If I pulled that thing out in a crowd the reactions would be insane. Being different is one thing. But even car manufacturers know when it isn't time to put something out yet. Some designs are just too "out there" for public consumption. I think this is a prime example. At least right now, when I pull out my Z10 people around me are impressed (still) with the form, style and function of this phone. When they find out it's a Blackberry they are blown away. Something tells me that Passport will be met with a lot of "WTF?" from everyone around. Besides, again, forced back into a keyboard model. I don't want that.

Why do we have to retire the Z10? To me, it's the best phone in the lineup!
    Strikkie and pystha like this.
    07-08-14 05:16 PM
    So Blackberry has announced the "end of life" for the Z10.
    When they do that? lol. I mean logically it has to come at some point but unless I missed something, BlackBerry hasn't announced anything really. And if you like the Z10 so much, there's nothing stopping you from buying another Z10 really. It's not as if they go to people's houses and collect them all lol. There's brand new ones being sold all over the place.
    07-08-14 05:28 PM
    I love my Z10 but I don't worry about not being able to get another when my contract is up, I'm sure there will be worthy replacements available.

Posted via CB10
    07-08-14 06:18 PM
    The Z10 will be running 10.3.1 come November. Just as will the Z30. Forcing you back to physical keyboards? Don't fret about it!

Z10 STL100-3. OS 10.3.0.296
    07-08-14 06:30 PM
    Z10 EoL? Uh, when was that exactly?

Posted via CB10
    07-08-14 06:33 PM
    BlackBerry will not leave the virtual keyboard market. The only thing I worry about is that they won't make another phone that has a screen that's under 5 inches. I love the size of the Z10 and wouldn't want to go to anything bigger.

Posted using my amazing BlackBerry Z10 or Q5
    07-08-14 06:35 PM
    I am sure there will be another size like the Z10. Look at how many use a stupid iphone and its way smaller!

Z10 is no where near EOL. Hell I am sure it could serve anyone for several years to come.
    07-08-14 06:39 PM
    Something tells me that Passport will be met with a lot of "WTF?" from everyone around. Besides, again, forced back into a keyboard model. I don't want that.
    " Sometimes to move forward we have to move back " - TYPO F**CKed Company.com LOL
    07-08-14 06:42 PM
    Z10 EoL? Uh, when was that exactly?

Posted via CB10
    Maybe you guys missed the memo. I know it was posted here on Crackberry as well, but here's just one of many articles on it -
    BlackBerry Z10 Reaching Its Official End-Of-Production(Life)? - BerryReview

Now, I know they aren't going to come to my house and take my Z10 from me. I get that it doesn't work that way. But it does mean that if I end up breaking this one (again) there may or may not be a replacement for it at some point. So then what? I kind of like the Z30 and would probably move to that if I could. But my carrier doesn't carry that phone so that means finding an unlocked one, which is out of my budget range.
    07-09-14 12:38 PM
    BlackBerry will not leave the virtual keyboard market. The only thing I worry about is that they won't make another phone that has a screen that's under 5 inches. I love the size of the Z10 and wouldn't want to go to anything bigger.

Posted using my amazing BlackBerry Z10 or Q5
    Luv my z10 but I would prefer a smaller device footprint. For a 4.2" screen this thing is too big. Even with this footprint I'm sure they could squeeze close to a 5" look at the gs4 it's almost the same size as my z10.

Posted via CB10
    07-09-14 12:43 PM
    Ok, let me start by saying that this post is simply me venting a little.

So Blackberry has announced the "end of life" for the Z10. This means there will come a day very soon where we can't get this phone any more. We'll be forced to move to a newer offering. Now, I know this is how things work. But I don't like any of the other offerings to be honest! It seems like Blackberry is moving back to physical keyboards on all the other offerings. I've gone away from the physical keyboard and don't miss it, nor do I want it back. I made the transition with my Torch and then my Torch2 thinking it would be the best of both worlds. I slowly found myself not using the keyboard more and more. Then I got my Z10 and have never once missed the keyboard. Now, I'm looking at the future possibility of being forced back to a keyboard device. Yuck!

And that "Passport"? I don't know about that thing. I really want to love it, but I just can't get behind it. If I pulled that thing out in a crowd the reactions would be insane. Being different is one thing. But even car manufacturers know when it isn't time to put something out yet. Some designs are just too "out there" for public consumption. I think this is a prime example. At least right now, when I pull out my Z10 people around me are impressed (still) with the form, style and function of this phone. When they find out it's a Blackberry they are blown away. Something tells me that Passport will be met with a lot of "WTF?" from everyone around. Besides, again, forced back into a keyboard model. I don't want that.

Why do we have to retire the Z10? To me, it's the best phone in the lineup!
    Why worry about the future, are you sure you gonna see it through!

Posted via CB10
    07-09-14 12:45 PM
    Why worry about the future, are you sure you gonna see it through!

Posted via CB10
    LOL! Good point!
    07-09-14 12:55 PM
    Maybe you guys missed the memo. I know it was posted here on Crackberry as well, but here's just one of many articles on it -

Now, I know they aren't going to come to my house and take my Z10 from me. I get that it doesn't work that way. But it does mean that if I end up breaking this one (again) there may or may not be a replacement for it at some point. So then what? I kind of like the Z30 and would probably move to that if I could. But my carrier doesn't carry that phone so that means finding an unlocked one, which is out of my budget range.
    We didn't miss a memo. BlackBerry never announced this, it's just a rumor. Check facts next time, please.
    07-09-14 01:10 PM
    End of production is possible yes. Not end of life. Z3 LTE could be it's replacement

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.3247
    07-09-14 01:27 PM
    What if you died tomorrow? Exactly. No point in worrying about the future.

What if your friends died tomorrow? Exactly. Who cares what they think? If they died tomorrow its all about what YOU think since you no longer have people to feed your ego.

What if your job place exploded tomorrow? Exactly. Now you have no money to buy any other phone and will be stuck with your Z10 till you find another job. But what if that other job exploded the following week?

Life is unpredictable. Enjoy your Z10 as much as you can.

via CB10 - CH(s): (C0012477B , C003B32E9) - OS 10.2 Rogers
    07-09-14 09:08 PM

Not sure If that rumor is true. It could be. However there was another rumor that they will be releasing new OS update to the end of 2015 I believe. These are both rumors however. If it's truth in the link you posted and they're not making any more after then? Well all well, I love my Z10 and I hope they out an updated version of the Z10 or even the Z30 I've been eying them lately..

Still up in the air about the passport. The more I see it the more it interest me. However I'll need to check one out to see how it feels ergonomically

Posted via CB10 I <3 BBQ C002F5B02
    07-09-14 09:24 PM
    Amazing how rumors become facts in cycerspace.

Apparently, the BlackBerry Z10 will be reaching its end of production pretty soon, well, it has been on the market for a pretty long time now. However, according to the latest rumors, it is ceasing official production on the 10 July. This means that BlackBerry will stop production of their first BlackBerry 10 device then.

I am not too sure if this is true or not, but regardless of which, they will still support it for at least another 2 years (since warranty is at 2 years in many countries), if you still can get it.
    That said, the Z10 is over a year and a half old. Once the inventory is done, it would seem strange for them to continue it. It has the Z30 and Z3, both newer devices on market now.
    07-09-14 09:25 PM
    While I do appreciate the advances on the z30, I feel that the Z10 is the best device for me... for now. When the time comes when my Z10 conks out, then I will evaluate which next Z I will get.

Posted via CB10
    07-11-14 12:48 AM
    Something tells me that Passport will be met with a lot of "WTF?" from everyone around.
    That one makes me laugh.

Posted via CB10
    07-11-14 12:57 AM
    The Z10 will be running 10.3.1 come November. Just as will the Z30. Forcing you back to physical keyboards? Don't fret about it!

Z10 STL100-3. OS 10.3.0.296
    TerribleTim68,

I loved my former Z10's and for the first 3wks having the Z30 I missed the pre-5" size as well. The Z3 LTE will pretty much replace the Z10.

Hang On:
    I feel your pain, really I do, but I'm sure you'll find a quite a few BNIB Z10 in kijiji local listings for s few months yet, probably under $150US if not close to $100 for those that have been waiting months to get rid of theirs. I'm really considering getting one as a backup.

Keyboard based BlackBerry's :

I really really wanted the Q10 and I just may still get one for nostalgia's sake but that PassPort is going to rock it!

Analogy:
    You used car manufacturers knowing when to hold back; so terribly wrong there!
    Examples :
    1. Lotus Esprit Turbo early 70's
    - released when round form cars where the norm and it was almost HALF the height of the competition including angular Lamborghini's and featured in James Bond under water. It too in the late 90's was the last car to be made with pop-up lights.

2. Wankel Rotary Engine:
    NSC (I think), then Mazda were the only companies with an international license to build this type of engine: yes you needed a license as a manufacturer to build it! When released in mid to late 70's it was PURE avante garde and went against the norm for everything including the then established saloon sports the Datsun 270!
    - a simple paint job was all it took to boost sales and after marker love for this ride the RX-7 and it did well despite the odd looks and gas faces onlookers gave.

3. Lamborghini's 25th Anniversary Countach
    - this Damn thing had Gills when a simple wailtail like that on the porsche would suffice. Yet it sold out completely in the USA and Europe! Bold edged and straight to the point: it goes like stink fast for its time, and guzzles glass lime nobodies business and grabbed girls like donuts to cops.

4. Ferrari TestaRossa, the original.
    - in Yellow looked nasty, Red well that goes without saying, but a bleached redhead... in White featured on Miami Vice ( I still love that show). all it took was proper looks, showing it and using it as intended not to show off and the lookers that watch will notice it's appeal ots power for what it's used for. Looks os for window shopping, this isn't mid 80's you can use accessories : skins, cases, colour ware, etc. Give it your personal touch.

It's all in how you use your device by choose! Stop being influence by others because how something looks! Are you a 23yr old girl about to wear which short skirt to wear to college school or to the club with a 1 hour lineup when it's negative 25 with wind chill I'm just so you look hot but stupid shivering and a pore conversstionist due to chattering teeth from the cold or are you going to do things first by function then woke towards fashion????!!!!

Z30 replacement and z10 design is coming but in early 2015.

? BlackBerry Z30 ? If it Don't Make Dollars, It don't Make Sense ?
    07-11-14 01:16 AM
    Don't worry, according to the wsj, blackberry will be gone in 2015.

Posted via CB10
    07-11-14 01:33 AM
    Don't worry, according to the wsj, blackberry will be gone in 2015.

Posted via CB10
    Heh - this article predicted in 2012 that bankruptcy was looming.

BlackBerry maker may go bankrupt - thenews.com.pk
    07-11-14 06:04 AM
    I've been hearing that they'll go bankrupt since 08-09.

Posted via CB10 I <3 BBQ C002F5B02
    07-11-14 06:11 AM
    I was that all touch 1080p thing posted somewhere in crackberry. It was within a sdk.

Hehe

Posted via CB10
    07-11-14 07:37 AM