I am new to the forum for posting on it but I read it often. I just got the Z10 and upgraded from a 9900. I have been having some random issues happen with it and I want to know if its my device or software related and I should be waiting for the 10.1 update. I am using the STL100-3 model. Running os 10.0.10.85. Using Bell as my service provider.

Here is my list:

-Facebook contacts display in the Contacts app even after reboot. I have the settings to be off. They do not show in the Contacts app but after a reboot, they all re-appear. I have to go back to Settings to turn it off. Also, when composing a new message (from Hub) FB contacts show up even though they aren't displayed in Contacts app. How do I get rid of these contacts for good?

-Birth dates in Contacts app show current date after I edit. If there is a FB link with the Contact and I look at them, they will have the FB bday as well as the one I added. However, it will show 5/7/2013 (as example) instead of proper date.

-When I add a new contact and their birthday, this does not get added to calendar automatically. I had to manually add all Contacts birthdates to the Calendar manually and set up All-Day events for their b-day.

-Random rebooting. I have Wi-fi on and a SD card inserted. It has rebooted while just handling the device as well as being plugged in and charging. I notice the phone just freezes for about 20 seconds then the red-indicator light goes on and the phone restarts. It has also rebooted while playing a game. I have no idea what is causing this. I have read on the forums that many Z10 users have similar issues. No real reasoning or solution to this date.

-Vibrate setting on device. When I get a message/email it sounds like something is loose. I have it on vibrate for a reason and when I get a message I can hear the vibrate. If I squeeze the device tightly up near the camera corner it reduces the sound drastically.

-Cannot delete SIM contacts. Still remain on phone even after delete. If I go to Contacts, open Menu and choose SIM Card Contacts, I have a number in there. I can delete them, they disappear but once I exit and go back, so do the contacts. Could these be read only? How do I remove that?

Can anyone provide some assistance? Any ideas on the above issues?

Thanks.
    05-07-13 04:58 PM
    Take back and request a new one. I've had mine since February and none of the issues you have mentioned.

Posted via CB10
    05-07-13 05:30 PM
    I'm a Bell 100.3 Don't have problems.

Posted via CB10
    05-07-13 05:36 PM
    I had a Facebook add-in attached to my pc Outlook account that was causing most of the issues you are experiencing. Check under programs on your computer and see if you have it. If so, delete it.

If you used your old 9900 SD card, check it for dat or ini file extensions and delete them and see if that helps your rebooting.

Please report back.

Posted via CB10
    05-07-13 06:34 PM
    Hey- I have Z10 Verizon and I share the issue of the rattling sound. It's a very minor inconvenience for me, as I only hear it when setting the phone down; I think it's the power button at the top rattling slightly. I have some suggestions for improvements for BB, but I'm feeling lazy, so I won't go into them. Only other issue I share with you is the contacts issue. When I compose an email or text message, there are extra phone numbers and email addresses that make the process clumsy. For example, my sister has an old email address that got picked up somewhere, but not from my contacts list I retored my phone with from my Bold. My nephew has a phone number from his facebook profile that I can't send a text to, even though it's the same as the actual mobile number from my native contacts app. I also have some duplicate contacts to manage through. I figured I'd just have to be careful when composing texts/emails to make sure I get the right info.

Via Z10 & CB10
    05-07-13 07:58 PM
    I had an issue with contacts "reappearing" and also duplicating on my business partner's phone. It turned out we both were sharing our business email and it was "synching" the same contacts on both our Z10's. Do you share an email through business, wife, etc?
    Regarding the other issues, don't happen here. Although the loose vibrator sounds like a hardware issue.
    05-07-13 08:13 PM
    I had a Facebook add-in attached to my pc Outlook account that was causing most of the issues you are experiencing. Check under programs on your computer and see if you have it. If so, delete it.

If you used your old 9900 SD card, check it for dat or ini file extensions and delete them and see if that helps your rebooting.

Please report back.

Posted via CB10
    I don't use FB within Outlook or sync Outlook contacts with my Z10.
    I did however move my 9900 SD card to the Z10. So I will have to look at the files on it. What directory should I be looking for dat and ini files?

Thanks.
    05-07-13 10:03 PM
    I had an issue with contacts "reappearing" and also duplicating on my business partner's phone. It turned out we both were sharing our business email and it was "synching" the same contacts on both our Z10's. Do you share an email through business, wife, etc?
    Regarding the other issues, don't happen here. Although the loose vibrator sounds like a hardware issue.
    I don't share any email addresses with anyone. I also said for my email addresses NOT to sync the contact lists. I have specific contacts I want on my phone and I hate having FB, Gmail or Hotmail syncing crap contacts with my phone.
    05-07-13 10:06 PM
    Does anyone else have something to add to this?

Anyone else have issues when adding a Birthday to the Contact and having it appear in the Calendar?
    05-08-13 12:51 PM