So I just found out that sound hound on the blackberry can actually listen to whatever is playing on the device and identify it without having to do anything. I have never been able to do this on any other device whether it was an android or iphone.

This is an amazing feature, there are always times where I listen to a radio station or a mix that I want to know the song, but I don't have anyone else's phone to borrow to identify it, now I don't need any, it can all be done through the same blackberry and very quickly because of swipe up!

Essentially on other phones when you open sound hound or shazam it usually muts the speaker to use the Mic, not on the blackberry with the power of QNX.

I LOVE IT !

Posted via CB10
    06-06-13 01:48 AM
    Glad you're liking BB10! Apps like these have been around for quite some time, be it Shazam or Soundhound! I've had shazam on my 9900 and loved it, pretty neat app. Great news though that soundhound is on BB10 and it's native!
    06-06-13 01:51 AM
    I just tried this and this is amazing! I couldn't do this with Shazam on my old BlackBerry. Thanks for posting this!

Posted via CB10
    06-06-13 01:52 AM
    So I just found out that sound hound on the blackberry can actually listen to whatever is playing on the device and identify it without having to do anything. I have never been able to do this on any other device whether it was an android or iphone.

This is an amazing feature, there are always times where I listen to a radio station or a mix that I want to know the song, but I don't have anyone else's phone to borrow to identify it, now I don't need any, it can all be done through the same blackberry and very quickly because of swipe up!

I LOVE IT !

Posted via CB10
    Yes, and it has the LiveLyric feature, which the moving lyric is RIGHT EXACTLY where the position of the song is. That means you can sing along with the song! I'm so excited with this feature. Superb app on a superb phone!

Posted via CB10
    cman5 and AngryEdmontonian like this.
    06-06-13 01:55 AM
    You can do the same thing with Soundhound on the iPhone and Android.

What I like about soundhound for BlackBerry10 is how simple the UI is, I hope it stays that way.

Check out my "Facepalm" channel: C0001F676
    Last edited by Young Z; 06-29-13 at 03:13 PM.
    06-06-13 02:26 AM
    Just tried it and it works amazingly!!! Nice job sound hound and blackberry. True multitasking!!

Posted via CB10
    06-06-13 06:39 AM
    I had a similar app to Soundhound built into my sony erriksson W850i, worked a treat

Posted via CB10
    06-06-13 06:54 AM

Essentially on other phones when you open sound hound or shazam it usually muts the speaker to use the Mic, not on the blackberry with the power of QNX.

I LOVE IT !

Posted via CB10
    That's funny because I tried that last night and was surprised it worked

Posted via CB10
    06-06-13 10:05 AM
    This worked with Shazam on my 9900.

Posted via CB10
    06-06-13 10:10 AM
    I just tried it with my iPhone 5 and shazaam and it worked too.

Posted via CB10
    06-06-13 10:12 AM
    Whether you could do it on Android, BlackBerry, or iOS its an amazing feature nonetheless. But the SoundHound BB10 app is superbly built. I hope to see more powerful and beautiful apps like this in the weeks/months to come. Great job SoundHound. And people if you've installed the app and are enjoying it, give them a good review, they deserve it.
    annon91221 likes this.
    06-06-13 10:24 AM