"...and gripey Crackberry posters who think the entire world has the same gripes they have."
    Well, in my view, the problem with this is
    BBRY has a MAJOR reputation problem with regards to promises.
    In this sense, I think much of the BBRY community does have the same gripes. But it's true enough that at CB, we have a statistically skewed population of BBRY users.

In any case, we can agree to disagree about the significance of a Q10/10.1 release that does not include Z10 users. I've seen enough of your posts here to know you're not a mindless BBRY fanboi, and the amount of time you spend helping others (more than anyone else I've seen) gives you enough cred that I won't argue too hard with you : )

Mostly I'm bummed because without >30 day email and Skype, I can't run the phone as my daily driver. I may be forced to buy one just to play with, and then wait it out.
    Last edited by mset; 04-08-13 at 10:46 PM.
    04-08-13 10:32 PM
    also while 10.1 may ship initially for the Q10, that isnt to say it wont come to the z10. it will just take a little longer.
    so the fix will come, patience is the name of the game here
    Very true!

Posted Via CB10 on my Zed10
    04-09-13 10:16 AM
    In any case, we can agree to disagree about the significance of a Q10/10.1 release that does not include Z10 users. I've seen enough of your posts here to know you're not a mindless BBRY fanboi, and the amount of time you spend helping others (more than anyone else I've seen) gives you enough cred that I won't argue too hard with you : )

I can wish for no more than to leave such an impression, thank you.

Mostly I'm bummed because without >30 day email and Skype, I can't run the phone as my daily driver. I may be forced to buy one just to play with, and then wait it out.

Well FWIW, I'd like to see >30 days too. But I also know as a system administrator that laypeople often have very silly ideas about anything remotely referred-to as "unlimited" when it comes to technology.

I've been having discussions recently about precisely this kind of thing with a company which bills itself as the largest hoster of Microsoft Exchange email in the world. Bottom line: resources are not infinite. If you try to keep messages back to the beginning of time on your handheld device, you WILL run into problems, unless you barely receive/generate much traffic. The CEO of the company that we are preparing to migrate to that provider has a 25GB Outlook mailbox. We will not be trying to sync all that to his iPhone.
    Neely2005 likes this.
    04-15-13 04:53 AM
    I can wish for no more than to leave such an impression, thank you.

Well FWIW, I'd like to see >30 days too. But I also know as a system administrator that laypeople often have very silly ideas about anything remotely referred-to as "unlimited" when it comes to technology.

I've been having discussions recently about precisely this kind of thing with a company which bills itself as the largest hoster of Microsoft Exchange email in the world. Bottom line: resources are not infinite. If you try to keep messages back to the beginning of time on your handheld device, you WILL run into problems, unless you barely receive/generate much traffic. The CEO of the company that we are preparing to migrate to that provider has a 25GB Outlook mailbox. We will not be trying to sync all that to his iPhone.
    Ok ok, but even that Nokia E61 I used before I had a blackberry had this option, why not a Z10? My guess is because it will slow the hub right down. Have you ever noticed how long it takes to index the hub when you change from single messages to conversation and/or back? Legacy does it instantly.

Why does the Z10 not have the ability to download all emails but just the header with the option to download the whole email if you click on it, you know, like the Nokia E61 did all those years ago.

Z10 is missing features from legacy and from other platforms.
    04-15-13 05:09 AM
    Ok ok, but even that Nokia E61 I used before I had a blackberry had this option, why not a Z10? My guess is because it will slow the hub right down.

I have made the same point several times in this forum.

Your Nokia didn't have the Blackberry Hub either.

Holding 5,000 messages in a single folder for one single email account is one thing.

Holding 5,000 messages in each of half a dozen folders for half a dozen email accounts, along with thousands of text messages, thousands of BBM messages, thousands of Facebook/LinkedIn/Twitter things as well as the entire phone call log etc etc etc is a very different matter.

Why does the Z10 not have the ability to download all emails but just the header with the option to download the whole email if you click on it, you know, like the Nokia E61 did all those years ago.

The only person that can answer that question are the people that designed it. The rest of us can only speculate. My personal speculation would suggest simplicity, popularity and priorities.

Z10 is missing features from legacy and from other platforms.
    And those platforms are missing features the Z10 has. The point isn't whether product A or product B is "missing a feature", there will always be differences in what features any product has. The question is the value/importance/popularity of such features. Lots of people assume things that they value are valued by everyone else when the simple fact is that they are not. Lots of people pooh-pooh aspects of a product that are of value to others, despite the fact that there are more people who value them than those like themselves who don't.

Perspective.
    Spawn12 and cman5 like this.
    04-15-13 08:36 AM
    Active Sync is what controls what gets downloaded and what doesn't, not the device.
    04-15-13 08:50 AM
    i think a lot of the more casual users (obviously not everyone) like me don't actually want their entire inboxes downloaded and showing up in the hub, but want remote server search for gmail etc. without needing to login through the browser.
    04-15-13 09:03 AM
    And those platforms are missing features the Z10 has. The point isn't whether product A or product B is "missing a feature", there will always be differences in what features any product has. The question is the value/importance/popularity of such features. Lots of people assume things that they value are valued by everyone else when the simple fact is that they are not. Lots of people pooh-pooh aspects of a product that are of value to others, despite the fact that there are more people who value them than those like themselves who don't.

Perspective.
    What email features does the Z10 have over other platforms, other than the Hub? I believe you'll find it's mostly missing features.
    04-15-13 09:10 AM
    Anybody ever try Logicmail for BBOS devices? It puts BB10 to absolute shame. It's a far more powerful email client.
    04-15-13 09:11 AM
    My old Nokia E61 from 2007 could download up to 999 messages (full text or headers only) per email account. BB10 is supposed to be a completely new OS but it feels more like first-gen Android to me. That's not good enough when competitors are far ahead.

I don't think we should be giving excuses for Blackberry. They should come out and say why a feature was left out, intentionally or otherwise, to convince current users and potential newcomers to use BB10. That's what Twitter is for

The Hub is a unified inbox with all the benefits and disadvantages of that concept - if piling on 5000 messages into Hub folders will bring the whole phone to a crawl, then Blackberry should do something to fix the Hub, not remove the option entirely for users. At least allow users to easily separate messages from multiple email accounts, Twitter, etc. in separate views instead of dumping them together by default.
    04-15-13 09:33 AM
    Anybody ever try Logicmail for BBOS devices? It puts BB10 to absolute shame. It's a far more powerful email client.

I have that on my Bold and you've got to be joking.

The reason I installed it is because it does some things that the native client doesn't. The reason I didn't use it by default is because it is missing various things the native client is not missing. Even on that old platform.

This is the same reason I have K9 Email installed on my Z10. Options. Not "superiority". Right now it's there more or less as a testing vehicle.
    04-15-13 02:17 PM
    My old Nokia E61 from 2007 could download up to 999 messages (full text or headers only) per email account. BB10 is supposed to be a completely new OS but it feels more like first-gen Android to me. That's not good enough when competitors are far ahead.

I don't think we should be giving excuses for Blackberry. They should come out and say why a feature was left out, intentionally or otherwise, to convince current users and potential newcomers to use BB10. That's what Twitter is for

The Hub is a unified inbox with all the benefits and disadvantages of that concept - if piling on 5000 messages into Hub folders will bring the whole phone to a crawl, then Blackberry should do something to fix the Hub, not remove the option entirely for users. At least allow users to easily separate messages from multiple email accounts, Twitter, etc. in separate views instead of dumping them together by default.
    That's exactly what bb10 emails reminds me of, my old E61, but that did it much better.

Posted via CB10
    04-15-13 02:21 PM
    I posted this in another thread also:

BlackBerry for 10 years: come and buy our devices, we have a revolutionary email system, true push email

BlackBerry now for bb10: come and buy our devices, we have the same email solution............ everybody else had all along for the last 10 years

Posted via CB10
    blueberrymerry likes this.
    04-15-13 02:23 PM
    I posted this in another thread also:

BlackBerry for 10 years: come and buy our devices, we have a revolutionary email system, true push email

BlackBerry now for bb10: come and buy our devices, we have the same email solution............ everybody else had all along for the last 10 years

Posted via CB10
    I had thought all along that the reason for BBRY doing this with the email.....
    ...Was that it their new system would get bogged down by having the same email ability as i.o.s. or Droid.
    ...Sounds like it's the "Hub".
    Makes me wonder if BBRY really thought out the risk / reward aspect to providing a feature....
    ...That removed other features - specifically the primary feature the device is historically known for - EMAIL.
    04-16-13 09:58 PM
    ...That removed other features - specifically the primary feature the device is historically known for - EMAIL.
    "Email" was not "removed".
    04-17-13 12:55 AM
    Where are the email filters, where can you customise read receipts, where can you block emails en mass (firewall) , where can you turn off html or automore, where can you forward an email from a different account and so on

Posted via CB10
    04-17-13 01:36 AM
    On a blackberry if you don't have the ability to recall email as well as an iphone or Droid can...
    ...What is it that you do have?
    04-18-13 01:39 AM
    It's a BlackBerry you don't need apps because of the browser
    04-18-13 02:34 AM
    04-18-13 07:46 PM
419 ... 151617